Why do people stay seven - ten days at Disney?

Just wondering what everyone does if their vacation is more than 4 or 5 days.

It would be really nice to be able to stay about 7 or 10 days, I just would think it might be too much of a good thing.

I was there this past August, we had a two pay park hopper.

Aug 13th - Arrived late afternoon, took showers and went to Downtown Disney to eat at T-Rex

Aug 14th - Used Extra Magic hours at DHS. Did everything we wanted to there. Then went over to DAK. Did everything we wanted to there, and the went to MK for Extra Magic Hours at night.

Aug 15th - We started at Epcot, and after finishing there we went back to MK again.

That was amaing to do 3 parks in one entire day. Now I'm going back and we have a 4 day park hoppers, so maybe we can take it a little slower and meet more characters.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

- Thanks

It allows you to take time in the parks longer enjoy the little things. You know your not rushed to get ever ride in that day. Usually we go for 10 and that allows us about two trips each to each of the 4 theme parks as well as 2 days to do whatever usually water parks then go to another theme park. I just think it gives you more options. I know my family golfs so we usually golf in the morning some days and then park or pool then park in the afternoon. But we dont worry if were going to miss stuff cause' we got essential another day in the park.

Upvote 0
Not only does it give you more time to not feel rushed like the above poster said, it gives you a a chance to do what you like multiple times. The minimum trip I usually take is 10 days and I am always wishing I had more.

Upvote 0

reptar77

we spend approx 60 days a year at WDW.
we take 4 12 night trips and a bunch of weekend, long weekend, day trips.

The 12 night trips are by far the most relaxing. We tend to wake up late go to a park for a couple of hours then back to the resort. Play golf, ride bikes, spa, lay by pool. We then maybe go back in the evening. If we don't go back to the parks we will have a nice dinner at Cal grill or Jiko and resort hop. I would really recommend giving a try.

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Many people don't want to feel rushed on vacation so they will stay a week or more. I have done it both ways. I have had many 4 days trips and a few 10 day trips. I have to say that my favorite way to do things is over the course of 10+ days. It is just a lot more relaxed that way. It also affords time to go spend an evening at DtD, go to a waterpark, or play a round of golf. Another one of my hobbies in WDW is exploring all the sit down restaurants. I try to have at least one good meal planned a day. When I am only there 3-4 days I can't eat at nearly as many places as I would like to.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

We just got back from a nine night trip and I needed just one more day. I have been for five before and it has worked, but we like to go to the parks several times so the longer trips work better for us. Plus we don't go every year, but more like every other, so I try to cram in as much time as I can. :lol:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

In January, I was there for 2 weeks. The 1st week was great but the 2nd day of the 2nd week, I was ready to go. The crowds were low and I had did everything multiple times already. 7 days are my max.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I was just down in WDW two weeks ago for a long weekend (4 night/5 days). The main reason for my trip was a friend's wedding, but I spent one full day at Epcot, and one day at Universal followed by Wishes and a few hours of EMH at Epcot. In addition to wedding stuff all day one day, also did dinner at Ohana arrival day, and resort-hopped (and met Martin) on departure day.

This was by far the shortest trip I've taken except for a 2-night trip in college. All of my other trips have been 7 or 8 nights. Even though I wasn't trying to fit everything in, it still felt extremely rushed. It's nice to be able to sleep in a little bit, do whatever you want in the parks at a more relaxed pace.

-Rob

Upvote 0

ryanduggers

We usually go for 8 or 9 days. We do not over-plan our schedule once we are there. We have things we want to do, but do not go to them the minute we enter the park. We are on vacation. The rest of our time in the real world is one big timed schedule. We go to Disney to escape all that, even for a little while. I like to say "I don't have to work, cook, or drive, and there are palm trees"

my 2 cents.

tom

Upvote 0

elatino

I go to relax and have a good time. There is a lot of other things to do other than the parks like checkout the other hotels, or the water parks. this will be my longest trip to disney (7 days) in Dec. Got my tickets to La Nouba and my ressies to cali grill during wishes which I learned from the disney fans on the this site and dinner to the famous Le Cellier and planning to get a spa treatment at GF. Believe me you can keep yourself pretty entertained outside of the parks.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

You're surprised how much you miss when you only go 3-4 days. Heck, 7 days is even too little in my mind. But honestly, I'm spoiled.

You hop parks, you hit up your favorites and new things. You enjoy yourself at a nice pace.

Upvote 0

kerrie

Just wondering what everyone does if their vacation is more than 4 or 5 days.

It would be really nice to be able to stay about 7 or 10 days, I just would think it might be too much of a good thing.

I was there this past August, we had a two pay park hopper.

Aug 13th - Arrived late afternoon, took showers and went to Downtown Disney to eat at T-Rex

Aug 14th - Used Extra Magic hours at DHS. Did everything we wanted to there. Then went over to DAK. Did everything we wanted to there, and the went to MK for Extra Magic Hours at night.

Aug 15th - We started at Epcot, and after finishing there we went back to MK again.

That was amaing to do 3 parks in one entire day. Now I'm going back and we have a 4 day park hoppers, so maybe we can take it a little slower and meet more characters.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

- Thanks
i do one park one day. and if i finish early i go back to resort to chill I go for 2 weeks and different days moght be something specail Ie mnsshp. or dhs had a dance party during their mh. etc.. find out what you want to do and check guides

Upvote 0

Phonedave

For me it's a little like running.

I hit "the wall" around the morning of day 5

Thats when I get the feelings of "maybe this is too long of a vacation"

By the morning of day 6 I have broken through the wall and am in "vacation cruse mode". Just moving along, doing whatever comes to mind, and not worrying much at all about a schedule (Except for the damn ADRs)

Whenever the trip then ends (7,8,9,10 days) I wish it could have been longer.

-dave

Upvote 0

a2grafix

I average about 6-7 days, but my previous two trips (Oct 2007, Aug 2008), I spent two days outside of Disney at Universal Studios and SeaWorld. I will be doing the same again this December - 6 days and seven parks -- WDW, Universal and SeaWorld.

Why a week? It allows you to take things at your own pace and a week fits just about right - either doing 1 or 2 or 3 (or sometimes 4 parks) in a day at WDW and finishing it off with a great evening at the Adventurers Club (rip) and/or Mannequin's Dance Palace (rip) and Comedy Warehouse (rip). I did 4 parks AND Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island on my last full day/night at WDW during my Aug 2008 trip.

When I was younger and visited WDW with my mom and dad and sisters, we used to get away for a weekend, mainly enjoying ourselves on dad's weekend business trip. Sure, there were less things to do in the 1980s and early 1990s at WDW, but we still had a blast and did a lot.

I guess what it all boils down to is what you like to do -- you can do WDw in a weekend, 3-4 days, 5 days, a week, 1-2 weeks. It all depends on your finances and how much stamina you have or what you want to see and do and get away from it all.

Upvote 0

Spinky

being from the Uk its a decent flight so we usually go for 3 weeks every year it allows you take in so much more of Orlando travle around take time out for shopping and water parks and I fine it generally very relaxing I would hate to have to leave the magic after only a couple of days

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Coming all the way from the UK doing anything less than 7 days is impractical, 10-14 days is the nrom and 21 days is just spoiling yourself :D

A two week trip allows you to do everything you want (more than once) at a relaxed pace and a three week trip is just devine

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Our trips are always 8 days, beginning with the day we arrive. We're in the parks first thing in the morning and leave at dark. We spend most of our time in Epcot. Several full days and the parks that take only a few hours to do, we leave and go back to Epcot. We take our time, explore and enjoy. No crisscrossing the park we're in to go on this ride, then back to that one, etc., but take them as we come to them. If the line is long, we'll get to it another time or day. We do take one day mid week and go to Downtown Disney to check out the stores and then we either return to a park or look around outside the parks and have an early night. I think a lot of folks only get to come once a year or have to come from so far and so they want more time since its harder to make that trip. :)

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

WE (DW, DS and I) always stay 6 nights and 7 days. We choose the 6-7 package as it best fits our schedule. School, DW’s ministry, my work and to be truthful, finances all contribute to us only getting to WDW about every 12-18 months. We fly in from Boston which gives us 5 full days and nights and 2 partial days. As a family we have gone to WDW 4 times and we still have not experienced everything on property. When we go we of course re-visit favorite attractions and schedule new things as well. On our most recent visit we finally got to Typhoon Lagoon. We would stay longer or go more frequently if finances and schedule permitted.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom