Who's Excited for their Next Disney trip? Details and why.

Bryan Slater

I'm currently going for 6-28-16 to 7-9-16. 12 days and 11 nights. Flying from Pa to Fl with my wife, 2 kids and my father, staying at all star movies. I personally can't wait to see my kids face when I surprise them with the Disney tripand new outfits for everyday. I've bought glow things for the night and bubbles for the day. I've ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered to our first restaurant we are eating at. Such has the princess first wish for my daughter and blanket and stuffed Pluto for my son, a pen with Pop Pop for my father, Wish bracelet for wife and flowers and balloons for all, coloring books and crayons. Then when we get back to the room I have the grand magical Mickey and Minnie welcome theme in the room waiting. I also have the Pirates and Pals voyage booked, the boutique and Harmony Barber shop booked. Dinners w fatasmic show, be our guest,Ohana,tusker house, crystal palace,Cinderellas castle, chef mickeys,cape may,1900,plaza,akershus,Hollywood,whispering canyon. They don't know yet so I couldn't hold it in and posted it on here to see what other people thought of how I did. Couple of surprises here and there for them also such has the Disney pins and lanyard with 30 each for the kids and new shoes and sandals. I'll be posting pictures and videos to document the trip.

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
@Bryan Slater - Your trip sounds great with lots of activities. If you have any down time, your little ones might enjoy Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing Along. It's located at Fort Wilderness and it's free. They have wagon rides too for a small cost. Have a great trip. You have planned very well and are sure to make some wonderful memories with your family.
Thank you For the advice. I was looking at that and I like the idea that you can bring your own supply's or buy theirs.

Upvote 0

Briddle

First time poster here. Your plans sound amazing! I've seen some videos of kids being told "We're going to Disney right now!!" and the excitement always brings a little tear to my eye.

My next trip is April 24-30th and I'm excited because it will be our honeymoon! It will be our third time to Disney and we'll be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter. It'll be our first time at a non-value resort so we're excited about that, too. And after our week at Disney we'll be departing on a West Caribbean cruise with Disney for another 7 days! Neither of us have ever done a cruise before but we're very excited. At this point it's just hard to stay focused at work knowing our wedding and vacation are less than a month away.

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
First time poster here. Your plans sound amazing! I've seen some videos of kids being told "We're going to Disney right now!!" and the excitement always brings a little tear to my eye.

My next trip is April 24-30th and I'm excited because it will be our honeymoon! It will be our third time to Disney and we'll be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter. It'll be our first time at a non-value resort so we're excited about that, too. And after our week at Disney we'll be departing on a West Caribbean cruise with Disney for another 7 days! Neither of us have ever done a cruise before but we're very excited. At this point it's just hard to stay focused at work knowing our wedding and vacation are less than a month away.
Congrats and enjoy your honeymoon.

Upvote 0

Dawg4Mickey

For Us I think I am most excited for our next Trip to Disney (Aug 16-25). the biggest reason is that we have not been since 2011 and so much has changed, especially with Fantasyland so I am excited to see the new things and enjoy some of the old staples that we were fond of during our last trip. I am also excited because we are trying different dining options this time, but will be sticking to some of the favorites as well. I so cannot wait for this trip as it will be our real first vacation as a family since 2012 and what better vacation can I ask for than a trip to the Most Magical Place On Earth.

Upvote 0

LindsaySue2

Yeah I'm excited. I have been several times and my trip is several months away but I'm already obsessing over the details. What FastPasses am I going to get? Where am I going to eat. What's new? Whats closed? How busy is it going to be? How hot is going to be? (The answer is very hot and very busy I'm going in July). Also I'm on this forum everyday now so I would say I'm excited. I just want to win the lottery so I can go everyday!! It would probably lose its magic if I went everyday so maybe I wouldn't go everyday but many times a year. I want to win the lottery regardless.

Upvote 0

LindsaySue2

Awwww sounds wonderful. We are doing POFQ in July. We've stayed at Riverside before but never French Quarter. You will have to let us know if you like it. Congrats! Hope your wedding goes smoothly and your honeymoon is magical.

Upvote 0

jrogue

I'm super excited! Just 73 days left for me!! :) I'm taking my sister on our very first trip with just the two of us. We haven't been since 2013, and we've always been with our parents, and sometimes boyfriends. It's going to get REAL once I am able to make my FP+ reservations. It'll be my first time doing it!

All the other details in my pre trip report: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/t-minus-10-weeks.911690/#post-7146764

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
Upvote 0

jrogue

I'm currently going for 6-28-16 to 7-9-16. 12 days and 11 nights. Flying from Pa to Fl with my wife, 2 kids and my father, staying at all star movies. I personally can't wait to see my kids face when I surprise them with the Disney tripand new outfits for everyday. I've bought glow things for the night and bubbles for the day. I've ordered a bunch of stuff to be delivered to our first restaurant we are eating at. Such has the princess first wish for my daughter and blanket and stuffed Pluto for my son, a pen with Pop Pop for my father, Wish bracelet for wife and flowers and balloons for all, coloring books and crayons. Then when we get back to the room I have the grand magical Mickey and Minnie welcome theme in the room waiting. I also have the Pirates and Pals voyage booked, the boutique and Harmony Barber shop booked. Dinners w fatasmic show, be our guest,Ohana,tusker house, crystal palace,Cinderellas castle, chef mickeys,cape may,1900,plaza,akershus,Hollywood,whispering canyon. They don't know yet so I couldn't hold it in and posted it on here to see what other people thought of how I did. Couple of surprises here and there for them also such has the Disney pins and lanyard with 30 each for the kids and new shoes and sandals. I'll be posting pictures and videos to document the trip.
Btw, this sounds like an absolutely amazing trip and I am super jealous! I am sure they will love it -- it sounds like a bunch of incredible surprises!

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
Btw, this sounds like an absolutely amazing trip and I am super jealous! I am sure they will love it -- it sounds like a bunch of incredible surprises!
I'll be posting pictures and videos of this trip. 89 days away lol. I've added the story book moment to breakfast at chef mickeys. Mickey will give it to my son n Minnie to my daughter. I'm hooked. I book so many trips for friends and family that it makes me want to move to Florida

Upvote 0

PSUDisney77

Going from May 1st through the 6th with my wife, sister in law and her 3 kids(my nephews are 9 and 7, my niece is 5). My wife and I are super excited to be taking all of them on their first trip to WDW and we ourselves haven't been since 2007. Staying at All Star Movies. The only part that I'm iffy on is the drive from PA to FL. I've always flown, but to cut on costs for 6 people it made more sense to drive. Can't wait to see the reactions on the kids faces to everything Disney! :D

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Original Poster
Going from May 1st through the 6th with my wife, sister in law and her 3 kids(my nephews are 9 and 7, my niece is 5). My wife and I are super excited to be taking all of them on their first trip to WDW and we ourselves haven't been since 2007. Staying at All Star Movies. The only part that I'm iffy on is the drive from PA to FL. I've always flown, but to cut on costs for 6 people it made more sense to drive. Can't wait to see the reactions on the kids faces to everything Disney! :D
Allegiant has great prices. The drive from pa to fl not to bad at at. Leave late at night if you can and drive through the night to miss traffic in Dc/Balt and Richmond Va. I drove that trip many times. I ran a logistics company.

Upvote 0

PSUDisney77

Allegiant has great prices. The drive from pa to fl not to bad at at. Leave late at night if you can and drive through the night to miss traffic in Dc/Balt and Richmond Va. I drove that trip many times. I ran a logistics company.

I didn't look into Allegiant, but I think we're pretty much set on driving now. We're coming from western PA, so everything I've read says to go through WV and it skips the DC/MD/VA mess. Thanks for the tip on driving at night, it might help that the kids will be asleep.

Upvote 0

KikoKea

I'm excited because our next trip is the first week of Dec and it will be our house hunting trip for our move to the Orlando area. The weeks are marked on my calendar so the countdown has officially begun. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

29 days til our May trip! Going for 7 days, 6 nights. Excited and also feeling a little weird/sad since it is our first trip without either of the kids. (Now 21 & 18) Hoping I will at least have my son join us for a couple of days in late August/September for MNSSHP! Going 10 days then too. Very excited to see Club Villain in May, even if I did have to pay to finally meet Maleficent. ;)

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

The best part of looking forward to your next Disney trip is knowing that even when you go almost annually, Disney is constantly changing, updating and adding new experiences and adventures so there's always something different to find and enjoy. For us, it will be a very long wait. We are planning to go back in 2018 (we have our wedding this summer, and an Aulani honeymoon next year). But the longer wait for us will make it all the more special! To all of you going this year: enjoy and I can't wait to read what you think of all the new stuff!

Upvote 0

LSUxStitch

20 days for us!

Why we are excited: My wife and I have been to Disney countless numbers of times, I used did the college program and lived/breathed Disney for those 8 months, have celebrated anniversaries, babymoon's, etc. What makes this one so special is that we get to share what we love with our daughter who will be 11 months and a week during our trip, to celebrate the big ONE. I would have preferred to be there on her actual birthday, May 23, but traded lighter crowds in first week of May for the possibility of it being more crowded in later May.

We're not sure what to expect, but we know we won't be able to do park open to park close and run around from fastpass to fastpass like we are used to, but it'll be awesome I'm sure.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom