who rode EE lets talk

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
As others have pointed out the Yeti encounter is much better and longer in person than it is on any of the videos.

A few people have stated that. But many more have remarked at how short the encounter was.

wannab@dis

Merlin said:
A few people have stated that. But many more have remarked at how short the encounter was.
Where? Are we not reading the same forum?

A few people have made negative remarks about EE and the Yeti. And it appears a couple of them are jealous/disgrunted ex-imagineers. I'm just not seeing anything to back up your claims. :veryconfu

Merlin

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
Where? Are we not reading the same forum?

A few people have made negative remarks about EE and the Yeti. And it appears a couple of them are jealous/disgrunted ex-imagineers. I'm just not seeing anything to back up your claims. :veryconfu

There have been a number of threads about EE since they started running previews. Additionally, you can look in the ride reviews section.

wannab@dis

Merlin said:
There have been a number of threads about EE since they started running previews. Additionally, you can look in the ride reviews section.

I haven't seen many negatives about the Yeti in the threads, but granted I may have missed one or two.

The ride reviews are extremely positive. I only saw a couple of review that suggested the ride is not that great. As I went through them all, only ONE person reacted negatively to the Yeti. 3 people said it was brief but yet went on to say it worked with the story and was good. Everyone else talked about how great everything was.

Like I said, it appears your claims are based on a very small subset of reactions. :rolleyes:

peter11435

Merlin said:
Your right. People have said the Yeti encounter is short. But why wouldn't they, it is short.

But very few have tried to say that it leaves guests unsatisfied, is because of money, or that it is an example of bad storytelling. That has all been from you in a number of threads.

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
You did not say it looked anything. You said the Yeti encounter was to short. As others have pointed out the Yeti encounter is much better and longer in person than it is on any of the videos.

peter11435 said:
Your right. People have said the Yeti encounter is short. But why wouldn't they, it is short.

:veryconfu :brick:

peter11435

Merlin said:
:veryconfu :brick:
Yeah I admit it is short. But I don't think it is too short. You stated that it was too short. There is a huge difference betweem something being short and something being too short.

Merlin

Account Suspended
wannab@dis said:
I haven't seen many negatives about the Yeti in the threads, but granted I may have missed one or two.

The ride reviews are extremely positive. I only saw a couple of review that suggested the ride is not that great. As I went through them all, only ONE person reacted negatively to the Yeti. 3 people said it was brief but yet went on to say it worked with the story and was good. Everyone else talked about how great everything was.

Like I said, it appears your claims are based on a very small subset of reactions. :rolleyes:

You might want to check out this thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=70784

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
Yeah I admit it is short. But I don't think it is too short. You stated that it was too short. There is a huge difference betweem something being short and something being too short.

Hey, let's keep it clean. There are KIDS reading these message boards!:lol:

Merlin

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
What are you 12.

(cough)No sense of humor! (cough)
(cough)Determined to make me out as the "bad guy" even when I'm kidding around(cough)
(cough)Would probably find that comment funny if ANY other member had made it instead of me(cough)

peter11435

Merlin said:
(cough)No sense of humor! (cough)
(cough)Determined to make me out as the "bad guy" even when I'm kidding around(cough)
(cough)Would probably find that comment funny if ANY other member had made it instead of me(cough)
You might want to see a doctor about that cough.

Tinkerbell_13

Merlin, if you dont like the way that Disney does their rides, then I have some advice for you: Dont get on the rides, this way you dont have to wait in line for something that you dont like and most important : the people who WANT to see the Yeti and ride it dont have to listen to you or stand behind somebody like you in line. I think that you shouldnt go get on the ride anyway because all the complaining that you have done has made me relize that you arent even worthy to stand in line for EE. I am going to ride EE in Spring and I KNOW that I will be glad for all the work that the imagineers have put into making this ride an enjoyable and good ride.

bhg469

Tinkerbell_13 said:
Merlin, if you dont like the way that Disney does their rides, then I have some advice for you: Dont get on the rides, this way you dont have to wait in line for something that you dont like and most important : the people who WANT to see the Yeti and ride it dont have to listen to you or stand behind somebody like you in line. I think that you shouldnt go get on the ride anyway because all the complaining that you have done has made me relize that you arent even worthy to stand in line for EE. I am going to ride EE in Spring and I KNOW that I will be glad for all the work that the imagineers have put into making this ride an enjoyable and good ride. By the way Merlin...if you like Universal soooo much....then some more advice for you: Get off this site and go join a site for Universal !

When did he say anything about universal? :veryconfu

pintraderpayee

Merlin,
You are right about people complaining if EE were a ride at Universal's Islands of Adventures. Most people know the rides at IOA are supposed to be thrills with little else. That's what you get. Universal Studios is supposed to be milder thrills based on hit movies. That's what you get. Every Disney fan expects a story. That's what we always get! I know that some rides at Disney may not scare me as much as some at IOA or a Six Flags. However, I know the rest of the experience (the CMs, story, cleanliness, attention to detail, hidden mickeys, etc.) more than makes up for the milder thrills. Let's face it RR and TOT would still be good rides, but with the story wrapped around them, they are fantastic. From official Disney advertising, I'm expecting a ride with incredible recreations and props. And, YES, I'm anticipating a very brief glimpse of the Yeti. It is in keeping with the legend. As far as the movies go (never as good as the book), I consider it much more suspenseful to briefly see the alien, demon, or ghost. The dead mother in Psycho would have been ineffective if we saw her for a longer period of time.

pintraderpayee
6 1/2 weeks until departure :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom