who knows about Disney's River Country?

disneyfreak53

Original Poster
I have been to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, but i have never been to River Country. I knew about it but i dont know what it's like.:shrug: Post any facts, thoughts or descriptions please.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

well its no longer open but when it was open it was like a country watering hole themed waterpark.....now its an awful eyesore and a dump full of overgrown weeds,moss,algae....etc

doop

I visited River Country in 1997, and while I was only 7, I still remember having a great time there. I also distinctly remember those two slides on that rock structure that stopped about halfway down the structure and left you falling into the water. Those were a lot of fun.

Here's a picture of the slides I'm referring to from the site colav10 posted:
slipperyslidesis6.jpg

disneyfreak53

Original Poster
:sohappy: thanks everybody for the info and that link. its too bad i never got the chance to go. it looks like it was fun maybe they'll reopen it again or build a new waterpark:shrug:

Figment82

Those slides used to scare the heck out of me! I remember I had to be talked into it and was terrified when I was at the top. Of course, once I took that initial plunge I was hooked and had to do it over and over again.

My favorite part was the Boom Swing - if only because of the hilarious way in which its name was said on the in-room videos. Anyone remember that? I wish I could find a copy of it.

River Country (and its neighbor, Discovery Island) were the greatest places on property "back in the day" - you could escape from the crowded parks and truly feel like you were in this world removed from society. I loved them both.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Those slides used to scare the heck out of me! I remember I had to be talked into it and was terrified when I was at the top. Of course, once I took that initial plunge I was hooked and had to do it over and over again.

My favorite part was the Boom Swing - if only because of the hilarious way in which its name was said on the in-room videos. Anyone remember that? I wish I could find a copy of it.

River Country (and its neighbor, Discovery Island) were the greatest places on property "back in the day" - you could escape from the crowded parks and truly feel like you were in this world removed from society. I loved them both.

I loved Discovery Island,I remember going there when I was about 8 or so and my father scaring the crap outta me by telling me that we were stuck there the rest of our lives and the boat wouldnt return :lol:

pirate-princess

i went to discovery island! way back in 1995 i dont remember an awful lot as i was onlu 9 and had been severly ill the year before

i remember eating lunch while birds was walking round and it being hot!

OldKeyWest

btw im new here so how do you guys get pics next to your username:confused: up top there?:veryconfu

You just go to the user CP(control panel). Click on edit profile pic. Then it will give you the option of either using a pic you have saved on your computer or if you give the URL for where the pic is located. If you have any ?s just PM(personal message).

Mikieboy84

I LOVED River Country, we always went there on my trips as a kid. I loved the inner tube rapid ride the best. I would love to think it could come back some day, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

dixiegirl

We visited in sept 2001 , I have a cool pic of goofy going down one of the slides...it sad that now it like a dumpimg ground...

EchoOfOphelia

Yeah, River Country is pretty disgusting right now. It looks like they closed it in 2001 and no one has been back since. I think there's some current pictures of it on www.disneypix.com, but don't quote me on it.

Rivery Country was pretty fun, I was always secretly terrified of the boom swing. I looked at the park map on one of those posted websites and I don't remember them having pony rides! Maybe I just never noticed it. :shrug:

Eyorefan

I don't remember going there, but I have seen pictures of me there, I think I must have been 4 or 5, back in the '80s. It's said to see what they have let it become. I looks like it must have been an awesome place back in the day.

Disneybird

My older brother went to school with a guy that moved to Orlando and went to work at WDW. He worked the night shift in food delivery and one night picked us up at the Contemporary and we went to River Country with him when the food was being delivered. We had the whole place to ourselves that night and had a great time.

~Tinkerbell~

It's sad to see that it's just been left there... How come it closed anyway? I remember reading somewhere that it closed because of something to do with the water? But I could be wrong. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom