Why are some movies ignored?

What Disney movie do you think would make a great ride?

• Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Wreck-It Ralph

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • The Princess and the Frog

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Tangled

Votes: 43 24.3%
  • Up

Votes: 47 26.6%
  • Brave

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Mary Poppins

Votes: 34 19.2%
  • Other

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters

Magenta Panther

Yes! Actors who worked on films with Walt did not work on Disneyland. Also, Harris has worked with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. He is a voice on California Screamin' and has hosted the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT Center on several occasions. His passion for Disneyland is because it is Disneyland, not because it is a Disney branded film focused experience.

I'm willing to bet that Julie and the guy who played Bert enjoy Disneyland as well. But if you're happy with Harris, fine by me. I just hope he does a better hosting job at Disneyland than he did at the Oscars. :p

lazyboy97o

I'm willing to bet that Julie and the guy who played Bert enjoy Disneyland as well. But if you're happy with Harris, fine by me. I just hope he does a better hosting job at Disneyland than he did at the Oscars. :p
But Disney and people like you would be going on and on about Mary Poppins.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
And maybe it's not a great idea for a ride, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact that Bambi is utterly ignored in the parks? If not a ride, then at least some tip of the hat to one of the greats is in order.
What I really don't understand is, why do movies like Song of the South get R-Ticket attractions, and Bambi doesn't even exist
Though I don't think a good ride could come from Bambi, I do agree there needs to be more of a presence in the parks. It's one of the most beautiful films of all time.

EnergyKing

There's just something about Pixar in general that doesn't appeal to me. It doesn't have the timeless quality of hand drawn animation. It's like trying immerse myself into the year 1996, or whenever Toy Story came out. Too glossy, too computerized. Too...modern, if that can be a valid complaint.

I want more rides based on ancient tales that exist in some out of time nightmarish fantasy realm. And if it's going to be a future attraction, then execute it without the use of celebrities, or gross characters from braindead kid flicks.

Last edited:

EnergyKing

I would propose, either make some new rides inspired by long forgotten films, or come up with brand new concepts with brand new characters that could have staying power.

WDW has become movied-out, in my opinion.

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Why can't we have both movie-based rides AND original rides like before? For Disney, it's just the former. But Disney fans seem to want the latter.

lazyboy97o

Why can't we have both movie-based rides AND original rides like before? For Disney, it's just the former. But Disney fans seem to want the latter.
Because it's easier to get people excited about what they already know and Disney doesn't consider theme parks worth the effort.

And there was never really an even mix. Before the recent focus on franchises the parks were mostly originally developed concepts.

Magenta Panther

Well, okay, then: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ont-host-the-oscars-beast-again-10088128.html

Quote from article:
Neil Patrick Harris’s debut as Oscars compere wasn’t exactly “legend….ary” to quote his How I Met Your Mother character Barney. Now, the comic actor has revealed he is unlikely to host the Academy Awards ceremony again because neither “my family, nor my soul” could take it.

After mixed reviews for his performance – which included singing an opening number with Into the Woods' Anna Kendrick and appearance in his white underpants – Harris described the hosting gig as “a beast” said he was doubtful about making a return appearance.

Frankly, though, I don't think there's been a really good Oscars host since Billy Crystal...

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Well, regardless, the Oscars can be a tough gig for anyone, no matter how talented. Letterman bombed, and he's a legend!

The other reason for NPH over Andrews or D Van D is that he's younger. And I don't mean he's more relevant; we don't know if Andrews or DVD can handle the rigors of rehearsals for whatever they have planned, if they want more than just standing and talking.

Disnee4Me

My personal opinion is that once Disney MGM became Disney Hollywood Studios they should have added rides about all the different Disney movies ... what better way to keep the movies in the minds of their guests than to have rides tied into the movies!! For example, the Aladdin carpet ride should be here not at MK.

Missymoe4

I voted for Mary Poppins. Everyone loves flying over London with Peter Pan. The ride could have a little of that before we get to go into one of Burt's drawings and experience the colorful magic and songs there. I would love to be served by those adorable penguins, too! Maybe we. Old even get another restaurant out of it in the Magic Kingdom!:happy:

You two should listen to a podcast special by Lou Mongello (wdwmagic radio). Show #345.

Guess what? There was a ride planned for the MK. It was called "Jolly Holiday". It was a toss up between Mary Poppins and Peter Pan. Roy Disney pulled the plug on Mary.

Then it was a possibility in England at Epcot. When they were looking into this possibility, they decided not to have too much "Disney" in the country's. Fast forward 20 years or so, and we have Frozen going into Norway. My-oh-my how things have changed!

Anyhow, do listen to the podcast. I love everything and anything Mary...and I see that I have fellow Mary Lover's like myself. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom