Why can't they keep Toontown open just until after presidents week?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
All I want to do is visit Toontown once more before its gone. Only if they could just keep it open for 2 more weeks so it could be open for presidents week for us to say goodbye to our childhood memories. Is the disney company really that ruthless or is it that important to close it. Just 2 more freakin weeks :mad:.

slappy magoo

Someone more important to you is planning a vacation the week the entire FLE officially opens, and they'd rather be ready for them :lookaroun

Actually I feel your pain (to a degree). My favorite counter service restaurant was Tusker House in AK, back when it WAS counter-service. I'm embarrassed to admit it, I'd dream of that rotisserie chicken, and their giant chocolate cupcake. When I heard it was closing, I was hoping to get there one last time, but the only way I could arrange my trip, I arrived on site the day - THE DAY - AFTER it closed for renovation into the buffet it is today.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Someone more important to you is planning a vacation the week the entire FLE officially opens, and they'd rather be ready for them :lookaroun

Actually I feel your pain (to a degree). My favorite counter service restaurant was Tusker House in AK, back when it WAS counter-service. I'm embarrassed to admit it, I'd dream of that rotisserie chicken, and their giant chocolate cupcake. When I heard it was closing, I was hoping to get there one last time, but the only way I could arrange my trip, I arrived on site the day - THE DAY - AFTER it closed for renovation into the buffet it is today.

I had one of those cupcakes in 1994 and I still remember it LMAO. I am just surprised that they didn't wait 2 weeks because school is off that week. I guess if they were to do that it would ruin the plans for Fantacyland. I hope they decide to keep it open for the crowds but if the don't I better like Fantacyland. Don't be embarrassed, my friends on my senior trip caught me tearing up at the end of Spectro Magic and I am a blue collar working 6 foot 2 male who drives a Dodge Ram LOL and I was a lineman for my football team at the time LOL.

dave&di

I AM GUTTED TOONTOWN CLOSES TODAY. I GOT TO SAY GOODBYE LAST SEPTEMBER BUT I NEVER GOT TO TAKE IT ALL IN IN THE 2 VACATIONS I HAD AT WDW. MICKEY & MINNIES HOMES HAD SO MUCH DETAIL AND I COULD NEVER STOP TO LOOK PROPERLY AS THERE WERE ALWAYS PEOPLE BEHIND YOU WAITING TO LOOK SO I ALWAYS JUST KEPT SLOWING MOVING ON.

BYE BYE TOONTOWN, THANKS FOR HAVING ME :wave:

bgraham34

April last year was my last trip there and it was nice to see it one last time. I will be back down in a few weeks and wont be upset it will be closed. Just upset I can't stop and walk through from the train.

WDW2010

All I want to do is visit Toontown once more before its gone. Only if they could just keep it open for 2 more weeks so it could be open for presidents week for us to say goodbye to our childhood memories. Is the disney company really that ruthless or is it that important to close it. Just 2 more freakin weeks :mad:.

All I wanted was to see it again also. Last year was my first trip to WDW and I was 19 years old lol. Now I'm going next month to MK and I was so excited to get to go to Mickey and Minnie's house, what a shame. I'd love to see it for one more day too bad. :mad:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
All I wanted was to see it again also. Last year was my first trip to WDW and I was 19 years old lol. Now I'm going next month to MK and I was so excited to get to go to Mickey and Minnie's house, what a shame. I'd love to see it for one more day too bad. :mad:

Just 2 more weeks, I cant believe it. If they decide to open it for that week I am going to get something I haven't had since 1994 and it's going to be one of those giant cupcakes. And I am going to throw my pride over my shoulders and enjoy my last moments in toontown. Im not getting my hopes up but it would be nice to have it open since it is a peak week.

EPCOT.nut

I never cared for Toontown - no childhood memories associated with that part of the park. So many really great rides and attractions have closed over the years I stop asking WHY and just accept that Disney is not my personal playground. It's a business and it's constantly going through changes just like every other place.

Enjoy the changes! There are already 'good-bye' videos on youtube for reminiscing. Speaking of, I may have to go watch my Horizons video. :D So many great memories there!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They can't keep it because nobody can stand to see it any longer...:ROFLOL:

Honestly the only thing worth visiting there for is to see the houses and video kids wining everywhere to post on youtube...:animwink:

EPCOT.nut

They can't keep it because nobody can stand to see it any longer...:ROFLOL:

LOL I didn't want to say it like it is but yeah....

I feel bad because the little kids enjoy the houses, but look at the new marketing for even the little kids. The 'traditional' Mickey memorabilia is dwarfed by all the princess marketing. I guess it's just time for change.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
LOL I didn't want to say it like it is but yeah....

I feel bad because the little kids enjoy the houses, but look at the new marketing for even the little kids. The 'traditional' Mickey memorabilia is dwarfed by all the princess marketing. I guess it's just time for change.

I like the princesses :).

R W B

I've been to WDW twice and never did go to toontown. On my last trip my G/F tried getting me to go but I didnt want to, now I wish I did though. In January when I heard it was closing I started to plan a one day MK trip just to go see toontown before it closed but the first weekend we could of went had us arriving Feb 12th, the DAY AFTER it closed. Why they closed it on a Friday and not wait until Sunday I dont know.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And there is a family coming in a week after you that really wants to see it too, and then there is one coming in 5 days after that family and another is coming in a week later........

Guests were going to be effected no matter when they closed it. Eventually you just have to shoot the puppy.

tonganprince

I was there last Thursday and informed the kids that this was the last time they would ever see toon town.

They couldn't have cared less. :shrug:

I thought it would be more emotional that it turned out to be.

I can still say I was one of the last few peeps to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom