Why does Rip Ride Rockit' get such a hard time?

captainkidd

Should I answer this question, or allow the turstile numbers for each ride be the judge? ;)

Quantity does not equal quality. You don't seem to grasp this concept.

Transformers 3 made over $1billion worldwide. True Grit made $250million. Does that make Transformers a better movie?

EvanAnderson

People only go to the Disney parks because it's the Disney name. The company is lucky enough to have such a strong brand image behind their name that people will show up to it no matter what it is. I feel like they use that to their advantage a little too much, thinking "well we don't have to make it THAT good, we'll make more money from it if we don't include every special effect that we originally planned for."

thelookingglass

^ Yeah, or "we don't have to fix this obvious broken special effect, people will give us the same amount of money either way."

I enjoy Rip Ride Rockit, but I can totally understand why so many people think its garbage. It is very rough (considering how new it is), its unreliable, it has the most awkward, unflowing layout of any roller coaster ever, the official song list is weak (luckily the hidden tracks are much better), they made no attempt to sync the songs to the ride, etc.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is a more enjoyable coaster and a better themed experience, but honestly guys, if it were built in Cedar Point or Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ, for example, it would be an average roller coaster, at best.

captainkidd

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is a more enjoyable coaster and a better themed experience.

Better themed - Yes.
Better coaster - No. The only thing RNRC has going for it is the launch and the first upside down maneuvers. After that, it's a slow coaster that is over in no time.

HRRR may be unreliable, but when it's up and running, it's 10x the coaster that RNRC is.

Crockett

Banned
Better themed - Yes.
Better coaster - No. The only thing RNRC has going for it is the launch and the first upside down maneuvers. After that, it's a slow coaster that is over in no time.
That was an opinion you responded to. So what's the "No" doing? lol
And I agree with Lookingglass...RNRC is a much more enjoyable coaster, at least I've always thought so.

EvanAnderson

RnRC is an off the shelf ride built by Vekoma. It can by bought by any park. Disney bought the ride, put it inside and put a theme to it. The ride is entirely too short (launch to brakes is 1 minute) and the theming inside is pretty cheaply done.

captainkidd

Forgive me as I've forgiven myself for replying to another one of your posts... but...

HAHAHA! :ROFLOL:

I know you have your head up Mickey's rear, but can you honestly tell me that RNRC is a better coaster than HRRR?

RNRC aside from the launch, goes about 35 mph for the remainder of the ride. HRRR does about 65 mph for close to the entire ride.

NowInc

You cant compare RNRC to HRRR..as they are two ENTIRELY different ride experiences. RNRC is a themed coaster attraction, and HRRR is a straight up thrill coaster. Comparing rollercoasters is tricky, because there are so many different types (and target demographics). They are both fun, in their own ways. RNRC is not designed to go fast constantly, as its a pretty compressed indoor coaster that has a lot of twists, turns, and inversions, where as HRRR is more of a speed demon with a lift hill and drops.

Bairstow

I know you have your head up Mickey's rear, but can you honestly tell me that RNRC is a better coaster than HRRR?

RNRC aside from the launch, goes about 35 mph for the remainder of the ride. HRRR does about 65 mph for close to the entire ride.

65mph for "close to the entire ride?" Did you not notice the four sets of extremely aggressive trim brakes that slow Rockit to a crawl after every single element?

I know this is apples to oranges, but given the better themeing, the launch, and the much higher reliability I think the Aerosmith ride is hands down the better attraction.

On the other hand, maybe this isn't apples to oranges. The two coasters have nearly the same central concept, really. The only real difference is that Rockit may or may not give you the opportunity to choose your own song (depending on how fast you've been seated).

Rowdy

Oh do I? You know me so well. Your admiration is flattering.

HRRR, yes, RNRC kills it. Murderers it.

The Hulk? Different story. But, HRRR? No.

nerdboyrockstar

I'd much rather ride HRRR than RNRC, same way I'd rather ride Mummy over Everest.

Do both of Disney's rides look better and might be themed better? Sure, but that doesn't do anything for the fact that you're riding more of a rollercrawler than a coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom