Why DHS is a full day park for me

Walt Disney1955

Depending on what a full day is. I think 9-6pm is close enough to a full day. You can do DHS and Animal Kingdom within that time frame. It isn't as if you'll be bored out of your mind by 1pm. Lots of things to see. Plus you can soak up Sunset Blvd. Tower of Terror is definitely something you can ride multiple times. I swear on my life I have never waited more than 10 minutes in line. I don't know why. One of the most loved rides in the park should have longer lines, but it doesn't. Probably because it loads very well. I don't think you need a 9am-11pm day for DHS. It wouldn't hurt to have that for Magic Kingdom though.

Although I do agree DHS needs more attractions to make it more of a 9-9pm park

Mickey_777

We often do DHS for a full day. When you like an attraction, I believe you should ride/see it more than once. To go to DHS and only do ToT once or RnRC once is a crime IMO. DHS also has a ton of great detail too if you're looking. We enjoy the shows also. Great photo opportunities at that park as well.

I think we all can agree 2 more solid rides would go a long way for DHS. C tickets and above of coarse.

Mukta

I am a Disneyland local and I feel that too many of the DHS rides are cloned in CA.

Here in California, we have Star Tours, TSMM, Muppets, Animation Academy, a superior version of Fantasmic! and a slightly inferior version of ToT.

When I go to DHS, I ride the Great Movie Ride and that is about it.

tracyandalex

Since DD3 was born we have pretty much always spent a full day at DHS and we still don't see everything. Becuase of DD we see lots of shows and meet lots of characters.

Must Dos:
Play & Dine breakfast, Disney Junior show, meet pooh & sorcerer Mickey, Little Mermaid show, the parade (it's too crappy for me to pay attention to the name), Beauty & the Beast show, Muppet show, meet Phineas & Ferb, see Lightning McQueen & Mater, meet Buzz and Woody, eat dinner - usually 50's, Fantasmic

Sometimes Dos:
Star Tours, RNRC, Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground, shopping, characters by the hat, TSMM

Still Need to Do:
One Man's Dream, Indiana Jones, TOT, GMR, LMAX (but we're not really interested, we saw it in 2006)

We are looking forward to the when we don't really need to spend very much time in Animation Courtyard! DD loves Animation Courtyard too much these days to cut it. We are going to try to at least add GMR and Indy in December.

Magenta Panther

Every child SHOULD see "One Man's Dream". He/she needs to know that Walt Disney was a real person, not a made-up trademark character like Betty Crocker. And few role models are as good as or better than Walt. His life story is more positively educational than anything Sesame Street could ever offer.

Anyway, DHS is my favorite Disney park. I love the architecture, the ambience, the gift shops, the rides, the restaurants...everything (except the Muppets attraction, which I've seen once, and have no interest in seeing again. It just doesn't cut it for me. Your mileage may vary). The Tower of Terror, IMO, is the last truly great work of Imagineering to date. It's a masterpiece. RnRC is a lot of fun, although I do agree that the black-lit cardboard cutouts in the interior are a bit cheezy; reminds me a bit of the Pooh ride. Star Tours is ace. Indy Jones is a bit dated but still kinda fun. GMR has a certain something despite its desperate need for an update. The Brown Derby has great food. And...I don't know...I just love DHS. I could easily spend all day there. It helps that it does have the Writer's Nook, which offers a place to rest, read and enjoy some brew - something I often badly need at one point or another during a WDW visit. So yeah, to me, DHS is a full-day park.

sgtmgd

I also wil spend a full day there..and enjoy it..even more so with the Osborne Lights....

I also really enjoy Lights Camera Action

twinnstar

I think DHS is a 3/4 of a day park for me, mostly due to the absurd amount of time I spend in One Man's Dream :)
I usually ride RnRC 2-3 times, and hit up Star Tours, ToT, Great Movie Ride and Muppets 3D. Usually I dont really care that much about anything else except RnRC though, and honestly could leave right after that...but other people like to do the other things so, eh.

spacemt354

Chili's
I think the difference between DHS and say the MK and Epcot is that the MK and Epcot are by themselves full day parks. In DHS, I have to make it a full day park. And for me, that isn't so hard because I could ride ToT, RnRC, Star Tours over and over yet never get tired of them. And it's funny how you can ride those attractions again and again, yet it could be different everytime. ToT with a different drop sequence, RnRC with different songs blasting in your ears, and Star Tours with different planets on each ride. And I think even TSMM has different games each time, although I haven't gone on it enough to make an accurate assumption on it.

That being said though, I do hope DHS gets some additional rides in the near future. The shows are very nice, but I'm not going to see the shows over and over like I do the rides. The shows do not have the same rideability factor that ToT does. At the Magic Kingdom, I don't mind riding Space Mountain only once or twice, because there is so much else to see as well. So at DHS, I wish I could have that same luxury, with a few C-tickets and maybe one or two more E-tickets to spread me out throughout the day. That way, it is by itself a full day park, and I don't have to make it a full day park.

luv

I thin newbies should give both the DS and AK at least one full day. You never know what you're going to like and there is certainly enough to do in both parks to take at least one day.

For me, the DS became a One Morning park (if that) many years ago. At most, I'd stay until lunchtime and have lunch before leaving.

olinecoach61

I used to say it was a half day park, now I say it a 3/4 day park. Lol!
We did really enjoy ourselves last time we went but there just seems to be so much open space, hopefully they add to it soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Where is this darned rope that you're not supposed to pull but everyone says to pull? We couldn't find it for the life of us on our last trip. I thought it was out front, no?

If you are facing the entrance to the stunt show it's just off to the left.

JIMINYCR

We make it a full day at DHS. MUST DO rides multiple times. Interact with the Citizens of Hollywood. Then have a relaxing meals in one of our favorite restaurants. Of course theres time wandering through every shop looking for gifts/souvineers. Ending the night with being thrilled by Fantasmic. We also don't rush through at a hurried pace but take our time looking for all the little things others pass by unaware of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom