Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Testtrack321

The DCA versoin might close down, but my idea would be to send the million point winner to DL or WDW (depending on where they win) for a few days and go to their Millionaire for a special visit.

BTW, I got in the hot seat.

Chris

I was at DCA last week and did Millionaire. They are still saying that the Million Point Winners will get a trip to NY for a taping of the real show. Maybe they are just relying on no one winning or maybe they are planning to bring it back later on.

WDWFREAK53

I heard that the actual SHOW had been cancelled but they will still film the game and just air them at certain times of the year...like they used to do. Like, have a week span of shows...and then go 3 months without it, and then another week, etc.

Jeremy22

Originally posted by MKingdom25
Silly question for Jeremy22 & brandonz. Do you have digital pictures of any the prizes?

MKingdom25,
I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll try to take some and post them soon.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I heard that the actual SHOW had been cancelled but they will still film the game and just air them at certain times of the year...like they used to do. Like, have a week span of shows...and then go 3 months without it, and then another week, etc.

They should have started doing this a while ago...people get sick of Regis after a while...and game shows tend to lose their excitement, too. I know when it first came on, I watched it every night...but I haven't seen it in months, now...

Jeremy22

Here are the pictures of the stuff that I won.

The Hat is won at the 1000 point level

Attachments

• mhat.jpg
    mhat.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 116

Jeremy22

Lastly, here are the pins that I won. I only got to keep the pins up to the safe point (32,000). Not a big deal to me, I am not a pin collector.

Attachments

• mpins.jpg
    mpins.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 116

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
The only thing i see changing about the attraction is that the Grand Prize wont be tickets to see the show in NY. ;)
That would be something if you won tickets to the show after it was cancelled. :D

thumper

I was in the hot seat as well when my husband and I were there a month ago. We were seated in the audience and someone else won the fastest finger question. While that player was in the hot seat, they periodically showed the audience standings. The first time, I saw my Seat Number was #8 in the standings. When that player was done, they showed the audience standings to see who would be the next player..and it was Seat 436..me!

I have to agree with Jeremy..it was the most incredible experience, yet extremely nerve-racking at the same time. It's not every day when 500 people are staring down at you and your mug shot is on these huge TV screens! I think my husband was more shocked than I was. At the time, the $1M prize was a trip to NY. I was the joke of the game since we're from NY and we live an hour north of the city. When the show ended, they asked me to participate and finish up starting with the next show. They were so nice to my husband and I while we were inside the studio waiting for the next show to begin. As the people were exiting the first show, strangers were coming up to me wishing me luck.

I eventually bombed on the 32K question and therefore went back to 1,000 points. It was a little embarrassing since I knew the answer if I really thought about it. But it didn't matter...I won a lanyard, the hat and some pins. I think the sign off sheet said about $67 worth of merchandise. For the rest of the day, we were still in a state of shock that I actually made it on ( I admit, we even had to call the parents and in-laws from MGM that night to tell them!)
:)

I got into the hotseat as well. On the last day, I went to 3 shows, and the third time was the charm! I was at the top of the leaderboard when the person in the hot seat messed up. I also got to the 32,000 point question and missed it. But I do wear the hat you win a lot, and will definitely be taking it next time I go.

By the way, that hot seat is pretty comfortable, isn't it?

I also agree about being a little unnerving sitting there, but the audience applauding when you get questions right gave me courage.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom