Why are we fans?

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I'm a disney fan because I've been going every year since I was 9 years old that was almost 20 years ago...and you know what they say,too much of anything can make you an addict...

plus it is a nice escape ffrom the everyday world as well

davidpw97

I was thinking of something, out of the millions that visit WDW each year, why do only a hundred thousand actually love it enough to post on boards, or have their entire lives devoted to WDW. I guess for some people like me it 'clicked' but why hasn't it clicked for the other millions of visitors?

I think a larger percentage of the millions of visitors to WDW are active on this and other boards than you might think. Let's say there are 100,000 different people who post on Disney fan boards. Each person spends 5 days at Disney a year, attendance wise that's 500,000 visitors, because each person is counted each day they visit I think, could be wrong though. Now let's say that each person who posts on a fan site is part of a household of Disney lovers who share one main account. For example, I usually go to Disney with my family of 4 but i'm the only one with a wdwmagic account so I represent 4 people. If each of the 100,000 posters represent 4 people that's 400,000 visitors and if they spent 5 days at WDW that's 2,000,000 visitors to Disney out of a total of 17,000,000 visitors represented by the people who post on boards. That's probably why Disney seems to pay attention to what people on boards have to say, the number of posters might seem small but it represents a large number of visitors to WDW.

The Mak

I was thinking of something, out of the millions that visit WDW each year, why do only a hundred thousand actually love it enough to post on boards, or have their entire lives devoted to WDW. I guess for some people like me it 'clicked' but why hasn't it clicked for the other millions of visitors?

We're fans because it's easier than being Jets fans...

:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom