Who here remember this?!

wdwfan4ver

I remembered the cake castle I went to WDW as a high school graduation gift at the time. The castle didn't bother me at all.

I remember WDW having cake castle merchandise also including a copy of it. Yes, Disney actually was selling copies of it in their shops at WDW. I actually know people that bought a copy of it.:)

Fantasmic

1. Some of the members here are so young :eek:
2. I still don't like that cake, never did BUT it's still better than the B.A.H. or the Stupid Wand (Oh how happy I was when that got torn down)

bdearl41

While I appreciated the idea, it was awful. I remember how disappointing it was, and remember how bad i felt for those whose only trip to WDW would be during that year.

AintNoOtherMan

I wasn't even born in 1996, so I can't remember it. I have seen it in pictures, though. I think the idea was really cool, actually, and it could have been great. Sadly, it turned out like it did.

I've been wondering this for a while now. How did they even do it? Like, what was it made out of?

And where is it now?

Yert3

Original Poster
I wasn't even born in 1996, so I can't remember it. I have seen it in pictures, though. I think the idea was really cool, actually, and it could have been great. Sadly, it turned out like it did.

I've been wondering this for a while now. How did they even do it? Like, what was it made out of?

And where is it now?
It was just an overlay they build around the castle.

Bama14

Cinderella-Castle-Birthday-cake-25th1.jpg

So many people hated this thing. I thought it was awesome, then again I was only 2 ( Yes, I surprisingly remember.) I can see if you were a "once in a lifetimer" you'd hate it. But other than that I thought it was pretty cool.
Oh my that is tacky! Now I bet not many people would complain if they had blocked that with a giant socerer hat...

heatherkatheleen

Cinderella-Castle-Birthday-cake-25th1.jpg

So many people hated this thing. I thought it was awesome, then again I was only 2 ( Yes, I surprisingly remember.) I can see if you were a "once in a lifetimer" you'd hate it. But other than that I thought it was pretty cool.
OH my gosh..... Brings back so many memories! I was 5 when this was up and now it might not be the most visually pleasing thing... but the nostalgic feelings are worth so much! When I looked at the picture I was reminded of the real feeling of being at WDW when I was young. :)

luv

1. Some of the members here are so young :eek:
2. I still don't like that cake, never did BUT it's still better than the B.A.H. or the Stupid Wand (Oh how happy I was when that got torn down)
OMG, I forgot about the wand.

I was not frequenting Disney boards at all then...not even to read, lol. I just drove to Epcot and saw the freaking thing. I had the same reaction (shock, horror and disappointment, in that order) most people did. "The ball doesn't need more! Don't gild the lily!" I thought it was more like a monstrosity than anything.

I was SO glad when they tore it down and returned the ball to its simple glory!!!

I actually the hat a lot...I just do not like its location at all. :)

I loved it - I was there for a day the year MK opened as well. I had a sweatshirt with this castle cake on the front, characters peeking out around it and Happy 25th anniversery with character sigs on the back. I wore that sweatshirt out!!:cool:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, I was 27 and my two friends who weren't laughing had to move the two of us that were forcibly off to the sidewalk. It was pre-me finding out lots of info about WDW on the internetz, I was chit chatting on the monorail ride to MK and had no idea I would see that thing. If we had taken the ferry boat, I for sure would've noticed. I was literally bent over double with tears streaming from my eyes. The two who weren't laughing were graduate school friends from France who had no idea. I couldn't even talk. So, I suppose, I didn't think it was the best of decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom