Who's up at the crack of dawn?

What do you do?

• Total voters

Disneyfan2000

Original Poster
Hey everyone just wanted to see if there is anyone out there as crazy as me, becuase when i go to WDW i set my alarm for 5 and get to the park by 6. this is during the buisy season so the parks open at like 7. and also i stay still the last person leaves. My parents tihnk im insane. i meet up with them at 9 am somewhere then we split apart again after the night time shows casue my little brother always gets cranky.:hammer:

frankd1962

For the last number of years, my body clock is always awking me up between 4 & 5am no matter what.

When we went in 2000, we were hoping to sleep in a little bit BUT my daugther had her Squirtle watch on and at 3am it went off. "Time to Catch Pokemon." Over and over BUT THE DAMN THING DIDN'T WAKE HER and it was right under her ear!!!!!!!!!!! My ex and myself jumped out of bed wonder what it was because the room we were in was in a section that was so quiet you could hear pins dropping on the grass. So we were wide awake and started working on the stickers for our Epcot Passposrt while the Pokemon Queen slept through her watch and the wakeup call we had set up.

Advice to parents: Leave the character watches with alarms in them at home. You'll enjoy your sleep better.

BTW, getting up early one day during that trip we got to see the shuttle from AS:Movies go up. Beautiful sight with the sun rising and that plume of smoke coming out of the shuttle.

DiPSU224

We tried doing the early morning opening to the late EMH's, but it only wears us down too quickly and makes us cranky. We always do park opening at the MK, but we prefer to go back and take a nap before dinner. Helps us to enjoy ourselves better. It's very rare we leave a park at night before closing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am up at the crack of dawn when I am at WDW. I like to get to the parks at least 1/2 hour before they open. My family on the other hand does not share this trait with me. Getting them up and moving in the morning is always a challenge and they never seem to hold out until closing.

Bunch of wimps!

I need a new family!:lol:

maggiegrace1

I am up at the crack of dawn when I am at WDW. I like to get to the parks at least 1/2 hour before they open. My family on the other hand does not share this trait with me. Getting them up and moving in the morning is always a challenge and they never seem to hold out until closing.

Bunch of wimps!

I need a new family!:lol:
:lol:
I love to be there before it opens also....Its the best time..:)

diddy_mouse

I've entertained the idea of arriving when the park opens, but I've come to realize I can't do it! However, DH and I *always* stay til closing. And if the parks are closing early (like at 9) we spend the rest of the night in DTD usually shopping around World of Disney. :D

bigorangeandy

We go in the summer so it is best to be up and moving before it gets crazy hot. I can get up and going and usually the kids do ok the first few days but then they begin to wear down. A lot of times we will come back and relax in the early afternoon, then hit a park after dinner time. Of course after a week of up early, and to bed late it makes me wish I could take a rest when I get home. In six more years my kids will out of the house and we can go when it is not so hot, or crowded!

Raven66

We are open to close people. By the end of the week, we are arguing about who has to get up first, tho.:eek: Even then we are still there before opening.

KrazyKemp

In all of the Disney vacations I have had, I have ALWAYS traveled with someone who wants to sleep in. I have never had the opportunity to "open" the park...

But this year it'll be different! This year, I'm taking my fiance with me...and she's an early riser anyway.

So...very soon I will be an "open to close" kind of guy!

Senderella

We tried doing the early morning opening to the late EMH's, but it only wears us down too quickly and makes us cranky. We always do park opening at the MK, but we prefer to go back and take a nap before dinner. Helps us to enjoy ourselves better. It's very rare we leave a park at night before closing.

Same here. We did the super early opening thing our first trip in 05 and never again! We wipe out entirely too early. Now, if I make breakfast ADRs, I'll make them for oh 10 and head to the parks after that. If we don't have breakfast ADRs we'll leave the hotel at like 11. If we take those extra few hours to sleep in and take our time, we're much more likely to stay until park close without fussing much in general or at each other. My MIL went with us this past trip in October. She's one of those 5am types, but she enjoyed being able to lounge around and relax w/ her coffee until we got up & moving.

dazzer68

yep open till close
get there early to see the characters arriving 'to work' by train and the opening parade, all the singing and dancing on the main street station, and the rope drop .stay till closing never seen the kiss goodnight thing tho'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom