Why do people stay seven - ten days at Disney?

Just wondering what everyone does if their vacation is more than 4 or 5 days.

It would be really nice to be able to stay about 7 or 10 days, I just would think it might be too much of a good thing.

I was there this past August, we had a two pay park hopper.

Aug 13th - Arrived late afternoon, took showers and went to Downtown Disney to eat at T-Rex

Aug 14th - Used Extra Magic hours at DHS. Did everything we wanted to there. Then went over to DAK. Did everything we wanted to there, and the went to MK for Extra Magic Hours at night.

Aug 15th - We started at Epcot, and after finishing there we went back to MK again.

That was amaing to do 3 parks in one entire day. Now I'm going back and we have a 4 day park hoppers, so maybe we can take it a little slower and meet more characters.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

- Thanks

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I love staying for as long as possible! Iv stayed for 2 weeks and 3 weeks and loved it! Coming from ireland, i haveto stay for that length of time to justify about $3000 for flights alone!!!! My next trip to the world will be for 4 weeks and wer gonna enjoy every minute, and we take our time and explore everywhere and dine at as many places possible :sohappy: Although i am thinkin bwt goin for a week for food and wine next year :slurp:

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

I suppose its different for me... Living in Florida... growing up in Orlando... working in the kingdom as my first job when I was 16... disney is more of a weekend trip than a "Vacation" to me. I've never understood how people could take more than a week...

But now that I'm older, wiser (debatable) ... I've come to realize that to people out of state... or even out of country... Disney isnt just a whim on a weekend, you can't just pop over and ride Splash a few dozen times.

If I lived overseas... I'd want at least 10 days to soak it all in... because in all honesty, I doubt the trip could be made twice a year.

Upvote 0

GrannyJill2

I've wondered that myself. The longest I've stayed at WDW is 6 days, and while I had a blast, I was ready to come home after Day 5.

I haven't been able to take more than one week's vacation in the past 20 years, so I guess my "fun" limit is set at 7 days :animwink:

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

It all depends on what resort you are staying at, if you are traveling from the UK or the US and if you are on the dining plan or not.

Exactly. We went for our 12-day stay in 2007 with Free Dining. The reasoning was: airfare is the same, cost of eating is the same, park tickets are basically the same (not much diff between 7 days and 10 days). In the end, the only difference was the cost of the hotel.

Upvote 0

IMA*WDW*ADDICT

I have been to WDW only 2 times now and both times did 10 days. The first time it didn't even seem like enough because I wanted to see EVERYTHING! Second time, my husband and I went for our 2 year anniversary... it was perfect! We were able to relax and not feel rushed. Although by the last day we were ready to get back home.
We'll be going for 8 days on our next trip which I think will be the perfect amount of time! Hopefully we don't regret not doing 10 days again!
I think any less than 8 days would be too hard and you'd feel so rushed! :shrug:

Upvote 0

rrmossy

The longer we stay the more fun we have always had. Our longest time at WDW was nearly 2 weeks and it was so relaxing to be able to just go at our own pace.

Upvote 0

Victor

I suppose its different for me... Living in Florida... growing up in Orlando... working in the kingdom as my first job when I was 16... disney is more of a weekend trip than a "Vacation" to me. I've never understood how people could take more than a week...

But now that I'm older, wiser (debatable) ... I've come to realize that to people out of state... or even out of country... Disney isnt just a whim on a weekend, you can't just pop over and ride Splash a few dozen times.

If I lived overseas... I'd want at least 10 days to soak it all in... because in all honesty, I doubt the trip could be made twice a year.

Yeah it's definitely different when you're just 2 hrs away. I've never stayed in WDW for any longer than 5 days, but being that I've been going an average of three times a year, sometimes more, I still don't feel like I have to rush things. For example, my gf and I went last week, spent 4 days, and only did Epcot in the afternoon and evening on three of those days. The rest was spent lounging by the pool, resort activities, and dining. It was relaxing and slow paced, but I don't feel like I missed out on anything knowing I'm going back in Nov. and most likely Dec.

That said, I can't imagine anyone from out of state, who might only go once a year, staying any less than 7 days in the World.

Upvote 0

brucie

last trip we went 11 days!! Longest we had ever gone. And It still wasn't long enough. when you can only go once every couple years or less. You do everything, prob alot of the things you haven't done in a long time. We went to the boardwalk for the first time and tried 3 new restaurtants. We usually go during free dining and we have lots more to try:) My next trip will hopefully be 2 weeks!!

Upvote 0

spaceghost

we spend approx 60 days a year at WDW.
we take 4 12 night trips and a bunch of weekend, long weekend, day trips.

The 12 night trips are by far the most relaxing. We tend to wake up late go to a park for a couple of hours then back to the resort. Play golf, ride bikes, spa, lay by pool. We then maybe go back in the evening. If we don't go back to the parks we will have a nice dinner at Cal grill or Jiko and resort hop. I would really recommend giving a try.

Will you adopt me? I mean I'm 34, married and have kids... but hey, I'd be willing to make some changes. :D

Upvote 0

Demeter Tess

I just find it mind-boggling that people can afford to vacation for that long, LOL. But heck, if I could set up camp someplace for two weeks, where better than WDW?

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

Me and the wife have done 4 day trips and barely covered all 4 parks. But that was after years of experience and learning when to go where, do what ride, etc.

But even before we had children, we would go for 7-10 days, too. Last year was 10 days at WL and this Dec will be 10 days at CB. Plenty to do! There is golf, bike rides, boat rentals, fishin trips, Downtown Disney, water parks, shows, days where you just lay at the pool, and then there are days you just sleep in...you are on vacation after all! Plus after doing the death marches through the park day after day, taking a day off after 3 or 4 days is a good way to recharge.

With kids, the days of being able to squeeze in MK in one day are OVER. We plan out 3 days now since kids will want to ride the same ride over and over, then there are naps where you are just sittin with the stroller, etc.

If you stay out late for a Halloween or Xmas party at MK, you might not get back to your room until midnight. So no rush the next morning if you plan it out.

And probably the most important thing, drinking time!! :ROFLOL: Sometimes Epcot is just one looooong walk with a lot of different drinks followed by a mini-hangover the next day. That's hangin out by the pool day for sure!

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I just upgraded from a 5 night to a 7 night on the buy 4/get 3 deal. I've never been able to go for that long before, and I am really looking forward to being able to take my time and see everything! My original plan I had the Christmas party on one night, Candlelight Processional one night, another night for the Osborne lights, seemed like I was runing out of time and I hadn't even got there yet. I think the 2 extra days will make this my most relaxed Disney trip ever.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

We just finished 15 nights.

Not enough.

I HATE that MYW tix max out at 10 days. We went to the water parks one day and had no desire to go back. We took a day at Sea World and Busch Gardens and a DTD/Pool day to fill the rest.

I have been with family that was sick of the place after 5 days though.

It all depends on the kind of experience you want.

If you rush through the days going from ride to ride, you may not ever want more than 5-6 days. If you can spend 10 hours in a park and see 2 shows and go on 2-3 rides and be fulfilled, a longer trip may be good for you.

We sometimes go to the parks and avoid rides all together. We walk around. Shop. Just enjoy the experience. Weather is good. Food is good. Rides are secondary to many guests.

Upvote 0

Diane Hughess

Money-wise, it makes sense to stay longer. The airfare is the same whether you stay 1 or 10 days. The park pass price difference between a 7 day and a 10 day is like $10. The only real expenses are the hotel and food. And it's worth EVERY penny!

Upvote 0

Philo

I always wonder if 10 days is too long, then I realise it's hardly long enough.

I've never been for anything less than 7 days so I can't really do a proper comparison but I like the fact that I have enough time to do everything I want (several times in some cases).

We plan alot before we go but when we arrive, we tend to just go with it and it's nice to know that if we wake up and decide to visit IA it won't make a big difference to our plans.

Towards the end of the vacation you do start to think your content and not really fussed about coming back too soon but on your way home that changes back to "I want to be there now"!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom