Who is the most under utilized character at WDW?

Most underutilized character(s) at WDW in your opinion

• Donald/Daisy Duck

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Chip and Dale

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Goofy

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Pluto

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Tinkerbell

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Other

Votes: 29 31.9%

• Total voters

WDWKat26

cru5h said:
Am I the only one who thinks they could retire Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum? I don't think anyone under the age of 30 knows who they are anymore. I always see them by the Mad Tea Party ride. They could replace them with some more current characters for meet and greets.

As for merchandise, I'd go with any of the Dalmatian stuff. These days, if it doesn't have a princess, Grumpy or Poo there's not much else to buy (yeah, I know, if you look hard enough).

I beg the differ, i'm personal friends with both of the Tweedles, and actually people know them more than they know other characters (such as the White Rabbit). Plus, a lot of the older folks love seeing them, and they go great with Alice and White Rabbit in Fantasyland. I say keep them!

attisb

I voted for Daisy Duck. I see Donald alot but very rarly to I ever get to see Daisy. I went to Tokyo Disney (Best park for any time of show, and the rides ain't that bad either) recently and you see Daisy and Donald together everywhere.

As for Tink as an option I'm not sure that I would want to see her. The reason is that I always think of Tink as very tiny and seeing a full size version of her doesn't quite work.

MKCustodial

LoriMistress said:
I'm all about Donald Duck...he's my favorite! He should have his own ride. I remember Goofy having his own parade...but Donald never had his own parade. It's a consperacy, I tell you!

Donald had a birthday parade. I remember because I have the postcard for it, and I went to the Disney on Ice show.

As for the poll, I voted for "Other". Any of the "pet" characters: Lady and the Tramp, the Aristocats, the Dalmatians, the Fox and the Hound. These are my top favorite Disney films, and they've never even had a parade float, for crying out loud, let alone stuff to get (besides the obvious plushes). The Jungle Book had a fair boost recently, lots of stuff around, and they had a float in the good old days (like Mary Poppins). Robin Hood, also. They have characters around, but they could use some merch as well.

goofyfan13

General Grizz said:
Dreamfinder! :D

Chip and Dale from the ones you listed. . .

And if anyone says STITCH, I'll skin 'em! :mad: :lol:

Stitch! :lookaroun

Just kidding Grizz! :wave: :lol:

I'd have to say Tinkerbell out of the choices up there. I wish they would use characters like Robin Hood more, thats one of my favorite movies. Others that I feel are underused are Donald, Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear etc.., Dreamfinder, and the 7 dwarfs just to name a few.

cru5h

WDWKat26 said:
I beg the differ, i'm personal friends with both of the Tweedles, and actually people know them more than they know other characters (such as the White Rabbit). Plus, a lot of the older folks love seeing them, and they go great with Alice and White Rabbit in Fantasyland. I say keep them!
Sounds like since the Tweedles are your friends, you're a little biased. You just agreed that it's older people who love to see them. Most people don't know Tweedles when compared to other characters who are NOT in Alice in Wonderland. Whenever I see them there are like 3 people waiting for pictures with them, but with any of the more popular characters there's a 50 foot line of people with cameras in hand. I imagine someone like Belle, Cinderella, or Jasmin when I think of Fantasyland characters, but I presume they're already in use in other meet and greet areas in Fantasyland. Maybe if Disney remarketed Alice in Wonderland the Tweedles would stick out in my mind as important characters for the park.

TheDisneyGirl02

Chip and Dale are under utilized as characters on merchandise. I love those two guys and it's so hard to find anything Chip and Dale. Love seeing them in the parks with their different outfits on!

TheDisneyGirl02

LucyK

Donald is also very under utilized on merchandise. Nowadays it's all about the Princesses or Pooh. Not that I mind, my niece is nice year old and loves Pooh (her past three birthdays had a Pooh theming) and I bought her a giant Pooh last trip and now I'm the coolest aunt ever, but Donald should have more merchandise options.
I agree with the person who says Donald is the most underrated characther of the 'Fab 5' and even though he's kinda the star of Phillarmagic Mickey is the one to do the grand finale. What about a house for Donald ? It could be a little ship, clothes hanging around everywhere, a few broken stuff, I'm sure there's a lot of space where they could build it.

LilDucky

LucyK said:
What about a house for Donald ? It could be a little ship, clothes hanging around everywhere, a few broken stuff, I'm sure there's a lot of space where they could build it.

I could've sworn they already had a houseboat for him... But then again I havent been to toontown in years. Or perhaps I'm thinking about Disneyland? Does anybody know anything about this?

Lynx04

I would have to say Walt. After all the park is named after him, you see it all over the place.

Ooops, I read the question wrong. I thought it said most utilized. I would have to say Penguin # 3 from Marry Poppins. ;)

bgraham34

I think there is not enough charachters walking around the parks during the day. Or maybe i am just not in an area were i can see them. So i cant really pick one.

ASHWALES

I Love Donald He Is My Fav Character But He His So Rarely Seen In The Parks However I Was Delighted On My Last Trip Because He Was In The Share A Dream Come True Parade And In All My Other Trips I Have Only Ever Seen Him On The Spectromagic Parade So I Was Delighted . I Say He Should Be Everywhere!!!!!

Tramp

I voted for 'other'

I always thought DarkWing Duck was a colorful and under-utilized character. Also, I'd like to see the 6 'other' dwarfs more often (Ok, Dopey too), perhaps in a character breakfast. :wave: And throw in the three little pigs for good measure!

Pippa

I voted for "other" as I love Puumba from Lion King, as he's not a costumed character you can't ever meet him. The closest I get is sitting in the Warthog section of Festival Of The Lion King. Timon gets all the adoration instead!!

General Grizz

ASHWALES said:
I Love Donald He Is My Fav Character But He His So Rarely Seen In The Parks However I Was Delighted On My Last Trip Because He Was In The Share A Dream Come True Parade And In All My Other Trips I Have Only Ever Seen Him On The Spectromagic Parade So I Was Delighted . I Say He Should Be Everywhere!!!!!
Don't forget Mickey's Philharmagic. That's DONALD'S show! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom