Pre-Trip Who needs Christmas presents, let's go to Disney

Hellllllo Humans!!!

Some of you might know me from my previous half written trip reports. I get so much joy out of reading all of your lovely folks reports that I am going to try my best to complete this pre-trip and trip report.

Let's dive right in shall we?

My name is Alisa, a certified Disney nut. My parents first took me to the world when I was 2 and in doing so created the disney monster I am today.

Here I am at 2 years old in Magic Kingdom back where the whole obsession started
2d26qgy.jpg

I wasn't the only Disney crazed person though my mom,dad, and sister were just as obsessed as I was and the 25 trips we have under our belt as a family proves it. Every year on our last day I would cry and make my dad promise to take me back. It started to become a joke as I got older but we always returned the next year. Here is a photo of ME, MOM, DAD, AND SISTER JILLIAN way back in 2012 at the opening of New Fantasyland.
2je1jk7.jpg
[/IMG]
2je1jk7.jpg
[/IMG]
fc1deh.jpg

Fast Forward 2 years and I start dating my very own prince charming who had NEVER been to Disney. Well me and my wonderful family couldn't let that continue so my parents took us all on an incredible week long vacation in the summer of 2015
2wnwz1d.jpg

Since then me and my prince charming have returned twice on solo trips (he has totally caught the Disney Bug as well). Most recently a week long trip this past October for my Birthday which started off with the most magical moment of my life at midnight on my birthday

1233b83.jpg

I mean is this not right out of a fairytale? When I think about it I don't even remember being there. It was the most perfect proposal with Walt and Mickey watching over us. The night started at California Grill with a table right next to the window overlooking my favorite place in the entire world sitting across from my favorite person in the entire world. He had a bottle of wine waiting for me at the table and surprised me with a white chocolate cinderella slipper for desert. After Dinner we walked over to MK to watch Wishes and then hang out for EMH. He was so persistent about going back to the front of the park around midnight and thats when he did it. Dropped down to one knee and had a photographer on hand to capture the whole moment. After that 2 guys came out of the Plaza and said Mickey wanted to congratulate us and had 3 sundaes and told us to pick our favorite.

I could go on and on about that night but I will digress. We returned home from that trip and have pretty much talked nonstop about Disney since.

Fast forward to Father's Day and we were BBQ at my parents house and I casually said do you want to go to Disney and forgo presents this year. It was a quick YES from my mom, dad, and sister.

Two seconds later my fiance called his parents and asked if they would like to go to Disney World in December. We were fully expecting them to laugh at us since neither of his parents ever go on vacation but they also agreed. This will be their first time to Disney and on a plane together after 25 years of marriage. I am sooooo excited to show them Disney. His parents are AHHHHmazing and when both families get together we ALWAYS have a blast so this should be a good one.

Which bring me to the details:

When: December 7-14 ***Me and Prince Charming are leaving our return date open ended at the moment**** more on that later

Where: Port Orleans French Quarter

What: 7 Day Park Hoppers with DDP

I will follow up with our plans in the next post but will leave you with a photo of the traveling party from our engagement party this past February.
29qd18z.jpg

dclfan

Original Poster
Big River Grille & Brewing Works. We thought we could have dinner there, then spend the evening on the Boardwalk (something we've never done).

I didn't have a good experience there. A few years ago we stopped in the world for 2 days during a road trip to key west. We were walking around Boardwalk when it started to pour so we stopped at Big River Grille for lunch and a drink and it was terrible. I remember having trouble finding something I wanted on the menu so I settled on a burger. Even that was kinda bad. Definitely go to ale and compass lol or anywhere else

Last edited:

Pixieish

Hello friends,

Tell me does final payment ever not hurt so much? I just paid off the trip in full this morning. Ouch! But hey at least I’m going to WDW in 1 month and 6 days!!!!! Yippeeeeee

Have fun!!! We try to pay monthly and pay off early so we don't get smacked right before our trip (and can spend any extra on keepsakes!).

dclfan

Original Poster
CA63B4AF-8DFE-476D-9D34-C55B51C4D767.jpeg

Guys look at what my sister had made for me on my birthday. Aren’t they amazing? The ears are made out of hand carved wood. One side is my name and the other is a silhouette of Beauty and the Beast with the rose in the center. I am obsessed. Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite movie. I even have a quote from the movie tattooed on the inside of my arm. I can’t wait to wear them in the parks.

SSH

Beautiful! I'm always so impressed by "crafty" people. Some of the ears and bands I see people make on these forums are amazing.

12in12

Those ears are amazing!:inlove: And I can tell from experience that you will forget how much you paid for your trip but you will never forget what a magic time you had.

dclfan

Original Poster
Awesome ears!

I also am obsessed with BATB (along with Ariel, hence my screen name!) and have a quote from the movie on my inner arm too! :eek::D

OMG that is so funny. We are Disney twins. What quote do you have? Ariel is definitely the runner up as my favorite princess.

dclfan

Original Poster
Beautiful! I'm always so impressed by "crafty" people. Some of the ears and bands I see people make on these forums are amazing.

I know I always wish I had the "crafty" gene lol. I had been eying a few of the custom ears on ETSY for a while. I was surprised when my sister surprised me with a pair. They are so unique I love them. Now I just need to figure out how to pack them in my luggage. lol

dclfan

Original Poster
Those ears are amazing!:inlove: And I can tell from experience that you will forget how much you paid for your trip but you will never forget what a magic time you had.

Thank you :inlove: I am in love with them too.....that is definitely true. The alternative to not paying is not going and that is just unacceptable lol. Im already getting over the bill. I just wish my trip would hurry up and get here already. ;):)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Hello friends,

Tell me does final payment ever not hurt so much? I just paid off the trip in full this morning. Ouch! But hey at least I’m going to WDW in 1 month and 6 days!!!!! Yippeeeeee

Try booking AND paying on the same day. That’s the fun part of a last minute trip. Enjoy your countdown - 20days for me!

dclfan

Original Poster
Try booking AND paying on the same day. That’s the fun part of a last minute trip. Enjoy your countdown - 20days for me!

Eek but at least you leave in 20 days. You must be so excited that is so soon. Where are you staying?

Ariel1986

OMG that is so funny. We are Disney twins. What quote do you have? Ariel is definitely the runner up as my favorite princess.

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere"

I just love that line and how Belle sings it! :inlove:

If you have the same one that will be... freaky lol!

dclfan

Original Poster
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere"

I just love that line and how Belle sings it! :inlove:

If you have the same one that will be... freaky lol!

Omg I have the same one . This is so freaky. Do you have the dandelion as well? I think we have just become best friends lol

Ariel1986

Omg I have the same one . This is so freaky. Do you have the dandelion as well? I think we have just become best friends lol

OMG that’s crazy! Ha ha! No to the dandelion, just the words. So they’re a little different lol.
Well, I knew I liked the sound of this trip report & now that we’re Disney twins I know I’m going to love it! :joyfull:

(I also noticed your fiancé has tattoos & a beard- not that that makes a person, but my husband does too! We have good taste ;):D)

dclfan

Original Poster
OMG that’s crazy! Ha ha! No to the dandelion, just the words. So they’re a little different lol.
Well, I knew I liked the sound of this trip report & now that we’re Disney twins I know I’m going to love it! :joyfull:

(I also noticed your fiancé has tattoos & a beard- not that that makes a person, but my husband does too! We have good taste ;):D)

I can't wait to share my trip report.....

......and YES we have the best taste lol. Don't you just love a good beard? It's so manly. The tattoos are a bonus too :inlove:. We all need to hang out in Disney one day since we're basically the same person. Do you guys have a trip planned?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom