Who Remembers Mickey's Starland?

imagineer99

Originally posted by DDPGambit
Now the Mickey birthday show was great. Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and CM all ran around in a giant kitchen trying to throw together a cake for Mickey's birthday. I still have that on tape somewhere... :rolleyes:

That show ruled! I was three when I saw it and I still have the video tape!:D

ISTCrew20

I remember, either BirthdayLand, or Starland. Um, All I remember is small little doors, on small, little colorful houses, that wouldnt open, and I got all mad. I think I saw Chip and Dale there also.

Piebald

I have pictures from the Birthdayland show but I don't remember it at all. I do remember the Disney Afternoon show very clearly. I remember they even had a show on TV about it (UPN or channel 33 whatever it was back then). In the show I remember they had 2 characters from each show. Ducktales- Scrooge and Launchpad,Rescue rangers-Chip and Dale,Goof Troop-Max and Goofy, Talespin- Baloo and Louie. There was a host (female both times I remember seeing it) and there was a talking computer screen. I don't ever remember seeing Gummi Bears but I remember Ducktales was taken over by Darkwing Duck. I also remember Bonkers was there too. Jeez. That show was great. You had to sit on benches and afterwards you were released into a gift shop with cardboard cut outs of the characters where you could take pictures and stuff. It's a shame they took that away. The only thing left of that I guess was seeing Launchpad in Toontown Fair when I went last July.

the-reason

I remember Starland, but I dont think I was born or old enough to see birthdayland.I rarely remember a little bit of starland.I remember the afternoon show(because we have that on tape like 3 times)I remember them little houses that had like charecter logos on them.I remember the little mickey mouse meetngreet.OH yea, I remember that little play area, where you could climb in them tubes or whatever.I really used to love that land, all they really needed to do was add the barnstormer and leave it be.

But then again I kinda like Mickeys toontown fair, although we havent give that land a chance in awhile, I remember always ending the day with fireworks there and about as many rides as you can get on the Barnstormer.

Does anybody know if Mickeys toontown fair was bigger than starland and birthdayland, or did they just add somethings in the land that could be seen from the TTA

the-reason

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I saw the starland show when I was really little and I positivly LOVED it. It's one of my best memories of my first trip to WDW. I lived the show. I saw it countless times. I really liked it. I remember when the characters from the TV shows would dance to their theme songs ( dark wing duck was my favorite ) and that's when it gets blurey. I remember the cast member lady danced with Mickey for a while. Then when it came to Goof troop, max was somhow locked out of the house, and then all of the characters appeared out of a rocket in a burst of smoke and then they danced with max. Can anyone refresh my memory? I would really enjoy seeing a video of this.

All I know is, one year in 93 they had chip in dale.The next year they changed it by taking them out and adding bonkers.

But I remeber the show like this.

It started out with that lil black screen thing talking and then he began to do a lil rap.As he was rapping, he would introduce the stars in the show(from talespin, gooftroop, etc...)He then did an intro for CJ or DJ, whatever the girl name was that was in the show.Then she would start to dance or something and say, "Hi are you guys ready for a great show." the audience yeahhhh
Then she would introduce mickey but he would never show up.Then shed ask the little blackscreen thing, who was called dude what should I do.He say start the show, so she introduced Darkwing Duck.And the first year we say it, they didnt have launchpad so this box that they had comeout just mysteriosly popped out.(the following year launchpad brought the box out)
CJ would read a letter shed found in the box and go back stage.Then Mickey Magically appeared inside the box,They go back stage, and then Talespin comes on(gueststarring Mickey)then after their number was up.CJ comes back out, saying has anyone seen mickey, the audience points where the talespin thing was.Then dude tells her to bring gooftroop out.She does and they sing their song, then while max is out dancing not paying attention, he gets locked out of the house with his science project security system.Then the first year, chip n dale was there(with mickey) and sang their little theme song and got CJ and Goofy out the house, and then they had the finale with CJ finally seeing Mickey.The next year the same thang, with Bonkers doing the rescue though, and of course a different CJ.

Hope that helps:)

Dizknee_Phreek

i never got to experience Birthdayland, but Starland was around when i first started going to WDW. even as a kid, i didn't like it very much. sure, the store was cool (wait...was it a store?), and the show was pretty cool, and i liked going into Mickey's house...but from what i recall, that's pretty much all they had, except for the petting zoo type thing (which, i've never been much into petting zoos). oh, but remember all the cut-outs you could have your picture taken with? and the little, fake 'neighborhood' where you stomped on little shapes in the carpet sidewalk, and they would talk, or make noises?
but i'm like ISTCrew. the tiny building facades ticked me off as a kid. i wanted to be able to go into Daisy's candy store, and all the other little buildings, but, of course, they were all fake. they weren't fun at all because they served no purpose. of course, you could go through Mickey's house, and out his back door, you could see the other characters' houses, which were too small and fake. they looked cool, but again, they served no purpose. even when i was little, i got bored with Mickey's Starland. the major plus was all the character meet n' greets (which seem to be sparce in Toontown) i would often become jealous of DL when i would see video of Toontown on the Disney Channel. and then, as we all know, Mickey's Starland shut down, and reopened as Toontown Fair. i was a little disappointed that it wasn't as big as DL's, but was elated that there were 3 character houses instead of just one, and there was actually a ride there, which certainly livened the place up! i instantly fell in love with TTF! though, it's not my favorite land at MK, i do think it's tons better than SL!

btw, if anyone has any pics or video of BL, i'd LOVE to see it!

Sir Hiss527

I also remember at the end of show...See Mickey was really never in Mickey Starland till actually the end. And then all of a sudden they bring out that big crate, box, looking thing, and they spin it around like 3 times, and at the end of the third time. MICKEY!! Appears.

NemoRocks78

Seized
I somewhat remember it but not really. I do remember the show and I remember loving it, they had changed it a few times though by adding some new stuff, like they did with adding Bonkers. I too can remember the tiny building things and was mad when you couldn't go in! But I don't really remember anything else. I do have a few pictures of the show though. I'd like to see some photos of the area as well.

Tramp

:)

Attachments

• 359100b0.jpg
    359100b0.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 102

Tramp

but i'm like ISTCrew. the tiny building facades ticked me off as a kid. i wanted to be able to go into Daisy's candy store, and all the other little buildings, but, of course, they were all fake. they weren't fun at all because they served no purpose. [/B]

This is NOT my picture. :)

Attachments

• tt1191-03.jpg
    tt1191-03.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 108

Tramp

One more for now. I'll try to dig out some pix from the two shows over the weekend and post them here. No promises cuz basically I'm a very lazy person.:lol:

Attachments

• wdw_toontown.jpg
    wdw_toontown.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 114

Tramp

This picture is not mine...I found it on the net somewhere. But it shows the birthday cake that I was talking about in one of my previous posts. I think I have much better pix than this and I'll try to get to them over the weekend.

What a crappy picture!:lol:

Attachments

• untitled-4.jpg
    untitled-4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 106

Katherine

All I remember from when I was little was going around to all the little doors that were boutiques and stuff and trying to get inside and get a peakthrough the window. I was real little though so I don't remember much.

MartyMouse

I liked the Starland show with CJ a lot, because I always felt Disney did a great thing with Disney Afternoon shows (not much different than they do now with all the video sequels). But I felt the entire land was just a quick fix to the Birthdayland after Mickey’s 60th Birthday had passed, it never seemed to have a theme it was more like one giant ad for their television properties – now Toontown Fair, well that’s just a big mess.
Who remembers the small zoo they had with Minnie Moo – the cow with mouse ears on her side. I have tons of pictures and a newspaper article from the Birthdayland – one day (not this one) I’ll scan them all in.

DDuckFan130

:cry: you guys got me all nostalgic...I remember both shows I actually watched the Disney cartoons one the other day in a home video...There's footage of us with the cutouts that you could take pictures in also...I also have a tape of the show about Mickey's Birthday but unfortunately my cousin had broken the camera at the time so there's no sound in that video I can just see what's going on :(

Nintendo18

The way i remembered the show from Mickey's starland started with Mickey and the host singing "Mickey's magical TV world." Then they introduced the gummi bears who did a magical illusion that made mickey mouse appear. They leave and Scrooge comes to count his money. While he is inside the vault, Launchpad comes late and without realizing it locks Scrooge in the vault. Then they need the Rescue Rangers to open the vault so they use TNT to blast open the door. They end with singing the song again.

Hope this helps some people remember the past.

Dizknee_Phreek

That's right...it was Daisy's CAFE, not candy store! thanks Tramp! :hammer: :D seems like i do remember a candy store though...boy, it's been too long!

imagineer99

I remember the birthdayland show vividly even though I was only 3 when i saw it!

I remember when that when the characters were making the cake for Mickey, Pluto dropped a bone inside. At the end of the show, I was soooo worried that Mickey was going to choke on the bone that I ran up to a CM and demanded that she tell Mickey that he not eat the cake so that he wouldn't choke on the bone!:hammer: :lol:

(kids can be so naive)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom