Who has gotten their hair cut on main street?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No, I'm pretty sure Jessie's were thrown in for free, including a certificate, and they bagged some hair to keep!

You very well are probably correct. I know they did the certificate and hair thing for free, but I was thinking that they charged a nominal fee for the ears....

write2caro

My son got his 1st haircut there and Penny was WONDERFUL with him! He had a great time and left with his "First Haircut" Mickey ears, a certificate, and a ton of Mickey stickers. He's had a few other haircuts since, but we think he might have been at his most handsome after his Disney cut. :D

Before, with his long, fifteen-month old locks...
a%3E
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/write2caro/shared/WDW_May06_065.jpg

Fun with stickers...
WDW_2006-09.html
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/write2caro/shared/WDW_May06_072.jpg

After... a little stunned at first, but very cute...
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/write2caro/shared/WDW_May06_078.jpg
WDW_2006-10.html

We plan to have my daughter get her 1st cut there on our next trip. Loved it!

(New to all of this... I couldn't figure out how to add the image without it appearing HUGE, so I used links instead!!) :confused:

smk

Three of my sons five haircuts he has had have been at the mainstreet barber shop. Mycael chastised me severely for trimming my sons bangs between visits....:lol:

47b7df39b3127cce80bfaef29e2300000016108IZNWTJyzaa
This very same man cut my DH hair a few years back! I have a picture of him somewhere! My DH and a little girl getting a hair cut at the same time, she got the pixie dust and sprinkles, DH passed on that treatment.:lol:

I got my hair done on main street once. Kind of an odd story though. Im a cast member so I tried to get it cut down in the utilidors but since they were about to close, the hairdresser pointed me towards the barbershop on main street. I told the barber I was a cast member so he cut it just perfectly to meet "The Disney Look"It was an interesting experience. I haven't been back b/c I found a place alot closer to my house and for about $3 cheaper.

b21nhl

I had my haircut from mycael as well. It was alot of fun! he talked with me the whole time. I was a cast member at the time, but it wasn't more than a regular haircut from a barber shop or salon. my tip made up for whatever discount i got. also, if you time it right, its a great front row seat to the parade as its finishing up. no one was in front of the shop so i had a great time getting a haircut and watching the parade.

H20Babie

Hmmm ... I was going to get my son's hair cut just before our trip, but now I think I'll wait and get it done there! He'll be tickled green (or blue)!

Do you need to make an appointment, or do they take walk-ins?

ErickainPA

The website says no reservations, walk in only.

Was telling hubby abou it and when it's time for our son's first cut, thinking we will go to Disney for it.

Craig & Lisa

My DH did a few years ago!
It was a fun experience!
Here's George getting a sprinkling of pixie dust:

DSC06484.jpg
That's Maura, she was the only one my sons would let cut their hair, she was the best, she no longer works at the shop, but still does CM hair below. She was featured in the Disney Magazine before they killed it off. Even met her outside of the job, her daughter works , at least at the time in or at The grand floridian, the only reason we knew her was my wife was wearing a birthday pin and she said happy b-day. Then my wife regognized her, she even remembered my younger son, she was such a joy to talk to also. Where ever you are Maura, we miss you. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I took my son there (2) he was so well behaived, however, the people in the salon seemed really grumpy that day. One lady, who we were talking to for a few minutes, was coming for the third time. She ended up making a comment about the "atmosphere" and she left.

The lady that cut my son's hair didn't do anything but cut my son's hair. There were no sprinkles, bubbles, and no entertainment at all. According the the "lady" who left, she said that it is usually much more lively.

We may or may not try it again, I am not sure. I think we just hit an "off" day.

wbt06

im going to disney the first week of may and need a hair cut bad. how long is the wait usualy. and where exactly is it i have been to disney like 20 times and dont recal seeing it

Nansafan

Great job with the video. How old was your son? My guy didn't have enough hair to cut until he was 2, little tow-head that he was.

ErickainPA

im going to disney the first week of may and need a hair cut bad. how long is the wait usualy. and where exactly is it i have been to disney like 20 times and dont recal seeing it

The wait was not too long consider it was Easter Day. We waited probably 15-20 mins, but a parade was going on so time went quick.

The shop is near the front on the left, were the characters go upon exiting the parade (the big gate near the firehouse)

Thanks for the compliments, it was a big day for him. He is just 7 months. Was born with a full head of hair. He was given the ears, a certificate and we received all his hair in a wrapping, with some pixie dust inside (they usually sprinkle that on you head when your done, but DS is too little and they didn't want him to eat a piece and choke.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom