Why do you stay off site?

veryexcited

Does anyone have any input on the Vacation Villas @ Parkway? Is this a good location to WDW and US and shopping? I don't mind spending money on cabs as we don't want to rent a car (we'd get lost 95% of the time - not worth the dtress!). Any input would be appreciated! We have a free weeks stay at this resort/hotel.

Nicole

veryexcited said:
Does anyone have any input on the Vacation Villas @ Parkway? Is this a good location to WDW and US and shopping? I don't mind spending money on cabs as we don't want to rent a car (we'd get lost 95% of the time - not worth the dtress!). Any input would be appreciated! We have a free weeks stay at this resort/hotel.

We stayed there in August 2004 - checked out a day early to escape Hurrican Frances in fact. It was very nice. Clean, roomy and convenient to WDW.

Dubman

Usually stay off-site at the Country Inn & Suites in Calypso Cay.. Fairly new resort and never have had a bad experience in the 5 times we have stayed there.. As second choice, we have stayed at the Amerisuites next door to them..

Nemo14

We just got back a couple of weeks ago after traveling with a party of 10, one of whom is recovering from some pretty harsh chemotherapy treatments. We rented a 7 bedroom home with a pool, hot tub, pool table, foosball, air hockey, PS2,washer-dryer, fully furnished kitchen, 52-inch HDTV, computer, etc. and split the cost with the other family we were with. Each of us (except DH and me) had our own bedroom with TV. Including the cost of renting a car and groceries, we spent well under $1200, and had all the peace and quiet we wanted, while still being only a 15 - 20 minute drive to WDW.

Nemo14

TAC said:
If you stay off site, it would be helpful for others that also stay off site, to provide some form of a real address, company name or web site, so that others can compare each of the hotels/villas/vacation homes, etc.

Thanks!

:wave:
Sorry - this was in Poinciana in the Crescent Lakes development.

wdwCC

TAC said:
If you stay off site, it would be helpful for others that also stay off site, to provide some form of a real address, company name or web site, so that others can compare each of the hotels/villas/vacation homes, etc.

Thanks!

:wave:

The Kissimmee resort we stay at is Cypress Cove. It's not for everyone.

pintraderpayee

wdwCC said:
No, not special, it's just a place not everybody goes. Click the link you will see why.

:eek:LOL
We take students to WDW every Easter break. We stay off-site at Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista on Palm Parkway because that is where our tour company books us. The tour company arranges our Disney Youth Education Series classes, park tickets, and makes sure that my rooms are one right next to another. Can't have students scattered all over a hotel! The rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves. This is extremely helpful for a high school student on a tight budget. It is a clean, simple place to stay that is minutes from WDW. It is also fun to ride our "yellow limo" (school bus) onto WDW property and wave at everyone on the way. We are usually the only school bus and definitely the only one with the word Parish on the side. It's a Louisiana thang!!:lol:

4 weeks 1 day until the "yellow limo" is ºoºrlando bound (school bus 27 teens:sohappy: )

MKCustodial

You should lighten up your attitude, bub. You're totally entitled to your opinion, but it'd be wise for you to respect all the other opinions you see posted here.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Tigerdaly said:
Wow you lot are sick,:brick:
I know 80% of you dont own passports, so you dont realise there is a big world out there.
But come on The Disney complex aint the only thing in Florida you know !!!!!!
Are your lives totally submerged in fantasy ??
How the hell do you cope with life thinking that everything was designed by WALT.
I love Disney, and I also Love the Orlando and central Florida area.
Get out and see it, it might make you "have a nice Day." :lol:

I think you might be on the wrong website, this is a Disney fan site, and most people here are just that, DIsney fans, so expect opinions ot be slanted that way. If you think that is sick, you might want to go to another website.

LoriMistress

I would think that it would be more expensive to say OFF SITE than on. You have to rent a vehicle ($20-30 a day), plus gas ($20-30 a week), parking ($8 a day), and hotel ($40-125 a night).

Rent A Car $140 (a week)
Gas $25 (a week)
Parking $56
Hotel $420 ($60 a day)

Total $641

And let's say there is no special for saying at a value resort and it costs $99 a day...the total would be $693. So you're only saving total $52. I don't think it's worth it. But that's just me.

wdwCC

It seems to be less expensive if you use an RV. We tow our car, so no rental car. Campgrounds are cheaper than hotels, and you can choose which meals to eat in the RV to save money.

MKCustodial

LoriMistress said:
I would think that it would be more expensive to say OFF SITE than on. You have to rent a vehicle ($20-30 a day), plus gas ($20-30 a week), parking ($8 a day), and hotel ($40-125 a night).

Rent A Car $140 (a week)
Gas $25 (a week)
Parking $56
Hotel $420 ($60 a day)

Total $641

And let's say there is no special for saying at a value resort and it costs $99 a day...the total would be $693. So you're only saving total $52. I don't think it's worth it. But that's just me.

You forgot to factor in food. Most off-site hotels (I know the ones around International Drive do) offer at least one meal (usually breakfast) with the room fee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom