Why I may not go again

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that the reality is that this is just the difference between Europe and America. As far as the expensive tourist destination parks with immersive theming goes, Disney and Universal pretty much have an oligopoly. But Europe has Phantasialand, Europa, Eftling, Tivoli Gardens, Alton Towers, etc. In the entire continent, they have one Disney resort and no Universals.

As somebody who is really into all theme parks, I have a pretty good understanding of their dynamics. If you love coasters like me, you'll love a lot of the regional parks in the country, possibly even moreso than Disney/Universal. But if you aren't into coasters, they'll be cheap imitations to you.

Dollywood/SDC are fantastic parks, but I'd still put them at a noticeable tier lower than Disney/Universal. I'm not saying I enjoy them any less, but the investment in the parks just isn't the same level as the parks run by massive MNCs.
What happened to port adventura??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's on my bucket list of parks to visit. There is some amazing parks in the US. I've always wondered why the majority of people only know their local park or the Florida parks.
Because that’s why there are regional parks. They were built to be within several hours drive and not be “destinations”. Day visitors.

Only niche parks become travel spots.

Lilofan

I grew up in the Philadelphia area, and I'm amazed that how few people (at least back then, pre-internet) in my circle had even heard of Knoebels, much less visited. Then again, Philly people tend to view anywhere in PA west of Chester county or north of Montgomery or Bucks country with suspicion.
Never heard of it but when in PA , it’s Italian food in Philly, cheesesteaks also and incredible Amish all u can eat in Lancaster PA. Yoders in Sarasota FL has good food but nothing compares to Lancaster options. Amish Buffets in WDW would be awesome.

kalel8145

Never heard of it but when in PA , it’s Italian food in Philly, cheesesteaks also and incredible Amish all u can eat in Lancaster PA. Yoders in Sarasota FL has good food but nothing compares to Lancaster options. Amish Buffets in WDW would be awesome.
I had a layover in the Philly airport once, just for about a hour. There was construction going on in the area I was in and I could not find a cheesesteak for the life of me. I was so disappointed. I had been there for a meeting once before and had one that was out of this world. I settled for a bagel with Philadelphia cream cheese. 🤣

Sawdust

Yes it's expensive but so is everywhere else. . I went to WDW becasue I could go on line, get the hotel I wanted on the dates I wanted, pick my tickets, add things like Park hopper (yes you can still do all those things). But now I have to book my own flights and transportation somewhere else. I loved just walking down to the first floor at the airport and getting on a bus. In other words once I drove to my departing airport I was taken care of. Then there was checking in to your return flight at the resort. Loved it, I didn't have to think or worry about it I was taken care of. With all this it's still not the main reason I may not go again. I could handle these changes. It's GOTTEN TOO DIFFICULT. I don't want to pick my park months in advance and knowing if I want to change it later I could lose out all together. I don't want to get up early in the morning and try to get my "fastpasses" and pay for it too (I'm older and not that savey on a phone). I don't want to, at pretty much the same time as getting fastpasses because if you don't you won't get it, try to get on one of the rides that is not include in Genie+. Nope that's not how I want to relax and have a good time with no worries.
We are currently at WDW. First time back since 2006 so experiencing lots of changes and sorry to say none are for the better. Genie plus has made the trip stressful, the parks are crowded and lines are long, rides are breaking down everyday. With all that said the kids are having fun and the cast members have been great. Its my sons birthday and they made it special for him. It’s obvious the staff hates Chapek, when they do speak about him it’s not positive otherwise they state no comment. Locals have developed animosity towards Disney even though they know they depend on the company for most of the jobs. We’re staying off property and haven’t heard any support for Disney in light of the current events and dispute with the governor, BTW they really love Desantis and feel they are not being correctly represented in the media. As for the parks, compared to other amusement parks they are still heads above others but not up to the standards I remember. Definitely seeing the impact of budget cuts and poor management. Bathrooms are not as clean as I remember, theater seats in studios looked old a worn and attraction props broken or dirty. Yes this will be the last WDW trip.

Sawdust

We are currently at WDW. First time back since 2006 so experiencing lots of changes and sorry to say none are for the better. Genie plus has made the trip stressful, the parks are crowded and lines are long, rides are breaking down everyday. With all that said the kids are having fun and the cast members have been great. Its my sons birthday and they made it special for him. It’s obvious the staff hates Chapek, when they do speak about him it’s not positive otherwise they state no comment. Locals have developed animosity towards Disney even though they know they depend on the company for most of the jobs. We’re staying off property and haven’t heard any support for Disney in light of the current events and dispute with the governor, BTW they really love Desantis and feel they are not being correctly represented in the media. As for the parks, compared to other amusement parks they are still heads above others but not up to the standards I remember. Definitely seeing the impact of budget cuts and poor management. Bathrooms are not as clean as I remember, theater seats in studios looked old a worn and attraction props broken or dirty. Yes this will be the last WDW trip.
We rode Listen to the Land boat ride at the Land pavilion today in Epcot. Our boats was held together with zip ties. It’s hard to believe this possible.

Attachments

• AFE9BEBB-0750-4194-8A66-E87E1C7B84DC.jpeg
    AFE9BEBB-0750-4194-8A66-E87E1C7B84DC.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 99

Sawdust

No I’m not. Too expensive for rides breaking down daily. We waited on lune for toy story mania for 30 mins monday only to have it break down. This isn’t people being difficult, this is neglect and cost cutting taken too far. My daughter went to build a droid only to find half parts were out of stock. We booked it 30 days in advance and she spent weeks walking dogs too earn the money. If I didn’t show up for the reservation I would have been charged a penalty but when they’re out of stock no recourse.

kalel8145

No I’m not. Too expensive for rides breaking down daily. We waited on lune for toy story mania for 30 mins monday only to have it break down. This isn’t people being difficult, this is neglect and cost cutting taken too far. My daughter went to build a droid only to find half parts were out of stock. We booked it 30 days in advance and she spent weeks walking dogs too earn the money. If I didn’t show up for the reservation I would have been charged a penalty but when they’re out of stock no recourse.
Yeah that would absolutely suck. I feel bad for your daughter. With the advanced reservations they should be able to make sure there is plenty stock.

JoeCamel

I would be asking guest services about the light saber experience but with the cheesy way they did the cases I wouldn't expect much

Lilofan

Supply chain issues to get product, parts to fix items is worldwide in our lives. WDW is not immune to this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom