Why do people hate Stitch's Great Escape?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I personally enjoy this ride. I think it is very fun. Do people honestly think that Alien Encounter was actually better?

durangojim

Because it sucks, that's why:lol: AE was more fun to me because it actually made my then girlfriend afraid. Lot's of heightened sensory experiences and adrenaline, the part where the creature would breathe on your neck was awesome!

RonAnnArbor

Yes, it was tremendously better -- but it was not geared for family audiences, and ultimately it was doomed (so to speak). It was actually scary.

Mind you, though, that ALien Enounter had many of the same reactions that Stitch currently has -- it was not uncommon to hear people comment that they wouldn't go back and do it a second time, and what a waste of time it was.

Stitch was an attempt to throw good money at bad - and ultimately save face for an incredibly expensive attraction that was a failure as both Alien and Stitch. Look for this to disappear as soon as they need space for something in that area.

disneyracefan

they could have done much better but the ride came out cheap the building should have been gutted and a far better ride should have been built. stitch is number 1 in our house and he deserved a better ride.

Tom

Beta Return
darthjohnny said:
I personally enjoy this ride. I think it is very fun. Do people honestly think that Alien Encounter was actually better?

I'm not going to be one-sided and closed-minded in my response to this.

I rode AE when it was still with us, and LOVED it. I'm 25, and pretty darn male - but I was scared by it! Ok, well, startled. It was indeed pretty intense. I give it an A+++, but would agree that it was, perhaps, a tad extreme for the MK, which is often referred to as "a kids park" (I guess I'm just a big kid!). MGM may have been a better choice for this attraction, but it would have required a bit more specific theming to movies, like, say Alien.

I rode Stitch with the other 5 in our group 2 weeks ago, one of which is a HUGE Stitch fan (she's 25 too). She has seen however many movies they've made with those characters, not to mention the TV shows and owns most of the stuffed versions of the creature. She had her picture taken with Lilo and Stitch any time we'd see them. She would NEVER badmouth Stitch or anything to do with him. With that said, we came out of Stitch (the attraction) and she said, "Yeah, I love Stitch and all, but that was just LAME!"

Four of us had seen AE before, and all four of us were severely dissapointed. It was really, really, REALLY dumberized (yeah, I made up that word). All of the positive aspects that were built into the original attraction were lost because "it was tooooo scawy". Pssh!

Now I'm going to be close-minded.....AE was far superior of an attraction than Stitch. I will never see Stitch again. It was a waste of my time and seriously depressing.

conntom

I Honestly think that Alien Encounter was actually better then Stitch
To me its boring. I did it one time and I will not do it again.

bsandersjr

darthjohnny said:
Do people honestly think that Alien Encounter was actually better?

Ummm....

Yep! Some people do actually think AE is better.
Stitch is a cool character, but the attraction just plain sucks. Personally, I'd rather get stuck on Small World for an hour with that horrid music being pumped into my ears than experiance SGE again.

autumndawn1006

Because you're ready to go break out of the harnesses yourself to go and find and if necessary create a generator so you can get out of there. They have space ships, but no emergency lighting? :rolleyes:

DDuckFan130

I like SGE as much as I liked AE...which is not saying much :lol:

AE was fun the first few times, but it got old quick IMO. Same thing with SGE. I'll probably see it a few times but both attractions are equally...ok. :D

:lookaroun

PigletIsMyCat

I never got to ride AE (darn it) but I did ride SGE once. And only once. And I will never ride it again. Was it fun? Yes. Entertaining? Yes. I actually enjoyed the idea (even though Stitch does deserve a better attraction than basically dressing up an old attraction that was still popular and renaming it) and thought it was cool. Why do I hate it? Why do my friends and family hate it? Four words:

CHILI CHEESE DOG BURP :hurl:

Yes, I did just yell that. That is why I refuse to ride this again. I swear to all the gods available, I could smell that disgusting, aweful smell in my hair, on my clothes, and in my very nostrils for the entire day. The smell made me want to vomit. Cute idea? Yeah, sure. Ride ruiner? ABSOLUTELY.

MY_NAME_STITCH

disneyracefan said:
they could have done much better but the ride came out cheap the building should have been gutted and a far better ride should have been built. stitch is number 1 in our house and he deserved a better ride.
I couldn't agree with you more!!! Stitch is number one in our household as well. So much so that we named our husky Stitch. They needed to put more thought and effort into the finished product. We rode it for the first time in February 2005. Although we loved the ride, we felt that it needed more. A CM told us that plans were in the works for a revamped story line, but, unfortunately, nothing has happened.

Damien666

Ok, this is how it is for me.

AE was my favorite attraction of all time, but I went into SGE with a open mind. SGE is just a poorly done attraction that was doomed from the start, I had a feeling it would not be good just by looking at the concept art.

Disney tried making a "Family Friendly" attraction out of effects that are ment to scare. You cannot have a kid friendly attraction with something that throws you in total darkness for a long time. Plus the story of SGE is muddled with a anticlimatic ending.

:) We rod SGE a couple of times...and it was interesting the first few times but now i think if you ride it, your doing it more for audience reaction.....welll I should say thats was I do...you can totally pick out the new people and their reactions are priceless..

Think of it from their point of view....and most people love it the frist time...

themack618

Why do people hate SGE? Go there and watch it.....you'll be mad for wasting your time and probably go insane because you lost 10 minutes of your life that you cannot get back, when you couldve been on space mountain while the line was shorter :lol:

Videoteck

darthjohnny said:

Um people hate Stitch thats why.
Plus Stitch is prolly thee dumbest Disney character ever.

Skippy2000

:(
Videoteck said:
Um people hate Stitch thats why.
Plus Stitch is prolly thee dumbest Disney character ever.

Stitch is the only Disney character I truly do hate...utterly without charm, humor, or any kind of Disneyesque attractiveness. When we were there a few weeks ago, we walked by the building, mourning X-S Technology and our beloved Chairman Clench.

Floridasunshine

PigletIsMyCat said:
Why do I hate it? Why do my friends and family hate it? Four words:

CHILI CHEESE DOG BURP :hurl:

Yes, I did just yell that. That is why I refuse to ride this again. I swear to all the gods available, I could smell that disgusting, aweful smell in my hair, on my clothes, and in my very nostrils for the entire day. The smell made me want to vomit.

I could not agree more.... .the words nasty and nauseating immediately come to mind.... yuck ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom