Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I heard this show would be having its final episode next week! What will this mean for the attractions at the parks?

WDWFREAK53

I highly doubt that it will have an impact on the WDW attraction...
Disney put too much money into the attraction to close it this early...and it's POPULAR!

The_CEO

The only thing i see changing about the attraction is that the Grand Prize wont be tickets to see the show in NY. ;)

WDWspider

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
The only thing i see changing about the attraction is that the Grand Prize wont be tickets to see the show in NY. ;)

I think this is one of the best attraction ideas in a long time, actually be on a mock game show and win stuff too. I haven't been yet, but will be in Nov. Why don't they just tape several of the Studios shows each day and get collections of the best runs together and air them on Disney channel or ABC Family each night. That would be a cheap way to keep the Millionaire action on TV and make people more excited and intemidated that theymight be on tv when they get back home. With several of these attractions open now I'm sure they could get enough footage each day.

TravisMT81

I got tired of the show so when I went to MGM I was not excited to go, but I went along and I love the show, so much fun in person!! -Trav

MKingdom25

I agree with the others that Who Wants to be a Millionaire? isn't going anywhere. Some reasons:
1.) Not only cost but also they had to change part of the stages in Backlot to get this in.
2.) Still very popular.
3.) Unlike TV show, burnout is not likely to happen since only going a few times a year/trip vs. multiple times a week (TV show)
4.) People love shows with prizes, whatever they are.
5.) Guests like rides/shows where they interact.

Alot of this stuff has already been mentioned but I thought I'd summarize! :)

TURKEY

Originally posted by MKingdom25
I agree with the others that Who Wants to be a Millionaire? isn't going anywhere. Some reasons:
1.) Not only cost but also they had to change part of the stages in Backlot to get this in.
2.) Still very popular.
3.) Unlike TV show, burnout is not likely to happen since only going a few times a year/trip vs. multiple times a week (TV show)
4.) People love shows with prizes, whatever they are.
5.) Guests like rides/shows where they interact.

Alot of this stuff has already been mentioned but I thought I'd summarize! :)

Even though I am an adult, it's cool that kids can play the game at WDW.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

I agree turkey leg boy. That's a good thing about WDW: it puts kids and adults all on the same level. At what does that mean for us adults? We act like kids! :lol:

Invero

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Yes, I think this is great as well... And they can even bring a parent along with them, if they choose. It's funny though... I've seen some kids get further in the show than thier adult counterparts! :)

prberk

Show not completely cancelled

Don't forget that the TV show is not completely cancelled. It is actually going back to the way it began: as a series of special runs during the fall.

So, while it will not be on weekly, it is still on television. That is, the Regis Philbin edition. The daytime edition, with a different host, will be on daily in syndication throughout the country. So, the show itself is anything but gone...

bgraham34

My friend made it this past January. The funny thing was he finished first and got the hotseat. I finished second barely behind him. So it could have been me. He lost on the 125k question. I do not recall the question. But it was a blast seeing my friend up there.

Jeremy22

Hi, I have been lurking on these message boards for a few months and this is my first post. So hi everyone.

I was in WDW last year over New Year's, and I made it to the hot seat and it was just the most fantastic experience. I didn't make it in the fastest finger round, but on the second round, I got the highest score. I made it all the way to the $500,000 question. The question that I lost on was: What entertainer became a star when he appeared in the musical "Pal Joey". I guessed Frank Sinatra -- wrong. The correct answer was Gene Kelly. Pretty obscure question.

I often think that I was only 1 question from the $1 million dollar question and it drives me nuts! But I have no regrets about it at all. It was the best experience I ever had at Disney. I won the hat, the polo shirt, and all those pins. I wore the polo shirt the next day in the parks, and a lot of the cast members asked me where I got it and if I made it to the hot seat. That was so cool.

I really hope this attraction doesn't close, because it was so much fun. We went back to see it 3 more times during our visit. I was with my brother, and he made it to the top ten high scorers, but didn't make it to the hot seat. It really was a great experience for me. The rest of the trip I was just flying high. It was awesome.

brandonz

I made it to the hotseat last October. I made it to the 64000 question but lost. But what i left with wasnt to bad...LOL a hat, polo shirt, lanyard, and 10 pins...they give you a paper after you are done telling you rules and stuff and it said it had an estimated retail value of $167 i think. But it was an awesome experience since i know i wouldnt make it to the hot seat in new york...LOL

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by MKingdom25
Has anybody in here actually got to the coveted hot seat?

my boyfirend was number one right after the second person of the "show" went. so if only they would have gonewith THREE people that game....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom