Pre-Trip Who needs Christmas presents, let's go to Disney

Hellllllo Humans!!!

Some of you might know me from my previous half written trip reports. I get so much joy out of reading all of your lovely folks reports that I am going to try my best to complete this pre-trip and trip report.

Let's dive right in shall we?

My name is Alisa, a certified Disney nut. My parents first took me to the world when I was 2 and in doing so created the disney monster I am today.

Here I am at 2 years old in Magic Kingdom back where the whole obsession started
2d26qgy.jpg

I wasn't the only Disney crazed person though my mom,dad, and sister were just as obsessed as I was and the 25 trips we have under our belt as a family proves it. Every year on our last day I would cry and make my dad promise to take me back. It started to become a joke as I got older but we always returned the next year. Here is a photo of ME, MOM, DAD, AND SISTER JILLIAN way back in 2012 at the opening of New Fantasyland.
2je1jk7.jpg
[/IMG]
2je1jk7.jpg
[/IMG]
fc1deh.jpg

Fast Forward 2 years and I start dating my very own prince charming who had NEVER been to Disney. Well me and my wonderful family couldn't let that continue so my parents took us all on an incredible week long vacation in the summer of 2015
2wnwz1d.jpg

Since then me and my prince charming have returned twice on solo trips (he has totally caught the Disney Bug as well). Most recently a week long trip this past October for my Birthday which started off with the most magical moment of my life at midnight on my birthday

1233b83.jpg

I mean is this not right out of a fairytale? When I think about it I don't even remember being there. It was the most perfect proposal with Walt and Mickey watching over us. The night started at California Grill with a table right next to the window overlooking my favorite place in the entire world sitting across from my favorite person in the entire world. He had a bottle of wine waiting for me at the table and surprised me with a white chocolate cinderella slipper for desert. After Dinner we walked over to MK to watch Wishes and then hang out for EMH. He was so persistent about going back to the front of the park around midnight and thats when he did it. Dropped down to one knee and had a photographer on hand to capture the whole moment. After that 2 guys came out of the Plaza and said Mickey wanted to congratulate us and had 3 sundaes and told us to pick our favorite.

I could go on and on about that night but I will digress. We returned home from that trip and have pretty much talked nonstop about Disney since.

Fast forward to Father's Day and we were BBQ at my parents house and I casually said do you want to go to Disney and forgo presents this year. It was a quick YES from my mom, dad, and sister.

Two seconds later my fiance called his parents and asked if they would like to go to Disney World in December. We were fully expecting them to laugh at us since neither of his parents ever go on vacation but they also agreed. This will be their first time to Disney and on a plane together after 25 years of marriage. I am sooooo excited to show them Disney. His parents are AHHHHmazing and when both families get together we ALWAYS have a blast so this should be a good one.

Which bring me to the details:

When: December 7-14 ***Me and Prince Charming are leaving our return date open ended at the moment**** more on that later

Where: Port Orleans French Quarter

What: 7 Day Park Hoppers with DDP

I will follow up with our plans in the next post but will leave you with a photo of the traveling party from our engagement party this past February.
29qd18z.jpg

Ariel1986

I can't wait to share my trip report.....

......and YES we have the best taste lol. Don't you just love a good beard? It's so manly. The tattoos are a bonus too :inlove:. We all need to hang out in Disney one day since we're basically the same person. Do you guys have a trip planned?

Ha, so here’s the other crazy thing... yes we do... and it crosses over with yours!!
I wasn’t going to mention as I haven’t even started my own pre-trip report yet lol! 10th-17th Dec. I’m soooooo excited for all the Christmas stuff! And it’s our second wedding anniversary on the 14th Dec so :inlove:

So if we happen to cross paths we can admire our matching tattoos! (And general awesomeness, since we’re basically the same person as you say :D)

dclfan

Original Poster
Ha, so here’s the other crazy thing... yes we do... and it crosses over with yours!!
I wasn’t going to mention as I haven’t even started my own pre-trip report yet lol! 10th-17th Dec. I’m soooooo excited for all the Christmas stuff! And it’s our second wedding anniversary on the 14th Dec so :inlove:

So if we happen to cross paths we can admire our matching tattoos! (And general awesomeness, since we’re basically the same person as you say :D)

Omg no way. Yay!!!!! That is so exciting. We definitely have to make sure to cross paths. It is fate that we meet lol. Where are you staying? I am most excited for the Christmas stuff. I haven’t been at Christmas time since I was like 12 years. It’s going to be so beautiful and to be there on your Anniversary even more magical . Do you have any Anniversary plans?

Side note: we are getting married December of 2018 so we will also share December wedding anniversaries lol.

Ariel1986

Omg no way. Yay!!!!! That is so exciting. We definitely have to make sure to cross paths. It is fate that we meet lol. Where are you staying? I am most excited for the Christmas stuff. I haven’t been at Christmas time since I was like 12 years. It’s going to be so beautiful and to be there on your Anniversary even more magical . Do you have any Anniversary plans?

Side note: we are getting married December of 2018 so we will also share December wedding anniversaries lol.

Ok this is getting weird ha ha- a December wedding too! I'm from the UK, so maybe it's like the parent trap and we're long lost sisters! :joyfull:

We're staying at the Beach Club. We actually got married in Florida (not in Disney, but went there after the wedding) so it's like re-doing that trip too! So I've been in more recent times for Christmas, but that makes it more exciting as I know what's going to be there- plus there's always new food & drink things to try! I am eagerly awaiting the booth menus for the Epcot Festival of the Holidays to come out!! :hungry:
We've got Narcoosee's booked for our anniversary dinner and I'm stalking an ADR for the Trattoria al Forno breakfast as I love Tangled (and Ariel of course!) and we had some Tangled elements (along with BATB!) at our wedding so it seems a good start to the day! But I've had no luck with getting one yet.

I also can't wait to see Happy Ever After! I loooved Wishes, but I have high hopes as even die hard Wishes fans have said they've been converted!

Anyway, I'm kind of hijacking your thread now! But when all our plans are settled (hah, they're mostly settled now, this is Disney!) we can see if we'll be able to cross paths? :)

dclfan

Original Poster
Ok this is getting weird ha ha- a December wedding too! I'm from the UK, so maybe it's like the parent trap and we're long lost sisters! :joyfull:

We're staying at the Beach Club. We actually got married in Florida (not in Disney, but went there after the wedding) so it's like re-doing that trip too! So I've been in more recent times for Christmas, but that makes it more exciting as I know what's going to be there- plus there's always new food & drink things to try! I am eagerly awaiting the booth menus for the Epcot Festival of the Holidays to come out!! :hungry:
We've got Narcoosee's booked for our anniversary dinner and I'm stalking an ADR for the Trattoria al Forno breakfast as I love Tangled (and Ariel of course!) and we had some Tangled elements (along with BATB!) at our wedding so it seems a good start to the day! But I've had no luck with getting one yet.

I also can't wait to see Happy Ever After! I loooved Wishes, but I have high hopes as even die hard Wishes fans have said they've been converted!

Anyway, I'm kind of hijacking your thread now! But when all our plans are settled (hah, they're mostly settled now, this is Disney!) we can see if we'll be able to cross paths? :)

haha seriously.

OMG the beach Club that hotel is on my bucket list. We have our family coming this year but next time me and J go by ourselves I think we are going to stay at the Beach Club. You will have to let me know how your stay is.....Me and J were there doing Food and Wine festival last October and I swear all we did was eat and drink the whole trip. I am so excited that they will be having booths for the Festival of the Holidays. We will be alllll over that. Narcoosee's is the perfect anniversary meal. You can't really go wrong with spending your anniversary at GF. You will definitely get your breakfast just keep trying. In the week leading up to your trip a bunch of reservations will open up.

I know this will be my first Happily Ever After viewing so I hope it lives up to the hype. I got engaged after Wishes so it is kinds of special. We are seeing Happily on the 11th just in case that syncs up with your plans. We are also planning on going for drinks the night of the 10th at Boardwalk for my sister's birthday. I will DM you my cell phone # in case we happen to cross paths while we are there. I can't wait to hear all of your plans once they are settled.

Ariel1986

haha seriously.

OMG the beach Club that hotel is on my bucket list. We have our family coming this year but next time me and J go by ourselves I think we are going to stay at the Beach Club. You will have to let me know how your stay is.....Me and J were there doing Food and Wine festival last October and I swear all we did was eat and drink the whole trip. I am so excited that they will be having booths for the Festival of the Holidays. We will be alllll over that. Narcoosee's is the perfect anniversary meal. You can't really go wrong with spending your anniversary at GF. You will definitely get your breakfast just keep trying. In the week leading up to your trip a bunch of reservations will open up.

I know this will be my first Happily Ever After viewing so I hope it lives up to the hype. I got engaged after Wishes so it is kinds of special. We are seeing Happily on the 11th just in case that syncs up with your plans. We are also planning on going for drinks the night of the 10th at Boardwalk for my sister's birthday. I will DM you my cell phone # in case we happen to cross paths while we are there. I can't wait to hear all of your plans once they are settled.

Have DM’d :)

SSH

December engagements & weddings in WDW are extra magical, aren't they? :inlove: Count us in as another December couple. We got engaged in MK in Dec and then were married there the following year. We return every Dec to celebrate our anniversary. Yikes...it'll be our 25th year in 2019....I sure don't feel that old! :eek::eek:

We actually never had an "official" wedding: it was a tiny little stealth ceremony in MK at night with friends. ;)Magical and hysterical at the same time. :D But park rules were so different then: they don't allow that today. I don't have any traditional wedding photos, but I do have a unique memory and a pretty funny story to tell!

dclfan

Original Poster
December engagements & weddings in WDW are extra magical, aren't they? :inlove: Count us in as another December couple. We got engaged in MK in Dec and then were married there the following year. We return every Dec to celebrate our anniversary. Yikes...it'll be our 25th year in 2019....I sure don't feel that old! :eek::eek:

We actually never had an "official" wedding: it was a tiny little stealth ceremony in MK at night with friends. ;)Magical and hysterical at the same time. :D But park rules were so different then: they don't allow that today. I don't have any traditional wedding photos, but I do have a unique memory and a pretty funny story to tell!

Omg this is the most romantic story I’ve ever read. Can’t believe you were able to have an undercover ceremony in MK. That would have been exactly what i wanted to do. Super low key and just a few people. Wish it was still like that today. It sounded magical..... I’m happy to hear i will be in good Company with a December anniversary. All the cool kids get married in December hahahahaha

dclfan

Original Poster
Omg guys less then a month out. We finally bought our airfare ($140 RT) which is crazy cheap for our area. We have a 6:00 AM direct Flight and will land by 9:00 am. I should be at the French Quarter in time for beignets and Mickey waffles for breakfast.

Since my fiancé and I will be the first people in our traveling party in the world we were discussing what we wanted to do on our “chill day”. J wants to customize a magic band and shop. So we might head to Disney Springs and then meet my parents at The Grand Floridian for a monorail crawl and dinner at Ohanas once they arrive. I also have a surprise booked for fiancé when we land so that will probably take a few hours in the morning. Hopefully It will be warm enough to go to the pool while he is off doing his surprise.

I can’t get enough of these holiday menus. I am officially food crazed. Red velvet Mickey waffles and spiked Hot Choclate Flight (thanks for the tip @Ariel1986 ) gimme gimme gimme. Is it December yet? Sure feels like it at home.

Ariel1986

View attachment 243689
Look what came yesterday. Eeeeeek it’s really happening.

Also I know this has been spoken about at length but the new packaging is devastating. I miss the old presentation. I didn’t even get luggage tags this year. Bleh

Yay for magicbands! Better than what you get when international guests- just the grey card they're held on, given at check in! It used to be the old box, but the past two years we've just been given the bands on the grey card :(

dclfan

Original Poster
I just changed my Chefs De France Reservation on December 11th to Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club. I want Chicken and Waffles and the wine list looks devine. Figured it would be nice to try something new plus Yacht Club is my favorite and now I have an excuse to go. Woot Woot. Only 19 more days.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Also I know this has been spoken about at length but the new packaging is devastating. I miss the old presentation. I didn’t even get luggage tags this year. Bleh

The luggage tags are in the box, with the band for the tags being inside the grey tube.

dclfan

Original Poster
The luggage tags are in the box, with the band for the tags being inside the grey tube.

Thanks @LadyBelle I’ve found them. My first set of magic bands came for my “room only” reservation on Decemeber 7th. That box didn’t have any luggage tags (insert complaining lol). A few days later we got a 2nd set of magic bands for our package (dec 8-14) and that box had the luggage tags . I guess the luggage tags are a perk of booking a package?

dclfan

Original Poster
The Disney gods we’re shining down upon me today. Like I mentioned earlier we will be heading down to the St. Pete area to go house hunting after our Disney trip. Since we have park tickets through the 14th we decided to take advantage of maximum Disney time and drive down to St. Pete the morning of the 15th and Add on a night in the world on the 14th. Since we are trying to save money we made the hard decision to use Priceline for our Hotel on the 14th instead of adding on a night at Port Orleans. Well we used the “express deal” option where you don’t get to choose your own hotel and for $87 we are getting to stay at the Dolphin. I literally screamed with joy when I saw the Hotel name revealed. So much Disney magic and we haven’t even started our vacation. This will be my first time staying there and we are so excited for the bonus Disney night in our first deluxe resort.

Pixieish

The Disney gods we’re shining down upon me today. Like I mentioned earlier we will be heading down to the St. Pete area to go house hunting after our Disney trip. Since we have park tickets through the 14th we decided to take advantage of maximum Disney time and drive down to St. Pete the morning of the 15th and Add on a night in the world on the 14th. Since we are trying to save money we made the hard decision to use Priceline for our Hotel on the 14th instead of adding on a night at Port Orleans. Well we used the “express deal” option where you don’t get to choose your own hotel and for $87 we are getting to stay at the Dolphin. I literally screamed with joy when I saw the Hotel name revealed. So much Disney magic and we haven’t even started our vacation. This will be my first time staying there and we are so excited for the bonus Disney night in our first deluxe resort.
We LOOOVED the Dolphin! Just be aware that there are resort and parking fees. :)

dclfan

Original Poster
Omg at this time next week I will be home. I’m sitting on my couch watching the Disney Holiday special and getting all teary eyed thinking I will actually be there next week in my happy place.

On Monday my fiancé and I packed so there’s nothing left to do but get to the airport. This week has been moving in slow motion. 7 more sleeps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom