Who Wants A Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Dark Ride?!

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Tomorrowland, it’s crazy how bare that was when the MK first opened!

It's pretty bare right now. Stitch is no more, Wedway is down. There's not a lot of "tomorrow" with a nearly 50 year old speedway, some monsters, and a toy astronaut. No "tomorrow" visting 1900, 1920, and 1940 either. Space is Space though. As long as it holds together.

KaliSplash

I agree with those who do not think roller coasters are the answer to every need in the parks, though I do enjoy the ones there now and am anxious to see the new ones. However, the creation of a truly scary ride is a no-no. See for example, the aforementioned Snow White and even more clearly, Stitch's predecessor in the Magic Kingdom.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Drain the Swamp! Just don't stick a coaster on it. I can't exactly say I'm thankful TSI plans are off the table because TSI and the Moat of 'Murica have greater potential. But I do think the proposals for this area thus far have been pretty crappy. FWIW, I'd definitely welcome a Sleepy Hollow dark ride or something equivalent; especially over another mine car coaster. The land's too valuable to remains it's leisurely, underutilized self. Not knocking it though just think MK can find a better use for it. Until then, I guess leaving it as is is the best option.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Drain the Swamp! Just don't stick a coaster on it. I can't exactly say I'm thankful TSI plans are off the table because TSI and the Moat of 'Murica have greater potential. But I do think the proposals for this area thus far have been pretty crappy. FWIW, I'd definitely welcome a Sleepy Hollow dark ride or something equivalent; especially over another mine car coaster. The land's too valuable to remains it's leisurely, underutilized self. Not knocking it though just think MK can find a better use for it. Until then, I guess leaving it as is is the best option.
It’s a perfect use for it.

Besides. They have the blessing of size remember.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It’s a perfect use for it.
Besides. They have the blessing of size remember.

It would be if more folks would visit the area. I guess that's the argument here. A bigger draw to pull guests away from other areas. That and a footpath connecting Frontierland with Liberty wouldn't hurt. Armchair aside, the blessing of size is only a blessing if it's utilized properly. It's nice for what it is but I still think it's underutilized. If these type of attractions are skipped by "most" guests in favor of maximizing their day at MK with higher tier attractions...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Part of the charm is that they don’t.

Absolutely. But that leisurely charm comes at a cost; time. Time not spent riding rides and taken names. When a "typical themepark family" goal is to maximize their vacation experience to e.g. "ride the rides" they're not going to make an effort to visit the area. Generalization but still probably true. Same issue that plagues many of the parks lower tier attractions. Sad to think. It's the logic behind plopping a coaster on TSI. Somewhat misguided but there's no denying it would be a bigger draw to the area.

Last edited:

ElvisMickey

Original Poster
I think if kids could handle going into the Haunted Mansion, they’d be able to handle a 15-20 second dark ride scene with the Headless Horseman. Plus, the dude rides down the street without a head in Mickey’s Not So Scary, so they’re already utilizing the characters.

Parker in NYC

I totally agree. One, Disney has no money these days unless they’re trying to appease the social justice warriors (Aka Splash). However, even if they did have the money, it would never happen. Which is strange because people LOVE scary, Halloween, etc. This would have the potential to be an amazing dark ride. And, can you imagine, if they brought Mr. Toad back and combined them both into one ride...just like how the movie flows?

I'm so on board (as my "Meeeeee" indicates) however, if there's anything that bothers me more than a virtue signaler, it's a virtue signaler... signaler. Which makes me something even worse. A virtue signaler signaler... (gulp) signaler.

mf1972

9AE80F9F-E98C-4F2E-A650-49870CBD8CB3.gif

it’ll make 1 hell of an animatronic if it ever happens

tanc

They should do this during Halloween. This is the real Sleepy Hollow.

Attachments

• 20191025_215145.jpg
    20191025_215145.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20191025_215001.jpg
    20191025_215001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 77

N2dru

I guess they thought a double Toad and 20K were sufficiently different - yet the same - for Orlando. In 1980 they even proposed adding Pinocchio and Alice to Orlando. The mentality back then seemed to be pretty much the same but East.
Kinda wish Pinocchio and Alice could have made the cut. More dark rides is always a plus. Would Alice have been near the Chesire Cafe and Pinocchio near his restuarant?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom