Why does Rip Ride Rockit' get such a hard time?

tampabrad

This thread was not a comparason between RNRC and HRRR. The only thing similar is that they are rollercoasters that play music.

I will say it again. Only stating why HRRR gets a bad rap. For a new coaster, it does head bang. There are to many block zones. Most coasters have 0 or 1. I understand having 4 increases capacity. I think it is a beautiful coaster, but kind of ruins the theme of the area. I can't stand the lap bars. They are very uncomfortable, for me (I'm 6' 175 lbs). And, the music doesn't synch with the ride. Not everyone knows about the secrete tracks or how to access them.

captainkidd

I think I've officially lost my crown as being the most closed-minded poster here.

No, don't worry. Your reign is secure.

I'll actually recant my statement. It was incorrect. HRRR may not be everybody's cup of tea. Speed or inversions don't make a ride great. I'd take BTMRR over RNRC, so it's not fair for me to say HRRR is a better coaster than RNRC.

TalkingHead

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. Rumor has it Rip Ride Rockit had some kind of incident today and it may be closed for awhile. There's a few Tweets about it, but nothing more.

Anyone heard anything more?

JT3000

It was an injury of some sort. Sounds serious. They supposedly threatened the TMs with termination if they said anything, so there's a lack of details.

luv

It was an injury of some sort. Sounds serious. They supposedly threatened the TMs with termination if they said anything, so there's a lack of details.
It wasn't serious. She was back in the park that day.

The coaster is supposed to re-open tomorrow.

Uni remains all secretive about what was wrong with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom