Who's up at the crack of dawn?

What do you do?

• Total voters

L Fisher

My whole family is like that when we visit WDW..Want to get there early for EMH, but we only stay late at the MK...You're not crazy you just like Disney!

LudwigVonDrake

I used to be an open to closer but I have found that as I get older, it doesn't work as well for me. So I'm always there until closing but don't get to the parks until about 10:00 and usually go back to the hotel in the middle of the afternoon for the pool or watch some Appliance Direct Commercials.

I LOVE APPLIANCES!!!!!! :)

Gucci65

Open till close - but I go off-peak, so that's about 9 till 9, head back to hotel, fall asleep then repeat.

Me too.

On the night we stay out for MVMCP - I'm wiped out the next morning when I get up at 6am BUT I get "up and at 'em" anyway:sohappy:

I'll sleep when I get home.....

CelticRose

Opening to Closing, I am there!!!! I have some of the best early morning photos of the MK without all the crowds.

Whe we go in May, we will have our DS, DIL and DGS with us, DS and DGS are early risers, but DIL is not, that girl could sleep all day,:brick:

So DH said if they are not ready when we are, we will just leave without them :drevil:

I think that since it will be hers and the DGS first time they will want to get up early........

:sohappy: :sohappy: 106 Days and I am there, Dole whip in Hand, DGS in tow:sohappy: :sohappy:

:sohappy: 18th Anniversary trip to WDW:sohappy:

wild01ride

David Brent said:
Everyone in the office has woken up at the crack of Dawn at one time or another
:lol:

Seriously though, I've always tried to be there for park opening, but no one I've travelled with has been up to the challenge (with any consistency).

This time's gonna be different...as I told my girlfriend this time, we're stickin' to "The Pirate Code": "Anyone who falls behind, gets left behind!"

She says she's committed to upholding the code (don't quite know which end of the code she'll be on...I could be pleasantly surprised...ok, probably not!)

Nonetheless, I've got an appointment with the MK opening ceremony this Sunday...and I'm "stickin' to the Code!"

golferetk1

When we head to WDW (my girlfriend and I), we get to the parks at pretty much opening. Then we have dinner reservations for after the park closes. And then finally we head out to PI for a night cap, usually bringing us into bed at around 1:30 or 2 a.m. Then we wake up at 7 and do it all over again. So enough crying about not getting any sleep, sleep when you go home!!:lol:

MeTa

When we go its usually with family, and my mother and mother-in-law are both disney freaks (especially my mother) and we like to call the times we wake up the "Butt Crack of Dawn" and as much as I love Disney, I still call my time there a "vacation" and like to act like its that sometimes....not wake up earlier than I do to go to work.:lookaroun

harryk

:xmas: Figure out which park want to visit the next day and rise early, have light breakfast and head on out. Always see the fireworks at which-ever park visiting but save the Animal Kingdom later in visit since it closes early and have dinner at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jiko's is great!!. Since we go in December all the parks close relatively early (except Epcot). But always take part in MVMCP - which is late. If at MGM, will visit the Fantazmic fireworks and then the Festival of Lights which close the park.
December is fast becoming a high occupancy time - more and more people are discovering the joys of DisneyWorld in December.
321 Days to Villas at Wilderness Lodge:xmas:

eroyee

:wave: When DH and I were there in December, we were the first 2 people thru the turnstiles at Epcot one EMH morning. that was so cool. I just turned around and threw my arms up and yelled yaaaay!! :lol:

WDWRLD

We also are there for opening and dont leave till closing. But we do leave just after lunch and go back to the room or do something else to take a break before returning to the parks around dinner time and stay till close or the end of EMH which has been as late as 3 am. We always go when the park house are late, I like the parks best at night.

Gorjus

People, People, People...

First, if you want to get up early and others in the party want to sleep in, when you get back to the hotel one night, do all your showering and getting ready. Then wake up early and head on out. When the sleepy heads get up they can join you where you are. Everybody wins. By the way this usually only works if you are staying on property and one of you can use Disney transportation and the other can use the car and/or Disney Transportation.

and/or

Pick one day where you go to a park really early, take a break and then go back at night or stay all day. Then the next day, sleep in and go somewhere late. Goodness knows that you can get real tired real easy just from walking around. So head back to the hotel early that night, get a good night's sleep and have another early morning the next day. Every other day is an early morning and every other day is a sleep in day. I suggest alcohol on the shorter days that you need to get to bed early and wake up early.

DisneyMarg

BTW, getting up early one day during that trip we got to see the shuttle from AS:Movies go up. Beautiful sight with the sun rising and that plume of smoke coming out of the shuttle.

I read that as: we got to see the shuttle from AS:Movies go up, and was going to ask what type of ceremony do they do to send a shuttle up from AS: Movies? Then I figured it out. Duh.:hammer::lol:

Back on topic
Go before parks open.
Come back for the best naps I ever get anywhere.
Go back until park closes or midnight, whichever comes first

LaughingGravy

People, People, People...
First, if you want to get up early and others in the party want to sleep in, when you get back to the hotel one night, do all your showering and getting ready. Then wake up early and head on out. When the sleepy heads get up they can join you where you are. Everybody wins. By the way this usually only works if you are staying on property and one of you can use Disney transportation and the other can use the car and/or Disney Transportation.

I tried jokingly suggesting that briefly, but my wife didn't like the idea of me leaving early only to leave her to get the girls up, dressed and meet them someplace, where I knew the park like the back of my hand and they didn't.

Instead, since the WDW body clock woke me up, I was dressed and the first one at the food court to be able to bring a nice warm breakfast back to the rest in the room as incentive to get up and Lets Go!

Gorjus

Could you compromise? One day, you get to get up early and head to the parks to do it your way. She takes care of the kids. Another night, she gets to go to a spa for a massage and you put the kids to bed. How old are the kids?

tink68

If I had my choice I would be up early and stay until close, however, I have a family that would sleep all day if I would let them. We can only go to DW one time a year so I do not think you should waste that time sleeping. hehe I like to get there first thing in the morning when it is not too crowded yet and stay until late but we do move around between the parks. The next time we go we are taking our 2 year old and will prob. have to have a nap time. Don't know if I will be able to handle that or not. :lookaroun

I am more of a person that goes to the parks about an hour after opening and staying until closing. Over the past few years it seems as if I am in "attraction mode" everytime I step through the turnstiles and into the parks-that is quickly doing everything in a short time. If my party and I could pace ourselves, I'm sure we could spend a whole day at one park.

"There's a great, big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of everyday."

BrittanyRose428

this isnt really about a park, but when i stayed at the grand floridian in august we hadda check out around 4 AM to catch our plane and there was actually a good amount of guests just kinda walkin around the gf at 4 in the morning, like just kinda sittin in the lobby and walkin around outside and there was a group of people with ice cream, just thought that was weird

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom