Why doesn't WDW sell adult Mickey ears

Marley's Ghost

Original Poster
Now that I have your attention!

I know that WDW sells adult ears:) however do they sell XL ears I mean I have a 7 5/8 hat size.

And when I last went to the world the ears the kid in me bought didn’t fit the adult in me. Does anyone know if you can special order XL ears?

Please Help I am already self concious.

wannabeBelle

I have to say I havent ever come across this problem, but if anyone would know the answer to youre question I would contact mail order at 407-363-6200. If it can be found, they will do so!!! Belle

dazzer68

at least they sell some...when i was at disneyland paris, i couldnt find any ..male or female, adults or kids! i was most dissappointed as i try to get them everytime i go to a park somewhere in the world!

awalkinthepark

Yes I have been disappointed with the lack of larger mouse ears....but hats of all kinds are always a source of disappointment for me. Since I am female I can use bobby pins to anchor the ears on...but I still look a little 'off' with the ears only covering half of what they cover on everyone else.

Darthfinkles

I was there in Jan, and being a newlywed I couldn't wait to buy the bride and groom ears and wear them all week. Well, the top hat was not big enough and I couldn't wear it ( still bought it, sitting on my shelf ).

maryszhi

at least they sell some...when i was at disneyland paris, i couldnt find any ..male or female, adults or kids! i was most dissappointed as i try to get them everytime i go to a park somewhere in the world!
my cousin went and bought some. ive never benn so i dont know except the one she had bought had disneyland onthe top of mickey...and paris on the bottom. they are the typical sizes and designs. 2 be quite honest she said she bought them at a shop right before the castle

TheKeeler7

When I was there in Jan they said that they were having warehouse problems. We wanted to get infant size ears and they said they could get get any in because of the issues. It's possible they make larger ones that are also stuck in the warehouse.

Figment82

When I was there in Jan they said that they were having warehouse problems. We wanted to get infant size ears and they said they could get get any in because of the issues. It's possible they make larger ones that are also stuck in the warehouse.

The only sizes the ears come in are infant, youth, and adult - they don't come any larger than that.

But they are currently in the process of revamping the warehouse which will hopefully alleviate delays like the one you encountered. I hope it helps matters in the future.

Mecha Figment

just to clarify the ears aren't suppose to cover your whole head like a regular hat they just sit on the top of your head, which is why they have the elasitc strap to hold it on there.

Scooter

If I'm not mistaken, years ago Disney sold Differant sized hats for adults.
They were mde of a much better quality material than the kids hats and came in a variety of sizes.

Unfortunately, all hats now are made of the cheap feltlike material and the sizes are limited.

Senderella

just to clarify the ears aren't suppose to cover your whole head like a regular hat they just sit on the top of your head, which is why they have the elasitc strap to hold it on there.

The problem isn't just with the ears it's with all the character hats/ears. My husband's got a big head too and he can only deal w/ wearing the hats for so long before he takes them off because they're too tight. Now the other hats they sell.. like the straw Panama Jack-type hats, do-rags, and things like that fit him just fine. Those seem to fit larger heads. We've tried hats on my dh to "fit them" for family back home. LOL We figure, if it fits him, it'd fit dad, brother, etc etc. :lol:

awalkinthepark

They aren't supposed to fit like a Jewish yarmulke either. There are some really big heads out there(cause we are super smart..of course!)...my 5 year old hasn't been able to wear the youth sized baseball caps since he was about 2.

Disneyfanman

I always purchase a new set of ears for my big old head every trip, and wear them for the duration. A Santa Hat for the holidays. A pirates set of ears for this last trip. My daughters get the ears on a head band. They aren't the traditional "ears", but that's us looking "goofy" every trip. I have always figured the felt hat ears are for the kids, but there are always options for us big headed adults. And they cost more! Go figure.

What in the world is wrong with me anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom