Why does Rip Ride Rockit' get such a hard time?

JT3000

I've never been a fan of RNRC. After the first couple elements it's slow and rough. The cars are also too small, as my outside arm is always pinned against the side of the car. Not fun. The queue is certainly better themed than any part of Rockit's experience, but the ride itself wins in that department only by default.

Do I wish Rockit were actually themed and didn't ruin sightlines? Yep. Do I wish it didn't have break runs out the wazoo? Yep. But it's still a better coaster than RNRC. The fact that you can choose your own music is a bonus.

Crockett

Banned
I know you have your head up Mickey's rear,
Heaven forbid you come across people who like & defend Disney on a Walt Disney World fan site. It's like some unknown force brought us here for an unexplained reason. :shrug:

RNRC aside from the launch, goes about 35 mph for the remainder of the ride. HRRR does about 65 mph for close to the entire ride
RNRC is more of a pain-free experience than HRRR. A much better coaster, better story, and most guests do not exit feeling like they participated in a boxing match.

Enough said.

Xethos

the whole secret song thing is a pretty cool though, i dont know of any other ride at any park that lets you choose something like that

captainkidd

Heaven forbid you come across people who like & defend Disney on a Walt Disney World fan site. It's like some unknown force brought us here for an unexplained reason. :shrug:

RNRC is more of a pain-free experience than HRRR. A much better coaster, better story, and most guests do not exit feeling like they participated in a boxing match.

Enough said.

There's a difference between loving Disney (which I do) and being blind to it's faults (which you are).

I don't know what you were riding, but I found HRRR to be incredibly smooth. If you think RNRC is a "better coaster", you clearly aren't much of a coaster fan.

NowInc

Having ridden both many.......many times..I can say "rough rides" just..happen. Some cars run different than others...and where you sit on the ride makes a difference as well.

For example. My first time riding HRRR was so smooth I even made a comment about how it felt...my second time? I felt bruised.

RNRC, My first ride was pretty rough...but I've had some where it felt very flowing...

thelookingglass

Where you sit on HRRR makes a HUGE difference. If you're in the front row, its very smooth, but I've found that the further back you sit, the more jarring it is. The last row slams you around pretty bad. I don't mind rough coasters, but I can definitely see how people can find it uncomfortable.

Also, NowInc is right, the smoothness of a ride on a coaster does vary, depending on where you sit, but moreso to do with the train you're riding and how recently it was serviced. Sometimes RNRC is super smooth, other times there is some slight headbanging. That said, RNRC has never given me anywhere near as rough of a ride as HRRR.

Rowdy

you clearly aren't much of a coaster fan.

As someone said, they're two different coasters. HRRR has hills, that's the ONLY thing it has over RNRC. You know what other rollercoasters have hills? ALL OF THEM. If that and height is what's "blinding" you to the truth, you're no better than what you're accusing Crockett of.

I would defend my love of coasters. But I doubt your thick headed "holier than thou" self would understand. You always have to be the bigger and better, and it's sad really.

captainkidd

As someone said, they're two different coasters. HRRR has hills, that's the ONLY thing it has over RNRC. You know what other rollercoasters have hills? ALL OF THEM. If that and height is what's "blinding" you to the truth, you're no better than what you're accusing Crockett of.

I would defend my love of coasters. But I doubt your thick headed "holier than thou" self would understand. You always have to be the bigger and better, and it's sad really.

Um, why are you calling me names?

Yeah, forget about the outside loop, the only in the world. Forget about the direct incline up the first hill. Forget about the fact that for the duration of the ride, it goes more than twice as fast as RNRC.

I agree, they are 2 different coasters. RNRC is fun for about 15 seconds. HRRR is fun the wole way through.

captainkidd

Yes, let's completely ignore all of Rockit's unique elements. That'll make RNRC look better.

So... RNRC isn't a roller coaster then?

You have to wonder why some of these peope bother coming on the Universal board at all. You can't talk to them. This board should have a label attached to it: NOT FOR FANS OF ONLY DISNEY.

EvanAnderson

^ I used to work at Universal after about a year at Disney, and once I told my Disney friends that I got a job there, they seemed happy for me, but slowly stopped talking to me. It must be the cool thing to do. I'd ask them if they wanted to go with me to the park, saying I could get them in, but it'd always be an excuse. Disney has THAT much of a hold on people, that people lose friends because of where they work.

Of course talking to them about my experience there was bad too, even though I loved it there.

captainkidd

^ I used to work at Universal after about a year at Disney, and once I told my Disney friends that I got a job there, they seemed happy for me, but slowly stopped talking to me. It must be the cool thing to do. I'd ask them if they wanted to go with me to the park, saying I could get them in, but it'd always be an excuse. Disney has THAT much of a hold on people, that people lose friends because of where they work.

Of course talking to them about my experience there was bad too, even though I loved it there.

What I find is, people who love Universal, have no problem loving both. But people that are Disney-obsessed, can't like both. Both are awesome and both have their flaws.

Captain Chaos

What I find is, people who love Universal, have no problem loving both. But people that are Disney-obsessed, can't like both. Both are awesome and both have their flaws.

I will continue to call those people The Pixie Dust Brigade.. The people who believe everything Disney touches turns to gold... The people who think Disney is perfect in every way and every other theme park is nothing but a Six Flags...

With that said, back on topic: I never rode HRRR but my friend has... When I asked him which was better, HRRR or RNRC, he said RNRC... He isn't a member of the Pixie Dust Brigade mind you... he is an avid roller coaster fan though... He just didn't care for HRRR...

To each their own... If people don't like HRRR they are free to not like it... If people think RNRC is better than HRRR, they are free to feel that way too.. Everyone has their opinions, and no one is right or wrong... It is all a matter of taste, and we all have different tastes...

Rowdy

I agree, they are 2 different coasters. RNRC is fun for about 15 seconds. HRRR is fun the wole way through.

Your opinion. Just like mine is my own, correct?

You have to wonder why some of these peope bother coming on the Universal board at all. You can't talk to them. This board should have a label attached to it: NOT FOR FANS OF ONLY DISNEY.

So, by me saying RnRC is better than HRRR, I'm a hardcore Disney fan. That's what you're saying. So, when I say The Hulk is better than RnRC, I'm a hardcore Universal fan, and this board is exactly where I belong. Grand theory. :)

To each their own... If people don't like HRRR they are free to not like it... If people think RNRC is better than HRRR, they are free to feel that way too.. Everyone has their opinions, and no one is right or wrong... It is all a matter of taste, and we all have different tastes...

Exactly. You would assume that's correct. But in Captainkidd's mind, it's his way or the highway. So if you disagree, you're wrong.

captainkidd

Your opinion. Just like mine is my own, correct?

So, by me saying RnRC is better than HRRR, I'm a hardcore Disney fan. That's what you're saying. So, when I say The Hulk is better than RnRC, I'm a hardcore Universal fan, and this board is exactly where I belong. Grand theory. :)

Exactly. You would assume that's correct. But in Captainkidd's mind, it's his way or the highway. So if you disagree, you're wrong.

NEWSFLASH: Not everything is about Rowdy.

Bairstow

Yeah, forget about the outside loop, the only in the world. Forget about the direct incline up the first hill.

I'll give you that the loop/heartline element is neat; it's really the whole point of this coaster.

The vertical lift on the other hand, isn't neat, it's uncomfortable. Maurer Söhne's restraint designs are awful, and looking at their track record, not even particularly safe. At least on a Gerstlauer vertical lift you can enjoy the experience.

Forget about the fact that for the duration of the ride, it goes more than twice as fast as RNRC.

Except it doesn't. Have you not been listening to me about the four sets of trim brakes? Can you not seen them on the track? Have you even been on this coaster?

captainkidd

Except it doesn't. Have you not been listening to me about the four sets of trim brakes? Can you not seen them on the track? Have you even been on this coaster?

Yeah. Only 3 times, but I've been on it. I know what you're referring to, and you are correct. What I'm saying is, besides those breaking points (which most coasters have), the rest of the ride goes over 60mph. The only part of RNRC that hits 60mph is the launch. From there, I believe I read it goes around 30mph.

I'm sure there are some that don't, but honestly, I've never been on a coaster that doesn't have breaking points in it, or at least slow downs.

As for the comfort level, I don't find the ride uncomfortable in any way. Rip Saw Falls - That is an uncomfortable ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom