Who's up at the crack of dawn?

What do you do?

• Total voters

gjpjtj

We are up early usually getting to the parks close to opening. Then we take the midday break, and go back around 4pm, till park closing.:)

Epcot82Guy

While it depends on many factos (i.e. time of year, who I am with), I try to get there close to opening and stay until close - or at least until the final "show" wherever I am at. When we were kids, we would drive over and always get there within a 1/2 hour of opening, and leaving before close was NOT an option. Ever. ha ha

hcswingfield

We don't always stay till close - esp when there are extended hours, but we are almost always there at park opening. Our last trip we were the first ones through the turnstiles at all 4 parks! We don't need to set an alarm clock. We're too excited to sleep!:sohappy:

BG Rugger

Get there around 8 & leave later than the rush. It gives us plenty of time at the parks but dont have to get up too early. I get up at 4:45 each morning anyway, so its not that big of a deal.

mrtoad

I put from opening to closing but that is not every day but the majority.

I am as a whole a night person and despise mornings but when we go to WDW I want to be there when it opens. You can do so much in a short period of time as the parks are less crowded. The only time we do not arrive before or at opening is if we had a special breakfast planned but that is unually only one time. We also like to stay until closing but having a small child there are times it does not happen. If my daughter is tired I would rather go home early and let her have a nice night sleep so we can get up and go rather than a long night and sleep in.

I actually prefer the parks at night as I think they look so night at night but they are also more crowded.

willythelab

awakening at ak

If you do nothing else early, get to ak for the awakening and an early safari. both are amazing experiences. Disneyland in Cali has days where they are open for resort guests from 6a to 12a. We did an 18 hour day there once. I almost died and gained 20 lbs in one day.

Jerm

I go more during the off season so my timing might not be the crack of dawn, but I am up and there for opening. My normal day at WDW is up and out by the time most people are getting up to go to the parks. I like to do rope drop and play in that park till it starts to get busy then off to the next park. I try to limit it to max of 2 parks I might hit in one day, but some times if it is too slow I do 3. I stick around till park close or till AC is open (which ever may come first) then I stick around there till about 2am then back to the hotel for a nap then back at it the next day.

J

rljackson

It is 6:23 am and I am heading over to Magic Kingdom in about 30 minutes. Will be there till close! Am in town for business on Monday and could not resist a couple of days in the parks.

Laura

I usually sleep in till about 10 a.m., take it easy in the morning, then get to the parks around noon. After experimenting with different things, I've found that we are able to do more with less grumpiness if we get some down time.

We'll only get up early if we're gonna go out to breakfast, or if we're going to Animal Kingdom since it closes so early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom