Why is Stitch's Great Escape still there?

Fox&Hound

The only way they would redo this ride, IMHO, is part of a larger Tomorrowland revamp. When they bring in WallE, Guardians, Tomorrowland movie, and maybe Star Wars then I could see it getting the boot. I looooove Stitch but if the attraction went away I would not be sad. But conspiracy theory? Nope...

Bugz

The ride everyone hates, that I am so glad I did not go on, I am asking why do you all suppose it is still there? There had to be plenty of complaints, but I have one theory as to why:

Corporations do not like to be told what to do by anyone, whether a guest, customers, the government, anyone. Disney "eats a lot of crow" when they make guests happy, even though they are supposed to be in the "happy people" business. Keeping Stiches Great Escape is their way of saying "we are a big company and no one tells us what to do and it is our business and if we want to keep something people hate we will" This is even though because it takes power and CMs to run Stitch, a blank space would be less money.

Since a lot of companies are like this (GM and Sears are examples) do you all think Disney is like that too?
Yes I think you said it well , I never understood the stitch thing it's gross , my son never liked him and my wife got up and walked out of the attraction it wasn't entertaining to us but it's something to take up space and obviously not much upkeep to it , sorry Disney only thing I don't like at Disneyworld.

Goofyernmost

First, it's not nearly the travesty that the Internet-filter makes it seem. It's nothing to write home about, but it is a nice air conditioned lightly entertaining attraction. If you think it's bad now, you should have seen the previews...this is the Shakespeare version.

The hate over it is one of the most overblown topics in Disney-fandom. It's got a great queue/pre-show set-up, and while I am also no fan of the corn dog smell, it also has some cute fun effects. It's not meant to be Tower of Terror.
That doesn't matter... it's makes one cool to not like it, so it becomes the worst thing since the Great Depression. Just goes to prove that everyone approaches life from a different angle.

Goofyernmost

Yes I think you said it well , I never understood the stitch thing it's gross , my son never liked him and my wife got up and walked out of the attraction it wasn't entertaining to us but it's something to take up space and obviously not much upkeep to it , sorry Disney only thing I don't like at Disneyworld.
She must be one flexible woman to get up and walk out of that attraction. I wish you had some pictures of how that was done.

jloucks

....I am so glad I did not go on...

SheepArgentinaBubblesCrop2.jpg

blueboxdoctor

It's a pretty lame attraction. I did it once a few trips ago and just remember wanting it to be over. I saw some people say it takes up space like the TIKI room, but at least that has charm to it and is memorable. Stitch's thing is just boring. Like someone else said, even the less popular rides get crowded on busy days (TTA actually gets a line, I love it, it's kind of like one of the must do rides for me, but it never has a line most of the year) and yet Stitch never gets any sort of noticeable line.

DisneyChild1968

I don't care for SGE, but my niece loves it! But I wouldn't not ride a ride because other people dislike like it, if it is something that I'm interested in, I would like to make up my own mind. I don't think that Disney has a "we'll keep it no matter what our patrons say" attitude. I think they consistently look for ways to improve the Disney "experience". I love the the Tiki room because it's insanely cute. I love the Country Bears because it's cute and corny! Others may not share that opinion, but that's what it is...an opinion. I don't care to ride Mission Space at EPCOT, but that is consistently a popular ride. People LOVE Tower of Terror...it made me so seriously ill one year when I rode it, I couldn't ride anything for several days! I am getting off topic. I apologize.

gibson12

I think it was Jim Hill who mentioned recently that the gift shop connected to the attraction does $1 million a year in Stitch plush sales.

$1 million from one line at one store.

If there is any accuracy to that, I would think that's reason enough (in their minds) to let it ride indefinitely.

Monoblanco13

My understanding is that the Stitch AA is one of the most advance of it's time. I have experienced this attraction plenty of times and yes I still prefer AE over SGE but still tend to go on it every once and a while. I really don't think its as bad as people make it out to be.

Goofyernmost

It's a pretty lame attraction. I did it once a few trips ago and just remember wanting it to be over. I saw some people say it takes up space like the TIKI room, but at least that has charm to it and is memorable. Stitch's thing is just boring. Like someone else said, even the less popular rides get crowded on busy days (TTA actually gets a line, I love it, it's kind of like one of the must do rides for me, but it never has a line most of the year) and yet Stitch never gets any sort of noticeable line.
Never is a pretty broad term. Attractions like Stitch take in large groups all at once. Timing is all important to making that observation. If you get near it shortly after the doors open to let people into the preshow, then it looks deserted. If seen just before the doors open, it is quite often a pretty full queue.

I don't care for SGE, but my niece loves it! But I wouldn't not ride a ride because other people dislike like it, if it is something that I'm interested in, I would like to make up my own mind. I don't think that Disney has a "we'll keep it no matter what our patrons say" attitude. I think they consistently look for ways to improve the Disney "experience". I love the the Tiki room because it's insanely cute. I love the Country Bears because it's cute and corny! Others may not share that opinion, but that's what it is...an opinion. I don't care to ride Mission Space at EPCOT, but that is consistently a popular ride. People LOVE Tower of Terror...it made me so seriously ill one year when I rode it, I couldn't ride anything for several days! I am getting off topic. I apologize.
Off topic? Not really, but, your point was made. Everyone has a different outlook on all of the attractions. What works for some, doesn't work for others. I have only ridden Space Mountain once, I don't hate it, but, it isn't worth my while to ride. Maybe I should call for it to be bulldozed. I mean, after all, it sitting there personally does me no good what so ever.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom