Why is the first week of December so crowded?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL, Love it:) I must have seen a lot of them running amok in December, but come to think of it, some of them sounded like they were straight outta da the Godfather:)
I just figured out that I had a "senior moment" and of course it is the first week of November, never changed. We Used to go to WDW the first week or 2 of November, then we switched to the early December. I guess I got Nov and Dec mixed up. I do remember Nov being jersey week, but we actually never knew it was Jersey week until on these boards. Of course, there was a lot of "Get ovah heah Antony!" heard in the parks, LOL.
So my sincere apologies to all the Jersey people who, of course, know when they get out of school. :( It was always fun that time of year, but must confess we haven't been back in November for years.

Jersites are in disneyworld every week of the year...make no mistakes.

However...the “we always go...” phenomenon has taken full hold and wrecked that week.

You pay egregious flight prices out of the New York, philly and even baltimore airports ...they are are overrun. Ridiculous prices the minute the flight schedule is released.

To quote Bones: “it’s dead, Jim”

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
c7846a0301c36c43e2daade9b34f332a--paulie-gualtieri-italian-guys.jpg
Jersites are in disneyworld every week of the year...make no mistakes

Disneyfreak Jen

I recently booked in early December and there was nothing affordable left except Music. Even campground was booked solid. Everything else available is $350+ per night, which is really out of my price range.

I played around with the dates and am going Thursday Dec 6 to Tuesday Dec 11. I know it’s Pop Warner week at All Stars but since I’m arriving Thursday I really only have a couple of days with them. Pray for me! 😂 plus air was inexpensive (for Newark) to fly during the week so it worked out.

Disneyfreak Jen

LOL, Love it:) I must have seen a lot of them running amok in December, but come to think of it, some of them sounded like they were straight outta da the Godfather:)
I just figured out that I had a "senior moment" and of course it is the first week of November, never changed. We Used to go to WDW the first week or 2 of November, then we switched to the early December. I guess I got Nov and Dec mixed up. I do remember Nov being jersey week, but we actually never knew it was Jersey week until on these boards. Of course, there was a lot of "Get ovah heah Antony!" heard in the parks, LOL.
So my sincere apologies to all the Jersey people who, of course, know when they get out of school. :( It was always fun that time of year, but must confess we haven't been back in November for years.

I’m born and raised Jersey girl and I avoid Jersey week like the plague!! It’s bad enough I live with these people, I’m not vacation’ing with them too! 😂 Same reason I don’t cruise out of New York....I’d rather pay to fly to Florida. 🏖☀️

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

I guess because early December has a rich illustrious history of being not all that busy at WDW, everyone is taking advantage of it and now it's busy at WDW?

I think this is correct.

The more this time frame (or any other) is touted as a quiet time, the more likely people will visit then. Guests who don't worry about school schedules are actively looking for these "quiet" times. I know I am.

Chef Mickey

Disney is pretty much always crowded now. Those "offseason" times are in the past. You have basically 2 flavors now:

1) Pretty Crowded
2) Insanely Crowded

I remember going in September and having 10-15 minute waits for everything. No more. Christmas, major holidays, and most of the summer are just total avoid times now.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I remember going in September and having 10-15 minute waits for everything. No more.

Nope. Maybe January 2nd. Depending on when it falls. Window is between the New Year's fireworks and the running of the Princesses (It's just like Fermin - you can get gored).........time accordingly.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Check travel agents that specialize in Disney. They often have blocked out bookings they're holding onto for sale.

Also check with Disney Springs hotels, you get the 60 day FP window now with them.

ParentsOf4

I think it’s more so DVC folks taking advantage of what used to be a slow time-after Thanksgiving but before Christmas break, with the advantage that the Christmas decor being up.
It's an interesting theory but DVC resorts run at near 100% occupancy year-round.

Pre-Christmas December is extremely popular among DVC members because of the holiday decorations and low points required. I can, for example, book any resort in August but, in December, I nearly always have to book at my Home Resorts because, at the 7-month booking window, most rooms are already booked.

MOUSEGIRL

Original Poster
Check travel agents that specialize in Disney. They often have blocked out bookings they're holding onto for sale.

Also chec

Also check with Disney Springs hotels, you get the 60 day FP window now with them.
I don't need to move hotels I am already staying at the contemporary I just wanted to upgrade my room but it shows all rooms booked. I am a travel agent that focuses on Disney. My in laws decided they want to go along with us so I put them in the main building at the Contemporary we have a garden wing room for us so i thought we should move building just to close to them but nothing is open. I check it a few times a day maybe something will open before our trip.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't need to move hotels I am already staying at the contemporary I just wanted to upgrade my room but it shows all rooms booked. I am a travel agent that focuses on Disney. My in laws decided they want to go along with us so I put them in the main building at the Contemporary we have a garden wing room for us so i thought we should move building just to close to them but nothing is open. I check it a few times a day maybe something will open before our trip.

I gotta ask: if you’re a travel agent, why on earth contemporary?

That’s an honest question...I’d like to hear your reasons over the other 10 or so in that category?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom