Why is Pixie Hollow opening later?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Logistics.

Would you rather they close off two whole sections of the park to do the makeover of these areas? No. They will have to do it in phases in order to minimize guest discomfort

Figment1986

But why? I don't get it. It can't be to keep MTTF open longer because the Dumbo area sits on half of MTTF...

The area of land pixie hallow will most likely occupy is right now home to the tents where the princess, fairies as well as the judges tent home to mickey mouse. While the Fab 5 could be moved easily the princesses have to wait for their new areas to be built or else they will be displaced and out in the open, where there is less control over the queue than where they currently are. once phase 1 is finished, pixie hollow can be constructed over the remaining area if they wish to do it.

elchippo

I think its sort of early to tell if the Fairies franchise is successful enough to merit its own mini-land in all of this.....

_Scar

I think its sort of early to tell if the Fairies franchise is successful enough to merit its own mini-land in all of this.....

I have a feeling it is. Look how long Tink has stood the test of time! It's nuts.

Call me crazy.... but if it somehow doesn't succeed couldn't the area easily evolve into an Alice mini land. Giant flowers, larger than life objects... :shrug:

SirGoofy

I completely agree.

Having an entire mini-land dedicated to a direct to DVD series is ridiculous as is. If they wanted to make a mini-land that involved Tink, it should have been Neverland.

Exprcoofto

I completely agree.

Having an entire mini-land dedicated to a direct to DVD series is ridiculous as is. If they wanted to make a mini-land that involved Tink, it should have been Neverland.

Disney sees it more than a DVD series. They also look at Tinkerbells kid fan base, merchandising, and it's online world.

I feel it might be popular now, but may not be so popular come three years. Who knows though, it could go the other way.

_Scar

Disney sees it more than a DVD series. They also look at Tinkerbells kid fan base, merchandising, and it's online world.

I feel it might be popular now, but may not be so popular come three years. Who knows though, it could go the other way.

:brick:

Tinkerbell's series will be going for 5 more years. If it maintains its popularity, then this land will no doubt be coming as promised.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
As unkadug pointed out it is all logistics. Construction will start on currently unoccupied sections of FL, namely the old 20k plot. Once that is done they will have the additional capacity to be able to shut town Toontown and complete the expansion with minimal guest displeasure. To do it the other way around would be insane. FL is already bursting at the seams as it is. If they were to shut down Toontown with FL as is FL would look like it does on the 4th of July every day of the year.

trr1

The area of land pixie hallow will most likely occupy is right now home to the tents where the princess, fairies as well as the judges tent home to mickey mouse. While the Fab 5 could be moved easily the princesses have to wait for their new areas to be built or else they will be displaced and out in the open, where there is less control over the queue than where they currently are. once phase 1 is finished, pixie hollow can be constructed over the remaining area if they wish to do it.
fab5.jpg

DisneyParksFan1

I think it's opening later beacause they are still in the planning phase of this area.

I am personally hoping that some of this land goes to Alice or they make the Speedway two stories and give some of that land to Alice. In the end, I just want Alice to get at least her own themed area.

Bork Bork

If the Tink franchise tanks in a few years, it probably would not be difficult to re-theme the Pixie Hollow area to another Disney franchise. I can see Alice fitting in...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom