Why AP Holders are waiting in line for hours to pay $20....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not a bad idea, but to do this would mean significant capital investment, the replacement of many popular clssic attractions, and take many years to complete before visitors would see relief from overcrowding. Disney could literally solve the issue tomorrow if it really wanted to by restructuring its admission program and/or strictly limiting the number of people admitted each day. It's not a complicated problem to solve.

Well it is a complicated problem to solve.

They can't just simply lower park capacity as that would eliminate profits. Making one of the most profitable parks in P&R that keeps the rest afloat less profitable is not an option. So that's out and will likely never be a real option anyways. And really what it would mean if it ever did happen would be higher in-park prices for everything from drinks to merch to more of those upcharge events that everyone here likes to complain about. As they would have to make up those profits elsewhere.

They already have been restructuring the admission by raising prices. Add that to no longer selling the lowest tier AP, raising prices and restructuring blackout dates for the others. More of that will come. This will have a large impact.

Capacity is being added with new attractions being added in both parks over the next 2-3 years. With more rumored on the way with the TL redo, FL expansion, TT overhaul, more changes to DCA, etc. This will have the largest impact.

fctiger

Wow yet another 'get rid of the AP program' thread. I thought this was only regulated to another Disney site. But yeah won't happen, nor should it. APs are the life bread of all theme parks worldwide, has been for decades. Disney makes an incredible amount of money from these people, who I'm guessing the majority never go more than a few times a year anyway.

And I owned an AP once, seven years ago. We always think to get another one but basically been locked out due to the costs or we wouldn't go that much a year to justify the costs. But yeah many do, good for them.

Phroobar

The solution to Disneyland's problems is for everyone to burn their AP card and never use fastpass or maxipass or whatever they call it now. The park functioned much better when everyone paid equally to use the park and there wasn't a class system for waiting in lines.

I challenge all of you to cancel your AP card for 3 years. If you do go to the parks, always use the standby line even if you're a tourist from the midwest and stop planning your day to the minute. That is lame WDW thinking.

Oh, and stop using the dinning show plans. You are just encouraging them! Stop wasting you money on bad food just so you can see Fantasmic from a slightly better viewpoint. Just do what people have done traditionally and eat first then go see the show.

DanielBB8

The solution to Disneyland's problems is for everyone to burn their AP card and never use fastpass or maxipass or whatever they call it now. The park functioned much better when everyone paid equally to use the park and there wasn't a class system for waiting in lines.

I challenge all of you to cancel your AP card for 3 years. If you do go to the parks, always use the standby line even if you're a tourist from the midwest and stop planning your day to the minute. That is lame WDW thinking.

Oh, and stop using the dinning show plans. You are just encouraging them! Stop wasting you money on bad food just so you can see Fantasmic from a slightly better viewpoint. Just do what people have done traditionally and eat first then go see the show.
Why cancel? Just don’t renew. I allowed my AP to expire since the construction made the parks miserable and the lack of parking intolerable. I won’t return until 2020, at least a year after Star Wars Land and the new Parking Structure are opened.

Fastpass and the Dining show packages helped to make the crowds less horrific so I will still use them. Your solution is irrelevant. There’s plenty of people who don’t plan a trip. That’s them in the back rows and waiting in Standby wasting time. They are not my problem.

TROR

Yeah but Disney doesn't care that you don't care. Its not about you, its about them and their bottom line. You going or not over it doesn't mean much to them.
Yea but if you're trying to sway my opinion regarding the AP program, you should probably use a better argument than Disney will put less into their pockets.

fctiger

Yea but if you're trying to sway my opinion regarding the AP program, you should probably use a better argument than Disney will put less into their pockets.

Yeah but that's the basic argument to why its there, right? Until someone can come up with an argument of how they are losing money over it, then its here to stay.

Here is a question for everyone: Has any theme park anywhere has ever eliminated their AP program? If you or anyone can come up with at least one then maybe there is an argument to be made. But if you can't find one in all the parks worldwide then that should tell you its not going anywhere for a reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom