Why can’t we swim in the 7 Seas Lagoon?

DonickCo

Original Poster
I don’t want to. I just want to know how it got so bad…. and where Disney made a mistake…. I have seen photos right after it was dredged and it was crystal clear.

Jodigrl328

:lol: goofy will kick your @ss :lol:

you are able to wade but because of the "natural bacteria" caused by man made lakes it is not healthy, at least that is what i have heard)

I'll stick to the pools rather than face an @ss whooping from the goofster (or diseases from the "natural bacteria")

lamarvenoy

but they have water sports like skiing and wakeboarding, and up until it closed last year, rivercountry water was lake water. i think it has more to do with the drowning liability,it would be very hard to police all of bay lake. and there is always the threat of alligators, adults don't really have to worry about them but children should.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentmom
Can you swim from the beaches at the Grand Floridian and the Poynesian?

Not anymore!
:(

I have swum in both the seven seas lagoon and the lake at CBR. They were both closed about 12? years ago due to pollution. The combination of fertizilers, pesticides, and "waterfowl" raised the coliform levels to unhealthy. (by allowing the natural bacteria to thrive) Yes, the water used to be clearer, and cleaner, and swimmable! :(

orlpassholder

even if they where clean I wouldnt want to swim in them I have seen way to many "idiots" in the little sport around mouse boats come WAYYY to close to not only the ferry boats, and other boats but the beaches

bearboysnc

I thought the water at River Country overflowed into the lake, but didn't share the water.

Yuk, had I know that I never would have gone.

7S water is stank!

Mr. Toad

When I was a kid (back when WDW first opened) the lagoon was THE place to go swimming. We would go to the pool at the Poly and use the slide and then head back to the beach.

NowInc

Originally posted by raven
Maybe the pollution explains the horrible smell while riding the ferry boats. It smells like puke at times!

That...combined with some folks who dont believe in proper personal hygene...yep ;)

Davis224

It's gotta be safety reasons, people don't want to have to worry abou their kids being run over by the boats, eaten by alligators or turned odd colors due to the contamination. :lol:

Or maybe goofy is sitting out there ready to dish up a can of kick booty . . . sorry had to

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
it's not for the safety reasons that people think about (gators, etc) since every body of water in the state of FL has gators. It's because that water is gross

Billdis86

Account Suspended
This goes way back, and if you ask any cast members today, they will deny it. Everyone could swim in the lakes. Then Disney build an island in the lagoon. They built Disney's Wedding Pavilion on the island. During construction, the lakes were closed to swimming. I asked a supervisor why. She said that when the wedding pavilion was built, a building material chemical fell into the lagoon which caused lagoon temps. to rise. The lagoons were closed for swimming forever. This is just a story that a CM Supervisor told me. That's all I know. Well, have a great day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom