Why close Snow White?

mimitchi33

It's almost 2 months before Disney shows extreme stupidity and closes down one of their most prized, special, classic attractions for a meet & greet! Now I can understand closing it down for a little while (new paint and such) but close it down FOREVER?? :dazzle: Why would Disney close Snow White's Scary Adventures??!! I mean, I know we need to move on and stuff. That's actually what I told my family when Alien Encounter was being remodeled into Stitch. But close such a great ride down for a MEET & GREET? Are they out of their minds!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I got that out. :mad: What do you guys think?

This is just like Mr Toad all over again!:lol:

Also, wasn't it said earlier that Snow White's Scary Adventures would be replaced by the mine train ride, not the meet and greet? Or am I just confused?

Captain Neo

Are Princess Meet & greets really that popular? I thought Disney was moving away from them and that's why they have been changing the names of all their new movies and avoiding princesses in their marketing (see Tangled, Brave, Frozen) I think most kids go to Disney World for the rides and meeting the charecters are just an after thought. In fact when I was little the charecters used to walk around and randomly stop in certain areas of the park for pictures/hugs/etc. Why did that change?

I can assure Disney that if they replaced Snow White's Scary adventure with an Alice in Wonderland dark ride, that Pinocchio ride from Disneyland, or heck even Mr.Toad's Wild Ride they would get a FARRRR better return on investment.

Animaniac93-98

Are Princess Meet & greets really that popular? I thought Disney was moving away from them and that's why they have been changing the names of all their new movies and avoiding princesses in their marketing (see Tangled, Brave, Frozen)

There have been 90 minute waits for Rapunzel and the girls at Town Square Theatre so, yes, there is a demand. The movie title changes were stricly for box office concerns, not merchandising (which is as strong as ever) or character interaction.

I'd gladly take Alice or Mr. Toad, but would easily reject Pinocchio, my least favourite of the Fantasyland dark rides at DL. I found it was not very good and must agree with the Unofficial Guide's opinions.

aladdin2007

This is just like Mr Toad all over again!:lol:

Also, wasn't it said earlier that Snow White's Scary Adventures would be replaced by the mine train ride, not the meet and greet? Or am I just confused?

Basically the mine train is replacing snow white in terms of theme or snow white attraction,,,but they are still using perfectly good ride space for a meetngreet, when that could have been for a different dark ride, such as Rapunzel since so popular.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Basically the mine train is replacing snow white in terms of theme or snow white attraction,,,but they are still using perfectly good ride space for a meetngreet, when that could have been for a different dark ride, such as Rapunzel since so popular.

I am much happier with what we are getting now then what was originally planned, Snow White staying as is, and the entire center of the expansion being taken up with meet and greets.

aladdin2007

I am much happier with what we are getting now then what was originally planned, Snow White staying as is, and the entire center of the expansion being taken up with meet and greets.

Oh I agree, me too. Its just kinda sad that we lose a classic dark ride and ride real-estate space.

Roostakog

Snow White is one of Disney's worst dark rides...they have revamped it once to try to make it make sense, and even that wasn't successful. It's just painted flats that reenact a handful of scenes from the movie.

It sends the under 4's screaming into a crying frenzy because it's too scary with the witch...it has virtually no re-ride interest for adults...and the over 12's avoid it like the plague.

It was an easy decision to remove it, especially once they added the Seven Dwarves Mine Train to the FLE...with similar theming.
Baloney. Any ride....Repeat, any ride is x-10 better than ANY meet n greet. No one avoids any ride when the park is busy. I've been to the magi. Kingdom 126 times and you learn to appreciate the little things regarding some of these dated dark rides artwork etc. No, we definitely agree it's not a gem, but I stand behind my rideB4 meet n greet.....any day of the week. #savetherides

WDWTank

It's almost 2 months before Disney shows extreme stupidity and closes down one of their most prized, special, classic attractions for a meet & greet! Now I can understand closing it down for a little while (new paint and such) but close it down FOREVER?? :dazzle: Why would Disney close Snow White's Scary Adventures??!! I mean, I know we need to move on and stuff. That's actually what I told my family when Alien Encounter was being remodeled into Stitch. But close such a great ride down for a MEET & GREET? Are they out of their minds!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, I got that out. :mad: What do you guys think?
Their decision has aged, poorly.

MattFrees71

I hope they replace it with a ride again in the near future... For some reason, I don't see that Meet and Greet lasting terribly long.

CoasterSnoop

Original Poster
I swear, this thread being bumped again and again will be the death of me. The OP is like some bizarre other world. Not only did I say that, I thought it was a great idea to post it for all to see!

It was funny on an awkward level the first time, this time it's just embarrassing. If a mod can please lock or delete this thread, I'd really appreciate it.

Roger_the_pianist

I love Snow White because it is essentially an opera, and the older ride was so funhouse and a must on my first trip to Magic Kingdom in 1999.

It is the only Happy Meal where I have collected ALL even tho i had to get Doc in a thrift store 15 years later.

The new coaster just looks like Big Thunder with the mine scene and the retro cottage at the end. Nice nod to the old ride, tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom