1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Who thinks they should reopen Wonders of Life in Epcot with some new Inside Out theming?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by BrotherOfTheBeast, Jun 19, 2015.

1. George

George Liker of Things Premium Member

I had all the floors in my house replaced with ballpits a few years ago. I concur. Bad idea.

2. englanddg

englanddg One Little Spark... Premium Member

Hah, well, I wish I was kidding! It is why at the stores I ran I strictly enforced tube checks that involved checking the pits every half hour (even if I had to do them myself during non peak
    times), santizing nightly and swapping out the balls for a deep sanatize and removing damaged once a week (whih a lot of DMs argued with me about because buying a redundant set of balls was several hundred dollars.

3. RedFurredCadet

RedFurredCadet Active Member

(yawn) ...what did I miss?

4. copcarguyp71

copcarguyp71 Well-Known Member

Anything is better than empty unused spaces with "special events" as an excuse!

George and Superman68 like this.
  5. mahnamahna101

mahnamahna101 Well-Known Member

After seeing Inside Out,

1. Train of Thought PeopleMover-esque dark ride between WoL and Imagination (Imagination stays mostly Figment/Dreamfinder, but Bing Bong is incorporated). Could even go around all of Future World with a show scene in each pavillion.
    2. E-ticket suspended dark ride (similar to Adventures Through Inner Space, but with small coaster sections)
    3. Cranium Command retooled for Inside Out
    4. Rotating shows/exhibits in the special events area

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  6. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

nothing lol keep yawning :)

7. FettFan

FettFan Well-Known Member

Funny thing about that....after the success of Tomorrowland's Peoplemover, the original concept drawings for Epcot's Future World at the Transportation Pavilion (built as World of Motion) that would circle around the park, and through Communicore.
    [​IMG]

8. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

In less than a year, Disney has had two very successful films that could be used in the pavilion. Inside Out could take the place of Cranium command, and Big Hero 6 could be used to highlight advances in medical treatments and technology.

Fantasmicguy, Mukta, tmstephe and 7 others like this.
  9. FettFan

FettFan Well-Known Member

Don't count on it. Even though such an arrangement would be a perfect set up for normal, rational folks like you and me and almost anyone I could pick at random on these messageboards, Team Disney Orlando seems to be run by a special breed of stupid.
    Unless Baymax and Joy can start pooping sentient snowballs that they can label as "Frozen", I'm not going to hold my breath.

Meanwhile in Anaheim....

Needs more Disgust

10. Matt_Black

Normally, I'd agree with you. However, Pete Docter and some of the other Pixar guys seem to be lobbying for an attraction, and their boss, John Lasseter, is both nominally head of Imagineering and seems to have some pull with the higher ups. If he gets someone in Burbank to lay down the law with TDO in regards to an attraction, there's a solid chance we'll see something get done.

11. Southampton11968

Southampton11968 Active Member

I just saw "Inside Out" last night, that's a no brainer...With all the publicity and great reviews for "Inside Out" if Disney does not move on this quickly and not take 2-3 years to finish this pavilion they are nuts! It would not be a "tacky" move like Universal Studios who changed the name of an existing roller coaster and made it a "Harry Potter" ride....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    ToInfinityAndBeyond and George like this.
  12. George

George Liker of Things Premium Member

I dunno. I've been booking it for anniversaries and such.

The Empress Lilly likes this.
  13. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

14. Misterdcp

Misterdcp Active Member

at this point I would love to see them do anything with that pavilion rather than it being empty/reserved for special events

15. copcarguyp71

copcarguyp71 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking of possibly an underwater basketweavers convention. We can hold seminars in WOL and then practical exercises at the sinkhole in the lake by Odyssey.

16. Brer Panther

Brer Panther Well-Known Member

If it's just a new show replacing Captain EO, I'm fine with it.

And if it's a ride where Figment is teaming up with the cast, I'm fine with it.

I just want Figment to be kept around.

17. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

While I hope thats true, watch Disneyland get it first, they dont seem to think about WDW as much.

18. HolleBolleGijs

HolleBolleGijs Well-Known Member

Docter/Rivera agree that it would be a great fit in Epcot, and they are trying to make it happen. I have no idea how much power they have though.

19. Phineas

Phineas Well-Known Member

I just saw this last night, and I was trying to explain to my girlfriend how the film "felt very Epcot-y", from the characters, to the music, to the logic of the whole thing, I just think it would be such a perfect fit.

If you haven't seen this film, you really, really need to do so-it was so completely enjoyable.

tmstephe and BrotherOfTheBeast like this.
  20. Matt_Black

As long as Docter doesn't blow over $200 million on a live-action film that winds up bombing, I think he's got a good chance of pulling this off if he really wants to.