Why is the Wand.......

donaldfan

Some people associate Disney with artistry and achievement. Others think of cartoon characters.

Much like slathering a Filet Mignon with ketchup or thinking that the monolith in Kubrick's "2001" was lacking some much needed racing stripes.

Having said that, however, I can't help but think that Disney didn't bring this on themselves. Walk into any store that carries Disney merchandise. Are they pushing achievements like SSE? Or is it character after character?

While I certainly don't agree with the pro-wand crowd, I don't blame them for viewing Disney this way.

Good point -- I agree with the Filet analogy!

Joseph360

I think the wand debate is not so important and that we should just quit about it. I agree with my father, COOLEO, by saying that the wand adds a little Disney touch to EPCOT. However, i do agree that evryone is entitled to their own opinion. But sometimes we also need to look at the positive things about the wand.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Joseph360

I wouldn't say that most people who hate the wand feel that 95% feel the same way. That said, it's mostly the "nostalgic" fans that hate the wand, as well as a good chunk(not necessarily a majority, but a large amount) of people who saw SSE before the wand went up. But I gotta agree with Mickster on this, just cause people aren't lining up at GR doesn't mean that the majority likes or dislikes the wand. I'd venture out to say that most people are apathetic, and with that, they can still dislike or like the thing, but they just don't care enough to do anything about it. Like me, I hate the thing, but have never made a trip to GR, cause really, I only see it 3 or 4 times out of the day when I'm there, and I can always position myself so that SSE blocks the wand out. :animwink:

I know this may not be what all the wand haters want, but I love the wand. I agree with arkansasgoofy and say that without the wand the Spaceship Earth looks like a plain old giant golf ball:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

goofyfan13

I know this may not be what all the wand haters want, but I love the wand. I agree with arkansasgoofy and say that without the wand the Spaceship Earth looks like a plain old giant golf ball:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

It still looks like a golf ball even with the wand. Now there is just a billboard next to it. ;)

hokielutz

It still looks like a golf ball even with the wand. Now there is just a billboard next to it. ;)

How about we take down the bill board... then errect the world's largest golf club right next to it.... Make it the newest futureworld exhibt sponsored by nike or titleist. :D

FantasMickeyM

So many Wand discussions! :lol:

How about we let the wand stay, but remove the ball..

That way we'll all be unhappy about it, and finally we'll all agree! :sohappy:

DisneyMusician2

If you really think that it is just a giant golf ball without something else, you really have no idea how impressive or technically demanding that structure really is to build. Why cheapen it with a huge neon wand? Why don't we put a huge sign next to the Statue of Liberty while we're at it that blinks NEW YORK. Or how about a self-proclaiming billboard next to the White House? Some things should speak for themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom