Why Didn't This Happen?!?

Disneyson 1

IMHO, Tarzan and Footlight Parade are super and feel - to me - like "This is where a REAL classic (like Sound of Music or The King and I) should be placed, but we couldn't get the rights and we're using an obscure Tarzan movie and a musical nobody's familiar with... and non-moving mannequins...

Tom

Beta Return
IMHO, Tarzan and Footlight Parade are super and feel - to me - like "This is where a REAL classic (like Sound of Music or The King and I) should be placed, but we couldn't get the rights and we're using an obscure Tarzan movie and a musical nobody's familiar with... and non-moving mannequins...

Ha. Yes. Exactly. Especially about Footlight. Its set is just a full-size version of IaSW dolls.

They used Tarzan because it was an MGM product (like Oz), which actually meant something back in 1989. There are definitely far more classic films that could take it's place - but like you said, they probably couldn't get rights to any.

Maerj

They probably used Tarzan because there have been so many movies made based on the character, imdb lists 89 between 1918 and 2008. There were a dozen of the films back in the day starring Johnny Weissmuller that were pretty popular, that's where the 'Tarzan yell' came from. I don't mind Tarzan being represented in the ride but it'd be nice to get some better representation.

Brer Funk

Casablanca needs to stay. That is one of the greatest films of all time and the scene is very well done. It may not be the most exciting of show scenes, but it's an excellent representation of the film. Tarzan, Fantasia, Footlight Parade, Alien and the generic Horror scene should go. I would replace Alien with Tron, Tarzan with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or Pirates of the Caribbean, Fantasia would be updated and redone from scratch, Footlight Parade would be replaced with Steamboat Willy and the generic horror scene I would replace with something like Sixth Sense.

If you notice, all of the films I included belong to Disney and can be easily implemented.

With those changes it would become the Great Disney Movie Ride. With the movies they have now it feels like Hollywood - it's bigger than Disney.

I also don't think we need two Pirates of the Caribbeans within a couple of miles of each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom