Why did they install "Starry-o-Phonic" sound on Space Mountain...

Damon7777

Furthermore a single redesigned Space Mountain should be equipped with substantially more capacity......
I thought that should have been so obvious and unneeded to be stated.

Cmdr_Crimson

If you really want to know who composed the Starry-O-Phonic score that would be Mike Brassell.

Not only did he compose the 2009 score to SM He is also the Narrator you hear on the Peoplemover & Living with the Land....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Furthermore a single redesigned Space Mountain should be equipped with substantially more capacity......
I thought that should have been so obvious and unneeded to be stated.

How exactly do you propose they achieve "substantially more capacity" on a single roller coaster track vs. what they have currently with the two "unimpressive ones"?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's weird I agree...I thought he was trying to do a version of Orac-1 the first time I had heard it...

ORAC-1 had soul. The current narration has none.

ORAC-1 was also the best version, IMHO, followed by the 1994 version. Fun, informative, and thoroughly enjoyable. My holy grail for Disney park audio is the source audio for the ORAC-1 Wedway Peoplemover. :) Martin has a good live recording, and I've wanted to do something around that myself, but source is what I want.

WEDwaydatamover

Orac-1 IS the holy grail of source audio. I have just about every piece of studio recording imaginable from MK and Epcot but I can only find live recordings of this. I do have some studio recordings of the various background scores from the WEDWay.

Damon7777

Sorry to disagree, but MK needs throughput. One "impressive" track in SM and you'd have lines all the way back to Splash Mountain.

Why yes you would!!
... but not because the rider hourly capacity became lower. The lines would become crazy long due to guests wanting to queue up for something great.

Last edited:

Damon7777

How exactly do you propose they achieve "substantially more capacity" on a single roller coaster track vs. what they have currently with the two "unimpressive ones"?

Space Mountain at Anaheim, Hong Kong and Tokyo have single tracks pumping out approx 2,200 riders per hour

Magic Kingdom's two track rider capacity per hour: approx 2,000

Last edited:

WEDwaydatamover

Disney will have to offset its future crowds and coming Tomorrowland with a far better Adventureland or Frontierland experience.

The way Epcot is offsetting its new attractions to avoid bottlenecks in an slightly underperforming/underimagined park as of recent times or decades. In all directions.

WEDwaydatamover

In my opinion as much as all of WDWs Space Mountain needs a complete upgrade to its roots it remains the best.

Not the smoothest.
Not the best sounding.

But I fear death version... long may the low slung rockets live on.

Damon7777

In my opinion as much as all of WDWs Space Mountain needs a complete upgrade to its roots it remains the best.

Not the smoothest.
Not the best sounding

The best??? hmmmm??
Just a wild guess here but you have not experienced Hong Kong, right? (Nor Paris, right?). Maybe you have but I just can't imagine anyone saying MK's version is better than HK's and being honest about it.

I wonder if you have ever experienced the other 4 versions. The Paris version, as for the ride system, is more like a "Rock n Roller" style with full restraints and inversions. The other 3 in Anaheim, Tokyo and Hong Kong are closely related but quite different than MK's.

Last edited:

Railfan Andrew

Sorry to disagree, but MK needs throughput. One "impressive" track in SM and you'd have lines all the way back to Splash Mountain.
It wouldn't be as efficient. If there are two tracks one can be used for fastpass and the other for standby. One track and you've got lines all the way down Main Street USA and out the front gate to the monorail station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom