Why no employee beards?

EPCOTPluto

Only decent shave I ever had in my life was by an old Italian barber who insisted he could do it without me bleeding. It was a glorious experience with steaming hot towels and a rub-down with astringents, but it took him about two hours and a lot of very careful skin-stretching... Not exactly something I could work into my morning routine. :rolleyes:
The only possible time I can shave is right after a uber-hot shower. In the mornings, it's impossible to do a 15min. shave and not nick myself, even with the razor being all wet.

My thoughts on this topic.

Being a longhaired and bearded man (I braid my beard), I want to put in my two cents.

In December, I had the opportunity to take a great vacation that consisted of a few days at Universal Studios, then over to Ft. Lauderdale to go on the Oasis of the Seas (the world's largest cruise ship) for her maiden voyage, and then back to Orlando to go to Disney World for a week.

I will say that it is a shame they don't allow cast members to have beards. I can personally understand the reasoning behind it, but that doesn't mean I have to like the reasoning. I do believe that the opinion will eventually change someday, mainly because when we were at Universal, I noticed several employees with beards. We went to that park's guest services and they told us that the decision there to allow male employees to have beards (albeit short and very well groomed, almost like a goatee style) was a very recent decision.

C. Jackson
Dallas, TX

Figment632

I know this is a Walt rule that I constantly get in trouble for but I think some changes should be made to allow gotees!

Also WDI are CM's why are the excluded?

Uncle Lupe

Many businesses have these types of rules, no facial hair or very little well groomed. What about facial piercings? My work just started to allow a few facial piercings with clear retainers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom