Why I think The Great Movie Ride Will Close

Would You Be Happy To See The Great Movie Ride Go?

• yes

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • no

Votes: 125 85.0%

• Total voters

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
They have not been removing signage just yet. The MGM name is still on the water tower and the archway. Till I see a photo of the removal, I won't change my opinion.

DisJosh

MGM's have been removed.........there are pics of it at wdwblues.com.............the mgm on the arch in the animation courtyard was removed!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Hmmmmmm.... then when is Disney going to announce it. It would be nice if they called WALT DISNEY STUDIOS FLORIDA in time for the 100 Years of Magic of celebration.

DisJosh

Yeah the ppl that call Magic Kingdom WDW and the ones who call spaceship earth the big golf ball are the ones not likely to notice.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
That's not as bad as my grandfather. He once called the charcters of Winnie the Pooh bear, donkey, tiger, bird, bunny, pig, and boy. What to guess who they are? :D

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
That's not as bad as my grandfather. He once called the charcters of Winnie the Pooh bear, donkey, tiger, bird, bunny, pig, and boy. What to guess who they are? :D

LOL! maby those were the original names back in the day??

Tink

I would not be happy to see the GMR close. Do you know what I wish they would do? I wish they would take out the "modern" movies (i.e. Alien, Raiders) and make the ride all classic films of the silver screen. In addition to what they already have, maybe they could have a silent film section, a salute to B-movies (Ed Wood comes to mind), etc. But then that would only bring in the geriatric crowd and me.:rolleyes:

Of course, I don't realistically think that the above would really happen - it's just something I have thought about.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Now that they are getting rid of the MGM name, they will probly put in scenes from all Disney films like Armageddon, Pearl Harbor or films like Star Wars and Godzilla but that's what I heard.

Mattore

Originally posted by DisJosh
MGM's have been removed.........there are pics of it at wdwblues.com.............the mgm on the arch in the animation courtyard was removed!

This was only removed temporarily. It is now back in place. MGM and all.

<SRH>

I have noticed on the WDW travel videos and cd-rom that the archway you are talking about has the MGM taken off of it. Also the water tower is missing the letters. Maybe they take the MGM name off when they are going to shoot footage for the videos.

<SRH>

Just look at the archway and watertower on the video, you will see the letters missing. I think they put them back up after they shoot the videos.

Joe2Jen

I have an ideal for the Great movie ride... Why not move it to the back of the park and add it into the "Backlot tour".... I would hate to see the Wizard of oz set lost forever....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom