Who here remember this?!

Tiggerfanatic

I remember seeing it in picture only - I often though I would have liked to have seen it in person, but I do agree with the premise that once would probably be enough.

MouseDreaming

That year, ah the memories. My DH and I had been to DL that June to start our grand tour California honeymoon. So when we had the opportunity to go to WDW that December, I was very excited. I had never been to WDW before. They had a castle cake in the foodcourt at Dixielandings, which was a beautiful resort. And I thought that cake was great! I was so excited to get my first glimpse of Cindy's house...It was awful.
There were no tears of joy that trip. It was more of a what the...? I didn't make it back until 2008.

KCheatle

I'm ambivalent towards this picture becuase while I hated the castle looking like that (even as a kid I thought it was tacky), I LOVED the cupcakes that were offered in the snack carts in Toontown. And, before it was a huge gift shop ($$) I believe the tent-area was used to house a stage where after you toured Mickey and Minnie's houses you got to go to a show where the characters threw MIckey a suprise party!! I loved that show! I might have been a little old for it (~12 years old), but I still loved it.

Come to think of it, 1997 was the last year my family went in May (after having gone to DIsney World during the 3rd week of May for 16 straight years). After that we have not gone back as a family since. We've all gone back sporadically. We came close this last May when my parents, brother and his family and my family all went. But, my sister wasn't there (preggers). Maybe some day we'll all go back and relive the chaos (which will now be x 10 with all of our families)!

bgraham34

I wasn't in Disney when the castle was decorated. I wish I could have seen it though. My wife was there and always thought it was suppose to look like that. Her next trip she was shocked to see it looked more like a castle.

awesomeinabox

Oh man I was 9 and this was the coolest thing ever! I loved how it swayed in the wind.
If I saw it now at 25 I don't think I'd be so keen on it but for only one year I would be ok with it.

Yert3

Original Poster
Well, I'm glad at least some of you enjoyed it. I thought I was the only one. I can see how the pink might have turned some people off. Maybe it would have been better if it were blue ? That would have made a lot more sense anyway.

luv

It was a wonderful idea in theory, but they should not screw around with the castle!

I didn't like the Pepto cake. I didn't like the bling much. I did love it when Stitch TP'd the castle. Geez, that was funny...turning the corner and seeing that. But I wouldn't have wanted it there for more than a day or two!

They need to leave the castle alone. Don't mess with the Babysitter and don't mess with the castle!!!

bethymouse

It's not a very good idea to me. It looks like Candyland or something. It appeals to little ones I guess. I never saw it w/ my "time away" from the parks in the 90's. Not sure if I'd like to see it again or in person.:confused:

SAV

I was there that year and thought it was neat to see. I definitely like the real castle better, but it was a special thing being celebrated.

copcarguyp71

Cinderella-Castle-Birthday-cake-25th1.jpg

So many people hated this thing. I thought it was awesome, then again I was only 2 ( Yes, I surprisingly remember.) I can see if you were a "once in a lifetimer" you'd hate it. But other than that I thought it was pretty cool.

HATED...this thing:mad:

My wife and I went for our first anniversary back on '96 and it was my wifes first trip to WDW...what a disappointment to find this when we arrived! It would be different if you went every couple of years and were used to the palace in it's usual presentation...in that case this may have been a whimsical diversion but for a first timer it just totally cheapened the experience. I guess I could see where it would appeal to kids but for us it was a big no!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom