Who hates to leave?

AliBeth

YES! I definitely do! I hate leaving..and then after we've left I'm always saying.."I wish it was this time last week.." or how ever long it's been since we've left. =[

I thought leaving after a trip was the hardest thing in the world, then I discovered leaving after living there for 7 months. It's been 2 1/2 months and it still hurts bad. Thank god for this site so I can talk with other fanatics and MySpace so I can chat with my friends.

TheMagicMouse

eh the day i get back on the plane back home is always a bummer, especially since orlando airport isn't necesarrily the most exciting place in the world, haha, but also because you realise you won't have as much fun as you did in a week as you will in the next few months :-\

Disnut

I cry leaving the gates. I want to stay longer. Last trip I got to go for only 2 1/2 days. That was tough. But it was a blessing because we weren't supposed to have a vacation that yr.

I luv WDW

Hating to leave

On the trip home we always begin planning our next trip.:drevil:

Next WDW trip: Nov. 23, 2006, Port Orleans French Quarter:xmas:

Figments Friend

Yeah....i am in the thick of Post-Property Depression right now! Just returned home last night after a fantastic week long visit by myself. Ah..it was GREAT...

I know what it's like though...the withdrawrel is always tough. It all starts with the arrival of the dreaded "envelope". You know...the Magical Express reminder envelope that is hung on your rooms' doorknob the day morning before you leave! Argh! This is when the visit takes a downturn for some, me included! Someone actually posted a thread about this very topic ( that "envelope" and what it means to many) here last week or so...do a search for more info as it was a good thread that covered the post-Disney depression well.

Anyway....yeah, the "envelope" can set off a chain of events:

That last long look at the Castle right before you leave the MK for the last time.....

.the last viewing of "Illuminations" and hearing the "Promise" music as you exit the park......( very sad on the last night..)

packing your bags ( always sad)....

your last free refill at your resort! ( Yeah, i'm one of those "Mug" people..:lol:, but at least i don't pool hop yet!)

Waiting at the Magical Express pickup stop....( this is when it usually hits me the worst...)

And finally, seeing the backside of the signage on the Property line..and then of course crossing that line ....( man, that is sad too!!)

Sitting at the airport ....sniff....

Take off from MCO...the moment the planes wheels lift off the ground...( sad..sad...SAD!!)

Okay....this is getting me depressed!!!:cry:

Time to think happy thoughts now....

Like how i hope to finally visit DisneyLAND for the first time come May 2007! :)

"Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!"

:D

browniebee

It depends...this past vacation went really bad the first few days that by the last couple of days I was starting to wish it wasnt ending. As we're getting on Magical Express I tend to start not wanting to leave. Although I love being in Disney, I do like to come home to see my 10 year old chocolate lab Muffin because I get very homesick for her. After a couple months though I start wishing I was back in Disney, especially now that I'm in college and not going back to Disney until January, and desperately need a break from everything about college.

metscool

I hate to leave the area. I always didn't want to go home. When at WDW I would leave the outside world behind me. And when leaving the world I would want to go back. And always looked forward for the next trip.

DSNYKID

I can't stand leaving the park on the last day. My wife loves Disney and all, but on that last day, she always wants to leave be for the park closes. Ill tell you, there is nothing worse than being in your hotel room on that last night when a park is still open.

Just think, right now, someone is riding on Pirates of the Carribean, and if you are reading this, it's not you. Too bad so sad... I know the feeling.

We go Nov 11th through 18th!

tecowdw

I was wondering....

Does anyone else get sad and depressed when it comes time to leave WDW after having so much fun there? I know i'll be feeling that at the end of my upcoming weeklong trip....

:cry:

Yep!
A day doesn't go by that I don't think about being at Walt Disney World!
And I ALWAYS have to have another visit already booked before the current one ends ~ even if it is just the airline ticket.
(hmmm...doesn't say much for my real life but I know you all understand me)

KRT

The worst part is waiting at the resort entrance for your transportation to the airport and watching people who are just arriving.

tecowdw

The worst part is waiting at the resort entrance for your transportation to the airport and watching people who are just arriving.

I always make light about people doing the "drag" of their luggage out to their car when I am just arriving at the resort. Sad part is I always end up having to do the same thing eventually.
:rolleyes:

Figments Friend

Boy do i know that!

I do this too.....i'll be standing at the bus stop waiting to be whisked away to one of the Parks and a Magical Express bus will go by with all these folks in it with long faces looking out the windows at me standing there. I look at them and think..."poor souls...." but in a few days time it will be my turn.

When i'm back on Magical Express on that fateful day, i always look out the window at someone standing in line to go to the Parks as we drive by and remember that this was ME just a few days prior!

Always makes me tear up.....

:cry:

Iris

To be honest, I'm usually ready to go. Over the years, I've learned what my optimal length of stay is to get my WDW fix, so I'm usually satisfied when I leave. However, as I'm unpacking my suitcase at home, I'm already planning my next trip.:)

donald23

OMG I hate this the worst! Except we drive home because we live in Miami. It's so depressing when you have to leave and you see all these people pulling up to the lobby with their suitcases. :cry:

Rinx

The depressed and sad feeling is worth it after experiencing the thrill of the first day. It is such a high for me getting off the airplane and entering property.

hammysammy59

Post-WDW depression is why/how I found this board. I left last April and I'm still bummed!

After I get a Wii, my fun-money fund will MOS DEF be going towards a WDW trip with my gal pal and hopefully my Disney fanatic friend who's never been to the 'World.

My last trip (before the one in April) was TEN years ago. I was 12, and I seriously cried on one of the last days. I was the new kid/hated my middle school, and was just overwhelmed by A. how beautiful the Magic Kingdom is at ngiht and B. how much the real world sucks in comparison.

Needless to say, I held it together a little better last April, but still... what a bummer it is to leave the 'World behind to go back to a cold, rainy Michigan full of bills and classes and crappy part-time jobs. I WILL be going back sometime though, hopefully within the next year or so. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom