Why can’t we swim in the 7 Seas Lagoon?

lamarvenoy

I remember reading Disney employs a team of trappers just to remove alligators full time. the alligators are relocated to the backside of the property(marshland). Alligators over 9 feet long are destroyed after being caught. I have read of 2 alligator attacks at DW, although there may have been more disney covers up and paysoff. Both attacks happened at Fort Wilderness and both were children. neither were swimming, just playing at the waters edge! I grew up in Florida and I feel alligators are relatively safe,unless it is a mother with babies or you are 3 feet tall. we lived right next to a lake my whole life and i've seen 100's of gators, I even had a baby as a pet many years ago.(i know its wrong and illegal to do i was young and dumb and he turned out fine) children should stay off of the waters bank anywhere in Florida, DW included.

Jodigrl328

Even if it is Disney's master scheme to get you out of the lakes and into their water parks, I would much rather pay to swim in some chlorinated water than some water that I can' see what's going on (gators, bacteria, et al) :lookaroun

WDWsmith2001

Even if you could get past the ferry stink, algae clumps, and general funk in that lake, I'm sure The goof' will be whipping arround on those water skies of his and drop an elbow on you.

I too remember swimming at the Poly' and Fort Wilderness, so this must be progressive thing where the lake just got worse and worse. Does anyone else remember Goofy skiing in the lake?

DisneyWorldGuru

The funny thing is, is that River Country is swimming in Bay Lake. The water on the tube ride and in the just swimming area is the lake water. If u hope the mesh fence you will be in Bay Lake. :hammer: :brick:

DisneyWorldGuru

I know that the water in River country is treated but it is still the lake water. Also when i stayed at Caribean Beach you could swim but only up to your knees.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
I know that the water in River country is treated but it is still the lake water. Also when i stayed at Caribean Beach you could swim but only up to your knees.

Yeah wading in the water is OK and allowed. But like you said only to your knees.

Debbie

Originally posted by WDWsmith2001
Recently? or years ago? I hav'nt seen him out there in 5 or 6 years. I think I saw him before Grad night.?
In August of '99, we were staying at the Poly and my husband and little one decided to spend their last day at the pool. Up comes Goofy skiing, and Max and Tigger in the boat. Our boy didn't know whether to s*it or go blind. My husband was too far from the room to go get the camera; he never once thought that would have happened.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
The funny thing is, is that River Country is swimming in Bay Lake. :

Well, that could be the main reason for River Country closing, we don't know. What happens if someone falls from the Water Mouse or similar boars into the lakes? I know there are life guards boats sailing at every moment, but how dangerous it is?

-->Luau

Mr. Toad

Back in the 70's I remember seeing Goofy, Pinocchio, and Pluto all water skiing (not at the same time). Pluto was actually skiiing rather frequently one year. My dad was "talking" with him one day in the Poly lobby and Pluto picked up the newspaper and pointed to the picture on the front page. It was of some water skiing group or team that I think was performing at Cypress Gardens (is that place still around?). Turns out that Pluto was actually in the picture as one of the team members. No wonder he was so good at it.

Does anyone know if they ever had a water ski jumping ramp in the Seven Seas Lagoon. For some reason this seems to ring a bell with me but I may be confusing it with someplace else.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The characters did in fact used to go water-skiing, but no more. It's mainly for budget reasons. They also had a ramp.

Swimming in River Country is not really swimming in Bay Lake. While they are connected together, the water in RC, is kept apart from the water in BL, so River Country is pefectly safe to swim in

Mr. Toad

I haven't stayed at an MK resort in a while but when I was a kid it seemed that they had someone out there on waterskis almost every day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom