Why DHS is a full day park for me

Cody5294

Original Poster
To many DHS is considered a half day park. For me I can easily spend a full day there. Here is why:

1) I normally ride Star Tours 3-4 times a visit
2) I ride TOT and RnRC 2-3 times each
3) I ride TSM once
4) I might get attacked for this but I do go and see AIE 2-3 times a visit (including the finale show) I love watching people sing and the finale show never disappoints
5) I always draw at the Animation Academy
6) I hang out at the Tune-In Lounge with my dad and talk to the bartender and meet new people
7) Fantasmic!

I do agree though that DHS needs a couple of new attractions to make itself find its identity back becuz once AIE goes away it will not be a full day park for me

Mr.Stitch

I also feel that DHS is a full day park. We have two days planned there on our upcoming trip. We are only spending one day at Epcot this year as TT is being refurbed and I think that park needs some serious TLC. There are very few attractions at Epcot that I would ride more than once, while at DHS, I can think of at least 4 attractions that I could ride multiple times.

Mr.Stitch

Well TofT is random, so it can be different every time and TSMM can have different outcomes depending on how you play. Now ST can also have different combinations, so it can vary every time you ride it as well. My whole family loves RNRC and can ride it again and again.

Wesleyjohn

HS is my kids favorite park. They love the Animation Academy also, we have done 2-3 classes in a row several times. So with that and multiple trips to RnR and ToT, we make a day of it too.

YoungNY

DHS is a full day park for me even though I dont ride RnR or any of the rides more than once most of the time because I see all the shows as well. I've never done AIE, but I see the little mermaid,indiana jones, beauty and the beast, the backlot tour, LMA, the muppets, then I ride ToT, Star Tours, Great Movie Ride and Toy Story. Add in times for lunch and shopping, thats a full day right there.

I think the people who say its a half day park tend to stick to the big rides (ToT, RnR, Star Tours and Toy Story) after that they leave. I think they skip over all the shows and less popular rides. Thats the only way I can see it being a half day park.

George Lucas on a Bench

You can make it a full day park if you either want to do everything there or enjoy attractions there enough to be able to stretch it out for a full day. I can see where repeat visitors would consider it a half-day park if they don't want to repeat the shows and don't dawdle in the park.

I'll be honest, I don't go through the trouble of seeing Fantasmic, I never want to see the car show again and as much I've enjoyed it in the past, I haven't set foot in the Indy show for several visits. It has some neat action scenes, sure. It's still awesome to see the boulder and the German airplane roll out. But it's so overplayed. It's the same jokes, script and way too much talking. It's 2012, everyone knows about stunt doubles and special effects. Just show us the action. There are two other movies to draw inspiration from. I only go back there to pull the rope and look at the tank (which should be in the show).

I do Great Movie Ride, Tower, Aerosmith and I suppose Star Tours numerous times in a visit. Add in Muppets, Toy Story if I can ever go on without a 4,863 minute wait time (not since 2009 and it really isn't good enough to draw me back anyway), walking around and...yeah. I guess it IS a half-day park.

ishmael0316

I would do TOT, RnRC, Star Tours, and Toy Story. If I were in the mood, maybe Beauty and the Beast. I cannot see this place as a full day park. I am not saying other people can't enjoy a full day there; just that I cannot. I would do half day at the studios and the other half at Animal Kingdom (EE, Dinosaur, and Nemo musical) or back for more time at Magic Kingdom. Just my thoughts.

Redsky89

Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios I always bust out in one day. I just can't get myself to make either one a full day park. Only ride I can do over and over again is Star Tours there.

RonAnnArbor

I suppose if you ride the same things over and over and over again (which really isn't the norm at WDW -- it's more an amusement park thing), then you can stretch out DHS and AK to a full day....but in reality, using early entry, you can ride every ride and see every show and still be done by 3:00...

BryceM

I agree! I went to DHS last Tuesday and spent a full 11 hours there with my friends. It was great. We stayed until 9 PM and made ToT our last ride (even better at night). We enjoyed doing all the little things and walking around and taking in the atmosphere.

We did ToT 4 times, RnRC 3 times, TSMM 2 times, Star Tours 2 times, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, The Great Movie Ride and MuppetVision.

It is by far my favorite Disney park.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I ride almost all attractions at WDW parks multiple times. I disagree with some of the other posters that it's not a Disney thing. In fact I think Disney has a knack for giving rides REridability ;) .
With that being said - We definitely give DHS a full day every trip. With that being said: DHS needs another 2 E tickets.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Riding TSMM just once in the middle of the afternoon in the summer makes it a half day park, right there.
Doesn't take too much else to fill the rest of the day.

Seriously though, I can spend half a day just watching the various street performances. A couple of spins on RnRC, a half dozen free falls on ToT, some Muppets 3D laughs, and a few sniffles at One Man's Dream fills out the day quite nicely, thank you.

wdwfan4ver

I think the people who say its a half day park tend to stick to the big rides (ToT, RnR, Star Tours and Toy Story) after that they leave. I think they skip over all the shows and less popular rides. Thats the only way I can see it being a half day park.
Not all people who say is DHS is a half day park stick to the big rides. I know people that loves WDW, but considers DHS a half a day park. The people that I know don't go to TOT, RNR, or Star Tours due to their medical issues despite not having motion sickness. I am talking about people that have serious medical issues and really can't go on thrill rides anymore as a result. Star Tours Adventure Continues is not a true thrill ride, but not all people are capable of going on simulators based on medical issues that are not motion sickness related.

The only big rides I go one out of the four is Star Tours: Adventures Continues, and Toy Story Midway Mania. I don't do TOT, or RnR. I go one Star Tour 2 or 3 times. I also do One Man's dream, Muppet vision 3d, great movie ride and Fantasmic. I look at the shops and I do eat at Starring rolls cafe for a cupcake.

Most of the times I do to go to WDW happen during the summer. I did LMA once and it isn't good enough to see a second time. The other fact LMA happens when I take a break. I leave parks around 1:00 to 1:30 p.m. before I leave for dinner. My dinner ADR happens anywhere from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. and that means I go to a park after dinner or go to EPCOT for my Dinner ADR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom