Why are some movies ignored?

What Disney movie do you think would make a great ride?

• Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Wreck-It Ralph

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • The Princess and the Frog

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Tangled

Votes: 43 24.3%
  • Up

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • Brave

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Mary Poppins

Votes: 34 19.2%
  • Other

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Magenta Panther

Disney has such a large library of animated movies, most of which I'm sure would make great rides. How come a few of them aren't? Does it really all come down to how much money they make?

And for that matter, what Disney movie do you think would make a fun ride?

VERY good question. Why is Mary Poppins, Walt's greatest live-action success, so ignored in all of the parks? You'd never know that it was a blockbuster and major award-winner, the way it's treated by the Disney parks. It richly deserves a dark ride and its own area - like my Cherry Tree Lane idea for Fantasyland. It was certainly the "Frozen" of its day and certainly belongs in the Parks more than Avatar or Marvel or any other off-studio IPs.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
VERY good question. Why has Mary Poppins, Walt's greatest live-action success, so ignored in all of the parks? You'd never know that it was a blockbuster and major award-winner, the way it's treated by the Disney parks. It richly deserves a dark ride and its own area - like my Cherry Tree Lane idea for Fantasyland. It was certainly the "Frozen" of its day and certainly belongs in the Parks more than Avatar or Marvel or any other off-studio IPs.

I'd be happy that it's at least showcased in GMR..

My personal thought though, I think a really nice little Mary Poppins show should replace the current Little Mermaid show in HS! Just a nice 35-40 minute show... I know it's a small theatre, though. But it'd be a nice little cozy show with highlights from the movie/broadway show.

Heck, I still think Newsies needs a little melody show down the streets of New York! Like a flashmob starting out with "Carrying the Banner," a middle sequence of "King of New York" and a big ending with "Seize the Day"

Kaznagan

Mulan is one of my favourite Disney Movies, so anything based on that would be awesome.
im just imagining a 4d ride right now, splashes of water, cold air to feel like your in the snow, heat from the fireworks.
ok a girl can dream right?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Mulan is one of my favourite Disney Movies, so anything based on that would be awesome.
im just imagining a 4d ride right now, splashes of water, cold air to feel like your in the snow, heat from the fireworks.
ok a girl can dream right?

Anybody else think that Mushu would be better as an interactive experience similar to laugh floor?

wdizneew

I think a Mulan SOMETHING would have been great. It's still really popular with a lot of teenagers/older kids.

Hong Kong Disneyland uses music from Mulan in their fireworks show.

As for Wreck-It Ralph and UP, Disney could utilize some 3D screen system. Universal seems to be pushing out 3D screen based rides every year (Transformers, Gringotts, King Kong etc); Disney could totally do that at DHS lol

I can totally see a Princess and the Frog dark ride that is similar to Little Mermaid. I always thought that one scene of Ariel and Eric kissing on that boat could be used for Tiana and Naveen's frog-to-human transformation in the swamp.

Phineas

black cauldron
Well-for a time, The Horned King was the lead villain in Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour...
Castle%209.jpg

It was a walkthrough attraction, and the finale was a showdown with the Horned King-one younger guest was chosen to draw Taran's sword and do battle with him.

Some further reading: http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Cinderella_Castle_Mystery_Tour

The Black Cauldron is one of my favorites. One of my "fingers crossed" hopes is that Disney will eventually release it on Blu-Ray with the 10-12 minutes removed by Katzenberg restored.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom