Who would be a great alternative to Rock N Rollercoaster?

JustAFan

The Who or Queen, but Disney would never pay for the rights to either.

I was thinking the Beatles along the same line, but I can't picture most of their music fitting on a roller coaster.
Moot point since it will never happen, but the Beatles would be interesting. A lot of their songs would not fit, but the first one I thought of that would fit is 'Help'.

The beginning of Sgt Pepper could also work.

Shelen74

I always thought ZZTop would have been an awesome band to feature on that ride, that iconic look and maybe a peppers ghost of the infamous hitchhiking ZZtop spearing and disappearing on the side of the road from Give me all your loving. I also thought maybe AC/DC or Guns n Roses.
With the way Disney’s going these days they stuff some IP in there so it probably wouldn’t be music related at all but it would be the Incredibles coaster to fit in with that area

Tom Morrow

This topic has been discussed since literally 1999. In the age of social media, I don't think it would be possible to pick a band that wouldn't result in complaints. Aerosmith was kind of "grandfathered in", if you will.

The solution, should pigs fly and they opt to not turn it into an IP experience, would be as mentioned in some posts and videos linked - turn it into a more timeless tribute to music.

cookiee_munster

LOVE the idea of Teeth and the Electric Mayhem that's brilliant and a great way to extend the muppet theme further into the park :) if they could do some of their own stuff as well as a load of rock covers that would be pretty great! :)

I would have also suggested Daft Punk, but there's Tron now... plus they have split up.

The Chemical Brothers are a great band that use a lot of visuals with their music, but that leans more towards the theme at paris with all the lighting than the fictional stretch limo going to a gig theme in florida.

Splashin' Ryan

I really don't see them retheming the ride to any single music group again. Despite TDC making shortsighted IP decisions lately, I think even they know that a single music group would not work for everyone nowadays. And if it did it wouldn't work long.
The IP route would surprisingly work best with this one, but of course, when we ask for IP integration we don't get it, but when we don't want it, it's dumped all over us.

Ellen Ripley

The problem with changing the artist of Rock n' Rollercoaster, is that there will never be a majority happy with the change. The novelty of speakers on a rollercoaster has passed, and it's time for a complete retheme away from music.

What I would personally like to see, is a retheme to a run-down part of town in 1940s L.A. to go with the classic Hollywood theme. Guests enter into a warehouse full of stolen goods before gangsters arrive and they escape out the back, boarding the coaster. At the point where it currently counts down before launching, recreate a scene like The Public Enemy from the Great Movie Ride, where a car pulls up and guests find themselves in the middle of a shootout. When the train launches, the theming can be adjusted accordingly to the 1940s theme.

An Ed Wood coaster would be killer too. Traveling through LA, escaping Tor Johnson and giant Octopi. Wasn't it the same Octopus from the 20,000 Leagues film?

Ghost93

I think if Rock N' Roller Coaster was rethemed it wouldn't be to another band, but rather a popular Disney IP such as Frozen, Zootopia, Star Wars or Marvel (if it's centered around an obscure character that Universal Studios hasn't gotten its hands-on).

Jimmy Thick

Aerosmith is the greatest Rock and Roll band America has ever or will ever produce. The Eagles are up there but a lot of their material is far too depressing. Guns and Roses would probably be the only logical replacement but if Aerosmith ever decide to pull out personally I would scrap the ride and begin anew with something else.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Miley Cyrus. Instead of a guitar with the tune trail leading to the entrance, it could be her face and the trail her tongue.

Cmdr_Crimson

Miley Cyrus. Instead of a guitar with the tune trail leading to the entrance, it could be her face and the trail her tongue.
jim-carrey-puke.gif

jpinkc

Ozzie or Metallica good, BUT AC/DC FOR THE WIN!!!! Thunder Struck, FOR Those About to Rock, Highway to Hell, Dirty Deeds, Problem Child, TNT Whole lotta Rosie, Ride On, Back in Black, Hells Bells!!! Sold more albums than any other Rock band. The End Done Put up the New Signage :D

35647.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom