why can we non FLoridians get the same discount

darthdarrel

Originally posted by wdwforus
I think Strobe and I are pretty much on the same page. Why not a little incentive though for the frequent out of staters? Make them able to stay 7 nights instead of 4. I know I dont get a discount up here when someone asks me to talk like a Mainah or where to find lobstah or where the Bushes live. We just smile our best Mainah smile and cant wait for October to come around till they all cross the bordah.
You sure do use alot of AH`S LOL!:lol:

Quentin Disney

Don't you guys think that a Florida annual pass is too much money? When you compare it the Funcard that SeaWorld/Busch Gardens has or the lower cost of the Universal passes, Disney's APs are quite steep in price. Of course, if I weren't working at WDW, I wouldn't have a problem with that. However, many folks in Central Florida balk at the cost of an AP and thus ask a CM they know to get in for free. Personally, I really would love to see more Florida residents come to the parks. People from out-of-state are cool guests, but I can relate to Florida guests more (and I'm from New York!).

They should be promoting the heck out of it like they do with the Southern California Disneyland APs. Unless you go to guest relations or the ticket booths, you never see anything about annual passes in the front gates nor they have any processing offices for APs like Universal does. And the most important thing I wish they would do is replace the wafer thin park media for APs. If an AP is going to visit the parks frequently, wouldn't makes sense to make cards that are more durable, maybe with picture ID like the DLR ones?

And one more thing, the play-4 to me while a great value should make it more attractive by offering upgrade specials.

NowInc

The Disney AP is more money than the others simply because you GET more (2 more parks)...

Its a really good deal if you go more than 5 times a year (which most florida residents do)..if the price is too steep..just downgrade to a seasonal...

I DO have to admit tho..bush gardens/Sea world does have the rest beat with its deals in april (i think its april) where you buy a ONE day ticket..and it is automatically upgraded to an annual..free of charge...49 something bucks for an AP to bush gardens...yeah...definatly a MUCH better deal ;)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
alright.. NON FLORIDA RESIDENTS...

do you want Florida resident prices? I'll tell you how..

first you go here

next you fork over $20, your birth certificate, and your social security card, sit in line for a few hours, and VOILA!

You get a Florida ID card.

Then enjoy the benefits..

I'll be blunt- for the bull**** I have to up with as a Florida resident (the ONLY things this state has going for it are WDW and good weather.. that's it), the discounts are the least that can be done

Ragdoll

I just moved down to Florida two years ago, and when I talked with the people here, they didn't seem very interested in going to Disney World. They said that they went maybe 14 times and now they're too sick of it... these discounts must be Disney's way of getting more Floridian residents to go.
But I don't know what they're talking about... I've been going almost every week and I'm still not sick of it. :)

mickeyfan5768

I for one agree that they should offer some kind of pass discount to out of state residents just based on the fact that they are no longer offering Spectro or fireworks at Mk on most days. So, if you are not getting the whole show-why pay the full price. Just my opinion-I'm going in 2 weeks and I'm just a little ticked that its considered regular season but there are shortened hours, water parks closed, major rehabs, and no Spectro and no fireworks our entire stay. I understand this in the slow value season-but not in May. Just venting-sorry!

Dwarful

Ok here is my .02 A friend of mine moved to Branson, Missouri. Very touristy...the traffic on Hwy 76 is far worse than any I have seen in Orlando, 3-4 hours for a mile or two..faster to park the car and walk.

ANYWAY, in Branson, the shows, parks, assorted amusements, offer considerable "Branson Resident discounts" that are also good for "friends and family". In otherwords, Branson is dependent on tourists, therefore they cater to the tourists, offer discounts (better to get something than nothing) and of course there are people that dont search for discounts who pay full fare.

with that said, the current discounts are still higher than what we paid for May/June of last year...we paid $50 a night had 2 rooms at All Star Movies..now its $74 a night w/discount plus tax.

Disneyland offered a 5 day $99 pass that was available to people who stayed in various hotels..not necessarily Disney hotels, this was about 3 years ago when we went, but we spent much more on those extra days in the parks on food, drinks, photos, souvineers etc..so disney got much more out of us by "giving" us that cheaper rate..which was the equivelant of a full price 2 day pass I believe. So discounts, to locals or non-locals will still generate more money coming into the parks. If we could get the same rate we did last year and a discount on park passes we would be there this summer, but since we haven't we will wait til next summer to go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom