Who else thinks Park Prices & Resort Prices will Increase?

MissViv

Original Poster
I think that when the reservation system is back open (who knows when that will be) there will be quite a noticeable price increase in park tickets and resort prices. I would be shocked if there were any resort discounts. Since they will be limiting the amount of visitors into the parks and resorts, it seems only logic.

What do u think?

Disstevefan1

I agree. Price increases could increase revenue while at the same time decrease crowds. It’s already normal for families to get priced out of a WDW vacation, now it could simply happen sooner.

Aalternatively families could simply save up and visit less often. Disney would love that too.

crawale

I think that when the reservation system is back open (who knows when that will be) there will be quite a noticeable price increase in park tickets and resort prices. I would be shocked if there were any resort discounts. Since they will be limiting the amount of visitors into the parks and resorts, it seems only logic.

What do u think?
Prices always increase. Disney uses any means to make a dollar.

DisneyJoe

Perhaps not for 2020?, but most definitely for anything in 2021; the ability to book 2021 will be out sometime after they get this new reservation system working.

Gainesvillain

Post-9/11 there were all kinds of deals, but I agree that this will not be the case now. For most people, fear of terrorists > virus (?)

JIMINYCR

So they are stuck between... We need to rebuild our losses ( prices up ) and We need people to want to come. ( prices at current or lower point ) If they raise prices they will grab those who want to go no matter what. They have the money available or they will sacrifice and go further into debt to make it happen. If they keep prices down and/or offer discounts to draw more people in, they will get them in and profit from all the souvenirs, snacks, tours and other extras guests are bound to buy. I think getting volume in will be the better option.
My bet is they start off with prices as is, offer deals, get guests coming but then start increases incrementally as more and more people show they arent afraid of coming and book. The past shows theyve succeeded with this type of thinking.

Raineman

There’s no way I’d be going this year even if prices didn’t go up. Paying the same $ for park admission when you are getting less in the parks than normal due to the virus restrictions doesn’t make sense to me. I will most likely be in Florida in March, 2 weeks at a vacation home, and we were planning to do 1 day at all 4 parks, but if these restrictions are still in place, not interested-something I thought I’d never say about an opportunity to go to WDW.

M:SpilotISTC12

My guess is we'll see another increase around October for them to see how well the crowds respond to reopening. Then if its low crowds we'll see a significant increase. If its even more crowded than thought, it'll be small but still enough to roll your eyes at. At the end of the day its not a matter of IF, its a of when and how often. As a DVC owner thank god they have Moonlight Magic but that'll probably get taken away soon but thats a topic for another thread.

HongKongFooy

I find it noteworthy that out of the 6 Disney destinations WDW----- pound for pound/inch for inch-----is the most inferior product but yet the most visited and expensive.

This is why mass or aggregate behavior should not be a trusted indicator of higher quality offerings.

NickMaio

What do u think?
Death.....taxes......WDW price increases.
That's all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. Price increases could increase revenue while at the same time decrease crowds. It’s already normal for families to get priced out of a WDW vacation, now it could simply happen sooner.

Aalternatively families could simply save up and visit less often. Disney would love that too.
That’s really a bunk theory...that was never their goal.

They may increase prices...but the economy is also in recession and that will crush travel.

That’s the way of things

JIMINYCR

I find it noteworthy that out of the 6 Disney destinations WDW----- pound for pound/inch for inch-----is the most inferior product but yet the most visited and expensive.

This is why mass or aggregate behavior should not be a trusted indicator of higher quality offerings.

I see WDW as having more to offer --- pound for pound/ inch for inch ---- than other sites. It also gets more visitors because of many factors, such as on the whole a better weather cycle, variety of festivities and events, easier ability to draw travelers to it, notoriety and reputation, the desire of more first time visitors. Expensive, Yes.... but for those who know how to use it efficiently, IMHO, WDW has great value/ cost.
I also will never get the opportunity to travel out of country to any of the other sites and may not even get to DL, so like many other Disney goers WDW is the only Disney destination I will be able to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom