Why is Disney getting rid of the little things?

Heffalump333

Original Poster
Thank you for all your responses! I have always thought that what made Disney so special was because they paid so much attention to detail. Maybe that is just me but, tell me if you agree.

ABQ

The old penny arcade machines inside the MK Train Station really need restored.

And of course they can be restored reasonably. Happens all the time.
Like these which once existed in the Boardwalk?

Boardwalk-Inn-And-Villas-033a.jpg

All three are now gone. And yup, they used to work.

kennyy_d

To me, the small things, the attention to detail, is what makes Disney, Dinsey. I have been to plenty of amusement parks, some better than others, but all lacked the total attention to detail and "hidden suprises" of WDW. One example I remember, was at Hershey Park. I was wating in line for their (then new) Resses Peanut Butter Cup Challenge (or whatever it is called) - essentially a Buzz Lightyear ride. You could see the bare concrete footings of the building, and the queue walls were off the shelf sheet plastic (the kind you see in bathrooms) with plastic cutouts of kids riding skateboards stuck to them. I remember thinking "this is a pretty nice park, and at least they did some themeing, but this would never fly at WDW". Now I don't think WDW is quite to that state (yet) but they have cut back on the details they used to have.

I enjoy the details. I liek looking around, noticing something, and being suprised by it. Talking water fountains, talking garbage cans, an animated rat at lunch, hidden mickeys. All that sort of stuff that I am not actively looking for, but I enjoy it when I notice it. As opposed to something like a major attraction, where I may enjoy it, but I am rarely suprised (in a good way) by it.

A little late to the game but well said. These are the components that make Disney, Disney! These were the details that made a small 7 year old girl fall in love with the idea that immense attention to detail can keep thousands of people coming back year after year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom