Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

ULPO46

At least there are ideas for re-themes being thrown out there! I've been wondering if and when Aerosmith was gonna get the boot...
Rock n' Rollercoaster is the parks most popular ride not to mention the entire resorts strongest rollercoaster. It will not be getting the boot any time soon. Possible re-theme in the future, maybe. But hey Disney has shut down incredibly popular rides in the past who knows maybe the TOT and RNR will be next on the Closed list. Then they wont have a 3rd park.

ULPO46

Depends, If its a 90 minute ad for toys it could indeed flop and that's what I'm worried about, Disney of late has been all about merchandising rather than storytelling.
That's what I have been feeling. It's unlikely that they will fail at the boxes but the quality of the film worries me. J.J. is a great director and more than likely will use the same lighting and effects he uses in his Sci-Fi adventures like star trek, but the fact that Disney's Live action films don't leave a strong impression scares me. Again Marvel is it's own studio division that existed long before Disney bought them out. This is the Walt Disney Studios making Star Wars not 20th Century Fox. I feel it will be great but these things have become merchandising and money making ideas only. I feel that they should have left the Saga where it ended and make a live action clone wars or something. It's like a Back to the Future film series, once the DeLorean's gone don't make a fourth installment. The Empire is gone, what happened in the 30 years in between that includes more sith and more evil, it's just going to be using the material from all those books, which by the way I read all of them. I'm a huge fan of Lucasfilm Star Wars and Indiana Jones. I just hope they don't make it too cheesy or make it only about ok, this would be a cool toy, kind of film. That's my thoughts on this Disney made Star Wars.

FigmentJedi

That's what I have been feeling. It's unlikely that they will fail at the boxes but the quality of the film worries me. J.J. is a great director and more than likely will use the same lighting and effects he uses in his Sci-Fi adventures like star trek, but the fact that Disney's Live action films don't leave a strong impression scares me. Again Marvel is it's own studio division that existed long before Disney bought them out. This is the Walt Disney Studios making Star Wars not 20th Century Fox.
20th Century Fox had nothing to do with the production of Star Wars beyond distribution and paying for it. George fought hard to do things without executive interference at Lucasfilm. Disney's handling Lucasfilm much like they have been with Marvel and so some of that autonomy remains. And remember, that they're doing a new trilogy now was George's idea even with his concepts for them being altered. George never liked the post-Jedi EU, so the retconning was inevitable and just a continuation of what they started during TCW of taking elements of EU that worked while making new changes.

Really, I think the worst Lucasfilm has suffered from Disney so far is the contract-driven Clone Wars cancellation and Rebels having a lower animation budget.

Cesar R M

Rock n' Rollercoaster is the parks most popular ride not to mention the entire resorts strongest rollercoaster. It will not be getting the boot any time soon. Possible re-theme in the future, maybe. But hey Disney has shut down incredibly popular rides in the past who knows maybe the TOT and RNR will be next on the Closed list. Then they wont have a 3rd park.
most popular ride?
pretty sure thats tower of terror.

Doug Means

Though my family will miss things we liked that eventually get taken out or changed, we wait with great anticipation and baited breath for the new stuff. Mixing the old with the new and making the decision of what's next is hard I'm sure. With 50,000,000+ visitors a year, there is no way to make everyone happy all the time. Especially when so many seem to be looking for things to be upset about. I'm sure I'm not happy about everything 100% of the time but I know we have WAY more great times at WDW (all 4 parks and extras) than not. Really I hope the construction goes as fast as possible, I'm ready to experience the new...I mean right now!

HauntedMansionFLA

Iger says the new Star Wars will be the focus at the parks. Will they build something like Skellig Michael Island since rumor has it will be a major focus in the movies.
image.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting. I never realized that part bothered so many people, especially to the point of nearly blacking out. It's just "okay, going backwards now" to me. Although, I'm that person that can ride any roller coaster, but I even look at a spinning teacup and :hungover:.
We hate the backwards bit too.

But give us Hulk, Montu, Kracken and Nemesis anytime.

And not the teacups either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom